It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armageddon prophecy is real

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
sb2012 I often think the same thing, what if a prophecy is just someones idea and they influence someone else to make it happen so that others believe its the "way" I often think what came first? the idea or the action. And if that person never said anyhting at all would it all of happened.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
True- but like I said before, you guys are talking about the prophecy of the end of days happening in our lifetime- right? If so, then I would argue that the group of 'believers' in this prophecy is not large enough in numbers to create the prophecy. All religion may have end of days senerios, but again, all people who are religious do not believe that they will see the end of days. Furthermore, all conspiracy therorists that believe this idea aren't always 'religious' - And, certainly not strong enough in size and strength to fulfill such an all encompassing prophecy. So, the whole religious angel of the thread doesn't make sense to me

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yes, your argument is very good, but you need to count in the fact most of what people believe is shaped by media today in hands of a few elites. If they believe in Armageddon they can make people believe in it too.

Just look at Left Behind series, selling more than 70 million books even if just a small group of Christians believed in this scenario originally. After this and 10+ movies and The Omen series now BILLIONS believe it or at least they are prepared to accept it as soon as few 'clues' emerge.

Next, look at Iranian president mentioning AL Mahdi all the time, which is same as second coming of Christ himself for Muslims. Makes you wonder, maybe they all work together. USA/EU and Iran i mean.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
SB2012- Thanks, thats a certain possibility - Left Behind'? I'll have to look into it, I never heard of it before. But, I do know the History Channel recently played the Mayan Prophecy.
Could this be like the current rise in popularity of shows that have some paranormal and other wordly themes trying to mold an opening of spiritual concern in the public ?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Armageddon is upon us. But, seeing as how the word Armageddon, at least in ancient times, simply meant "awakening", I welcome it with open arms.

One thing the media and schools and other flows of information under the control of the Elite, one thing they will always do is twist words and facts so you get a slanted version of it. Case in point, the word Armageddon.

All the ancients, including the mayans, knew that an "age of awakening" would come at right around the time we are in now. They had different names for this, but it all means the same thing, we will rise out of the darkness of limited consciousness in physical duality, and evolve to the full consciousness of divine awareness.

Thats what we are headed for, there can be no doubt, and all the fear mongering and threats and fears you hear from the propaganda machines, are only there to draw you off the path of Ascension and into a state of fear and doubt....got you fearing the wrath of god and the rapture...that is exactly where they want you, life with limited awareness of the divine.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nowayreally
SB2012- Thanks, thats a certain possibility - Left Behind'? I'll have to look into it, I never heard of it before. But, I do know the History Channel recently played the Mayan Prophecy.
Could this be like the current rise in popularity of shows that have some paranormal and other wordly themes trying to mold an opening of spiritual concern in the public ?

Could be but also people are ready to put away dogmas and seek new spiritual experiences. It's new age of reason and old institutions and dogmas need to go away and make place for something new. This is why NWO, as some fundamentalists portray it, would be damned from start. You need NEW today or else you go away.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
so WHY is the Armageddon prophecy is real?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
People believe it and are instructed to carry it out. Most of the End Times scenario is possible to carry out without any holy company from heaven or hell. If something is missing you can be sure people will find explanation for it later.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just to set things on course Armageddon is the Greek name given Megiddo, the site of stables and possibly a tower built or re-built by Solomon. You are all discussing the battle that will be fought from Megiddo or the location of the Lords headquarters. Actually from what I believe a tower…. Well never mind you really don’t want to know. It comes down to an evacuation prior to the war that destroys this age of man. The Lord said he would send his Comforter to guide his followers but everyone is so involved in the Catholic Universal Church of the Roman Empire’s self proclaimed doctrine of “Saint” Paul (AKA the Liar) that it would take several books to set down what Yeshua/Jesus was talking about.
I’m afraid George Orwell had it right with Big Brother re-writing history and by control of the media and education Governments simply guide the sheep to be sheered, raped and slaughtered.
One of the worst re-writes performed by the successful Roman government was to neuter and to make a house pet of the Lion of Judah (Jesus the rebel king).

[edit on 14-7-2007 by Comforter]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well the Anti-Christ can't be born according to prophecy, but the leader of the NWO and the false Prophet will both be men born of woman. If by "THE ANTI-CHRIST" Satan himself, then the Bible says that he will come as Christ, you can find references to the first rider on a white horse in Revelations. So satan himself comes from supernatural means to the world as the Savior. He will perfom great miracles in the sight of men and to many he will appear to be the Savior, the biblically literate know that the first Jesus you see is not the real one, but the false one come to decieve.

