It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Operations Prepared for Domestic Missions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Special Operations Prepared for Domestic Missions

blog.washingtonpost.com

The U.S. Northern Command, the military command responsible for "homeland defense," has asked the Pentagon if it can establish its own special operations command for domestic missions. The request, reported in the Washington Examiner, would establish a permanent sub-command for responses to incidents of domestic terrorism as well as other occasions where special operators may be necessary on American soil.

The establishment of a domestic special operations mission, and the preparation of contingency plans to employ commandos in the United States, would upend decades of tradition. Military actions within the United States are the responsibility of state militias (the National Guard), and federal law enforcement is a function of the FBI.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I hope everyone is aware that the US Military forces are quickly being setup to be used inside the US Mainland. This is not the "State's Militia" that was formed/required under the US Constitution.

USNORTHCOM plans, organizes and executes homeland defense and civil support missions, but has few permanently assigned forces. The command is assigned forces whenever necessary to execute missions, as ordered by the president and secretary of defense.
source

Furthering into the Military might that shall hammer down upon dissenters in times of upheaval... there's the USARNORTH as well.

USARNORTH conducts Homeland Defense (HLD) and Civil Support (CS) operations, and Theater Security Cooperation (TSC) activities, as the Army Service Component Command (ASCC) to U.S. Northern Command in order to protect the American people and their way of life. On order, USARNORTH commands and controls deployed forces as a Joint Task Force (JTF) or Joint Force Land Component Command (JFLCC).
source

This is all being built up under the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act (H.R. 5122).

blog.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/22/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Nothing new here. NEST teams have been around for years. You should see what they are allowed to do in the event of a nuclear emergency.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
OK I've read your sources and the Examiner states that the request was for a small contingent of SOF staff for planning and control. That is far different then having say SEAL Team 6 scampering around the country on missions.

Quite frankly if I were in a hostage situation I would far rather have SEAL Team 6 come get me out then my local law enforcement because they are far better trained to conduct such operations. Seems to me that this is being blown far out of proportion especially since the request has not yet been granted final approval.

And yes, yes I know I'm a sheeple under mind control or some such thing. Thought I'd say and save time for some one else.

top topics

join