It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidnapped BBC Reporter Shown in Explosive Vest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Kidnapped BBC Reporter Shown in Explosive Vest

www.cnn.com

GAZA CITY (CNN) -- Clad in what appeared to be an explosive vest, kidnapped BBC correspondent Alan Johnston warned Sunday that his captors would turn their hideout into a "death zone" if any rescue attempt is made.

"I do appeal to the Hamas movement and the British government not -- not -- to resort to the tactics of force in an effort to end this," Johnston said in a video clip released by his captors and posted on Islamic militant Web sites.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
These people are really animals.

The press are their only hope to get the message of the Palestinian plight out to the world in a sympathetic light, yet they capture them and threaten to kill them. I fear Mr. Johnston seems to be in much more dire straits than FOX's Steve Centanni, just a few months ago. I still pray though that he will be released or recovered unharmed.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Good post, OP. I hope they can get that poor guy out of his critical situation. No one deserves to be mistreated or end up gruesomely murdered.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
These people make me sick! Capturing innocents and using them as tools. I hope Alan Johnston is released unharmed as soon as possible.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Its barbaric and they're animals.

Bush should have stayed the hell out of there and Saddam should be alive to deal with them and keep them in line.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Bush should have stayed the hell out of there and Saddam should be alive to deal with them and keep them in line.

Since when did Bush invade the Gaza Strip?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It has no bearing and i was WRONG.

[edit on 25-6-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Islamic extremists are using Palestinians and there hatred of Israel as a means of recruiting people to there cause and furthering there agenda which is the death of democracy and the creation of Islamic states. I hope that Johnston is freed by a military operation and the kidnappers are killed or captured.

I'm not a huge fan of Israel but I do wonder why all the people criticize Israel on other threads don't post on this thread ?
Perhaps there like some of the anti Iraq crowd they don't seem to be able to oppose certain policy's without defending or not condemning the enemy tactics .

[edit on 25-6-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

These people are really animals.

Boy you are being kind!

I would say cockroaches or perhaps pond scum, they really do not qualify as animals in my book.

[edit on 6/25/2007 by shots]

top topics

join