As far as the prophecies of Armageddon are concerned I would have to know what context you mean, lot's of people have lots of opinions on this and many think that at the battle of armegeddon that Jesus comes. The Bible doesn't say this, but rather it says that that battle is one of the first happenings near the very end, and it will be the Hand of GOD that will smite those armies that come against Israel, but this is not the second coming or anything more than one of the battles in the end times.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The word Armageddon comes from the hebrew, Har- Meggido. Which means, hill of Meggido. This place is situated beside a great valley which apparently is a very strategic spot for battle. One thing to remember about the second coming is that the rapture is not the second coming, but a calling away, like Noah going into the ark. Jesus is the ark of safety. The bible calls it a great mystery. Then there will be another mystery, the whore of Babylon, who's colours are purple and scarlet. She rides a red beast (revived roman empire)maybe communist. Jesus' actual second coming will be when his feet touch down on the Mount of Olives after he has defeated the beast and the asian multitudes, who turned against the New World Order.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironside
You do have a point. Hitler thought he was doing God's work...
So does Bush, so do lots of extremists.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012

Question is, who put instructions there?

Still i am not denying higher forces at work, but people carry out most of the tasks as they are being instructed to in holy books.

the 'instructions' are known to some as unio mystica

i.e., the neurological networks in our brains that are used in processing
what we term spiritual experiences.

google up; God part of the brain
that's the newest researched explaination of that mysterious 'instructions
area' you asked about.

~~~

touching on another often passed over thing about the hill in the valley of megeddon....
the area is also a major hub of the ancient world's trade routes which also included the "silk-road" of antiquity...

i'm toying with the har-megeddon thing being a metaphor for a conflict that has a trade component in it. A political/military/economic/ideological clash between the world powers of the time.
call it East-Vs-West or even the oft mentioned 'clash of civilizations'
involving the OPEC resources and the trade/control of that civilization sustaining product/resource/life blood of commerce & industry..energy

the M.E. is where the prophecied valley of the final-climatic battle is situated...and where the Iran-Iraq-Syrian-Lebanese contests are occuring and where 80% of the known oil reserves of the p[lanet are.

just a notion i will try to develop further,

thanks

[edit on 14-7-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the 'instructions' are known to some as unio mystica

i.e., the neurological networks in our brains that are used in processing
what we term spiritual experiences.

google up; God part of the brain
that's the newest researched explaination of that mysterious 'instructions
area' you asked about.
(...)

That's typical for materialistic science today. Every emotion and abstract thinking is "somewhere in the brain", including spirituality, so they can make a pill for it. In reality things are not that simple, but at same time imbalances in the brain or body can lead to different thinking. But you will never achieve higher thinking or spiritual understanding/awareness with chemistry alone. It's simply limited science.

Who put prophecy there, well maybe it's just prophecy, maybe they envisioned events and people today interpret them according to society today.

[edit on 14-7-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
sb2012, all the evidence shows that everything that we experience is neorological and chemical. it's not limited thinking, it's REALISTIC thinking. thinking within the confines of what is real.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sb2012

I believe what you are saying is that People carrying out the agenda spoken about in the Bible.

Yes this is correct. Lucifer and the falling angels put it in our minds and planted the seeds there. Satan has always used humans to do his dirty work for him!!!

You asked who put the instructions there? I believe the falling angels did when they were here. Personally, I think that is what was under the sphinx! A Huge library telling us humans how to get to where we are now. (airplanes, computers, weapons, etc) making our technology as advance as they need it to be to bring us to where they can make us into the 10 nation government spoken about in revelations and from there rule us all and bring about the end of days as we know it.

See they (the falling angels) are still at war with God and think they can gather enough souls with them to beat God in the final battle!

(Is this a fact? NO! Could it be? Yes! No where in the scripture does it say this. I am just giving you my opinion and that is all.)

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Shar]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

i'm sorry, but that is just silly; Jesus was Jewish . . . either you've been misinformed or you're misinterpreting.

[edit on 5/29/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm prepared for the final battle between God and Satan. In fact i have a Secret Society called: Warriors of The Final Battle. We are the army of God. When the final battle starts. We will be there.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironside
You do have a point. Hitler thought he was doing God's work...

I tend to think that most people would not agree with Hitler's interpretation; his understanding of doing God's work.

The other side of the argument is that many of the ideas that Arians embrace date back to Arius. Some ideas from Arianism are found in Aryanism.

One of the most important things at this time was communication amongst different groups of people. This is often seen to be difficult when there is a language gap or culture gap.

An irrational idea; to eliminate the miscommunication between people force them to all agree the same thing or exterminate them.

It is notable that, the word error has roots in this time.

be kind to others

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Coemgen]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join