It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Oh how this show brings me back to my drama club days back in HS. I think it's cleverly written and hilarious.. but i'm in the minority. I've heard talk that NBC plans to cancel it after the first season. Anyone on this board follow it, watch it, want to watch it?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I like it a lot myself. The writing is great (Aaron Sorkin is a genius), the characters are engaging and well-performed, and the look of the show is fabulous.

Unfortunately, NBC doesn't have it on its fall schedule. I've read elsewhere that while the show did have its champions at the network, they were outnumbered by those who didn't like it or didn't get it. I've also read that that way-cool, multimillion-dollar set has already been demolished. If that's true, then I'd say the show is well and truly dead. (The same report also said that Aaron Sorkin has pretty-much had it with TV, and is planning on going back to movies.)

Too bad, but c'est la vie. It's only TV. :shk:

Baack

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Ugh, I like so few tv shows. I really looked forward to that one. I hope they release it on dvd. That way i still get my Studio 60 fix. Did you catch it last night? It's kind of getting the feel of a series finally, and we just started it too

So there must be some truth to the rumors of it being canceled.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I've been watching Studio 60 out here in Hong Kong, normally all we get on the regular TV is the usual mainstream toss like 24, PB and survivor. These programmes are ok, but Studio 60 actually has some intelligent story lines and enjoyably watchable characters. Although Matthew Perry is always Matthew Perry: in this he's like Chandler with a brain!!

Sad if it goes: Ho Hum!!

Sometimes I'd like to see how the sketches play out. The new subversive fruit joining the fruit of the lume sounds like it sould be a thread on ATS!!

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I agree.. shows like 24 and such feel to built up. Reality TV is dumb, if i wanted to watch that, I'd sit and watch my dad's security cameras.

Matt Perry always seems to be the spaz... but he's such a wonderful spaz. I'm going to be sad to see the last eps.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I very much liked this show and hope it can somehow make it back on the schedule. However, it doesn't sound promising from what I've heard and read in this thread.

The interplay between the characters is really good, and the writing is fabulous. I especially like Simon and Danny's characters. Danny, particularly, has lot's of depth with his past addictions and his budding relationship with Jordan.

I'll be very sad to see this show go.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Danny and Matt's relationship is hilarious too, how quickly the can word play off of each other. I like them as a team and hope they keep that up in future endeavors.

I know a lot of people signed a electronic petition to get the show back for the rest of the season, and they changed the nights and everything. I think they want to put the kibosh on it... but if they are going to do that, i hope another network, will pick it up. It's a wonderful show.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
the show was not picked up and didn't have the fan base to form a protest like Jericho did so don't expect to see it next season.

I loved the show but I wasn't always thrilled with the relationships they chose to focus on.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hmm, what relationships are you referring to? What did you want to see?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well, you'll be happy to hear that it IS back on. I just watched a new one last night! It was good! For Central Daylight Time it's on Thursday nights at 9:00.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yes, they have two more episodes till the series finally I think...

It's not comming back next fall...

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Oh ok, I'm sorry - I thought I was watching one of the first episodes of the summer season. I didn't realize it had been on for awhile. I don't think it was very well advertised. I had no idea the season had started already!

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Yeah, i've noticed... shows that show the behind the scenes on a tv show seem to get killed by the networks. They really don't advertise for it enough, and that is horribly sad. It's an amazing show...

new topics

top topics

join