It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genocide of Innocence by the BSL

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is a big topic that needs to be disscussed. For people who don't know what BSL is, it is breed specific legislation. Or it is breed selection legislation. I forgot which one. If this law is passed anywhere, it gives people the right to put down dogs that have aggressive behavior.

For example, Rottwillers, pit bulls, and german shepperds. Those are the most common dogs that are forbidden. I have a rottwiller and a German Shepperd, and they are the greatest dogs in the world. They would never hurt anyone. If the dogs behave in an aggressive way, it is the fault of the owners, not the dogs. In some cases, the dogs have been neglected by the owners so bad, they have to be put down because they are so aggressive.

Some cities in America have decided to pass BSL, but most of the cities have not. I live in lexington, Kentucky and a city next to me, they've put resrictions on dogs. You have to have a license to own a certain dog. In other countries, they've passed BSL and people are killing dogs that look dangerous.

I'm worried that BSL will get passed here and my dogs will be put down. I hate BSL, the responsibility is placed on the owners. Therefore, the punishment should be placed on the owners.

Tell me how you think about BSL. That is if you take the time to read that.

[edit on 18/6/07 by galm 1]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I agree with you about the dogs, I had a German Shepard growing and mother told me stories of that dog letting me lay on it, put its tail, etc.. and that dog would never attack me.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
here's a vid aout the effect of BSL

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Who actually introduced this legislation anyway?

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I have no idea, but I'll get on google and look it up.
PLEASE WAIT...
Ok, well, I couldn't find the person who proposed BSL, but, here's a site that tells the locations of BSL. BSL link
I hoped that helped.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
are there not many people who know what BSL is? Come on!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I know what you're talking about galm. In Aurora, CO they passed a law making it illegal to own Pit Bulls. If the city finds out you own one, it will be put to sleep.

There is no reason these laws should exist. I agree, it is only the fault of the owner if a dog attacks someone. I have seen some of the "viscious" breeds be the nicest and most loyal dogs. They wouldn't even hurt a fly. But because some people won't tie their dogs up properly, or even people that can't respect that you can't just walk up to a dog you don't know. It makes everyone pay for others mistakes.

I almost couldn't even have my dalmation in my apartment complex just because they said he was a viscious breed. I can't even get him to nip at me, or even play like most other dogs would.

Seems to me laws are made about dogs that whomever passes the law just doesn't like that type of dog.

[edit on 18/6/07 by secret titan]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
38 states have made this law STATE WIDE!!! Louisville, Kentucky just passed restrictions on dog breeds. You can still own the dogs, but you have to have a license to own them.

I'm worried, Kentucky is probably going to input this law soon. I have a rott and a german shepperd. greatest dogs ever. So loyal.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
if anyone needs putting to sleep, its the people who dont take care of there pets or miss treat them. these people get a slap on the wrist while an innocent dog gets put down.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Usually, if a ban is put in place, you have 30 days to move or get rid of your pet. If it is seized, then it is put down.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think it's a shame that anyone would think that it's the dogs fault. I agree with you it's the owners fault and they should be the one's that are to be penalized for the dogs behaviors. I myself am looking at a breed that is not well know but they are protective of their owners and property. Thanks for the thread it has shed new light on something I've not thought about. It seems to me that lawmakers have to much time on their hands.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thank you. I completely agree with you.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If you have something to say about this, say it now! Please.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Great post, Galm, thanks. I wasn't aware of this law at all.This is horrilble. I grew up with German Shepherds, lots of them, mom was a breeder. Not one of them ever hurt anyone. That film just made me cry. We had a German Shepherd, a wonderful, sweet loving guy, who died last Nov. I hate thinking about him having to be put down if he were still alive.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will disseminate this info.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
In Louiseville Kentucky, they passed a lot of laws on dangerous dogs. The dogs will not be put down, but if you have a criminal history, no matter how minor, you can not own a specific dog. You have to have a license to own the dog and you can only own 2. I live in Lexington Kentucky. It's about 1 hour away and I fear that we are next.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
In my home town you can only own two dogs and if your going to breed them you have to get a license.

I think its so sad for animals to get put down, epsecially when its the owners fault!

If you ever watch Animal Planets "Animal Cops" then you know it happens ways to often.
It makes me mad to see animals get misstreated and the owner takes no responsibility for it.

I agree galm, Some of your most loyal dogs are rotts, german sheps, and many more dogs that the states are basically discriminating against. I hope you get to keep your dogs, but if they pass the law where your at, then just get the license.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by minnie]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure if we can get a license. I don't know all of the qualifications to get the license. I personally would never get a pitt, but I still won't discriminate against them. ROTTWILERS RULE!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This type of legislation makes me so angry. I have two mutts and I love them to pieces I can't imagine being told I had to put them down because of their breeds. It's wrong; owners should be made to be responsible for their animals. We have 6' high chain link and never leave them out if we aren't home. Lease laws are there to control animals; enforce them and breed restrictive laws wouldn't be needed.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Remember, Say NO to BSL!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think that State Farm Insurance has criteria for what kind of dogs not allowed on their policies.
When I looked, Siberian Huskies were on that list

Yeah, right, they might just lick you to death.

This is not a good thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join