It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How should the Mexican Wall be built, what should it look like?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The Wall is the only effective solution to stop the flood of illegals. The question is what type of construction would be effective? Should it be tall, thick, go deep into the ground, be a double wall, have loads of monitoring equipment on it, have guards posted? What would work? What did the Isrealis build?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I do not know what the Israelis built, but you definitely do not want a chain link type of fence, but something solid with no hand holds. I would make it out of steel rather than masonry. On top would be electrified razor wire. It would be thirty feet high. There would be sensors and anti personnel devices sprinkled liberally throughout. On the US side I would place land mines for sixty feet, then more sensors. Beyond that would be snipers. I would also go 20 foot down or to bedrock which ever comes first. I would also fence the entire border between the US and Mexico, not just portions of it. People are smart enough to avoid the fence if there are areas that are not fenced.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
The Wall is the only effective solution to stop the flood of illegals. The question is what type of construction would be effective? Should it be tall, thick, go deep into the ground, be a double wall, have loads of monitoring equipment on it, have guards posted? What would work? What did the Isrealis build?

Do you realise how much this will cost the tax payers, instead the money should be use to improve health care

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
By groingrinder:

electrified razor wire. It would be thirty feet high. There would be sensors and anti personnel devices sprinkled liberally throughout.

I don't think the liberals are going to allow us to hurt anyone with this fence! Maybe mines that release tear gas or something similar?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
by thesun:

Do you realise how much this will cost the tax payers, instead the money should be use to improve health care
The total cost of all these immigrants is tremendous. For instance the state of California would have to build one new school a day to accomodate all the new students. It can't so overcrowding and poor educational conditions result. The cost for health care, education, and social services is just immeasurable and overwhelming. The wall will be by far the cheapest solution. The sooner we start the better!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Waste of time and money. Wall the Mexican border and they just use the coastline. Can't wall ALL of America.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The easiest and cheapest barrier to put between the US and Mexico would be several banks of concertina wire between lots of tangle foot barbed wire with at least two chain link fences topped with concertina wire.

It would not be impenetrable, but it would be hard to negotiate and would be fairly easy to maintain.

Here are some discriptions of this technique and other ideas.

www.globalsecurity.org

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepidCan't wall ALL of America.

But it would be better, no?

Thanks for the link Grady, nice read.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
tall double-walled concrete with broken glass and razor wire on top of each wall. Between the two walls, there should be a lion and other predator wildlife preserve (but they shouldn't be fed too well).

The walls should also extend out a mile or two into the sea at both ends.

[edit on 6/21/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The easiest and cheapest barrier to put between the US and Mexico would be several banks of concertina wire between lots of tangle foot barbed wire with at least two chain link fences topped with concertina wire.

It would not be impenetrable, but it would be hard to negotiate and would be fairly easy to maintain.

I think you just described the Berlin Wall.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'm going to have to say all of the above would be a good start

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well to start with I think there was one country that got their wall right...

I mean these were some serious people about keeping other people out.

Honestly it won't work you could build it down to the bedrock and up to space and there would be people that somehow got through it. People would start going along the coast. Course you could just start mass murdering people that you caught crossing the boarder. But I am sure people would freak about that idea.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
By Intrepid:

Waste of time and money. Wall the Mexican border and they just use the coastline. Can't wall ALL of America.
A wall may not stop them all but it will sure slow them down. My guess that with a good wall we could stop 8 or 9 out of 10. The border agents could then concentrate their efforts on the coasts, rivers and bridges.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Hmmm...maybe you guys could use The Berlin Wall for a model? Very high, barbed wire on the top, another wall a few hundred yards closer to the Mexicean border - so you could have a 'No Man's Land' inbetween the two?

Machine gun nests every 200 feet or so on the wall. The Romans used to recommend a small military detatchment every mile or so, with a fortified gate so they can rapidly foray out into the no-man's zone if anyone manages to get that far, and wipe them out to a man...

What do ya think??

Jimbo999

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
tall double-walled concrete with broken glass and razor wire on top of each wall. Between the two walls, there should be a lion and other predator wildlife preserve (but they shouldn't be fed too well).

The walls should also extend out a mile or two into the sea at both ends.

[edit on 6/21/2007 by djohnsto77]

Hahahah!! Hilarious!! Good one

Jimbo999

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Put those microwave guns all of the place, heat things up when they get close. Or dig a canal and fill it up with crocs, wouldnt that be gorgeous.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
All of the about is a good idea but why don't we look at the past for some answers. What I'm speaking of is something Grady may remember. Back in the 1950's there was an operation called "operation wetback". Needless to say it was very affective. It was the president at the times idea. He was tired of the corrution in the white house, so he did something about it.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm hoping someone can describe the wall the Isrealis built. It was predicted by many to be ineffective but I hear it has solved many problems!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I think you just described the Berlin Wall.

The Berlin Wall was erected by the East German Communists to keep East Germans from fleeing the horrible oppression of totalitarianism.

The wall or barrier proposed by Americans for our boarders is intended to keep others from entering our country illegally.

There's a huge difference.

I'm not sure why a Canadians should care one way or the other.

[edit on 2007/6/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
We don't need a wall. What we need is a government that is willing to enforce the laws we already have. Without that, a wall is only another financial drain on the taxpayers that does nothing to address the problem.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join