It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's on Guard? (And It Will Surprise You.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I recently ran across a name, and jotted it down, even forgetting exactly where I originally found it. Has anyone heard of the Magal Security Systems Limited? They're part of a global outfit called Magal Group of Companies.

www.magal-ssl.com...

This is a large conglomerate that has a major portion of the worlds security needs sewn up. In the US it owns Stellar Security and Perimeter Products, Inc. In Canada the own Senstar Corporation. It has also acquired a Virginia company called Dominion Wireless, Inc. Dominion is in the RF technologies business, and has 10,000 kilometers of it's product installed at points around the world. It boasts a 40% share of the world market.

Magal, once part of Israel Aircraft Industries, through it's many holdings now claims to guard a major portion of the worlds airports,industrial complexes, public utilities, borders, as well as conventional and nuclear power plants.

Listing over 20 major systems, they are involved in not only civilian airports, but US military installations as well. Even the Atomic Energy Agency is a client. Magal says that it has security operations in 80% of these and everything from ammo dumps to correctional facilities. This means that they are major players in America's overall security setup.

Two things to consider.

1) Israel has not always had the best interests of America at heart in the past, as evidenced by the number of spies for that country now serving sentences here. And this company must have very strong ties to the Nation Of Israel, as it began there.

2) In 2006 there was a real "stink" raised when a company out of the United Arab Emirate wanted to take over the management of six US ports. America rightly thought this was giving too much opportunity to another nation to access security measures that could result in harm to us.

So why is it fine and dandy for an Israeli company to exercise a great deal more control? How is this different?

Is this a case of the power of the Israeli lobby to make policy in the US? And why has not a single candidate picked up on this? I found it with little trouble, so one would think a staffer for one of the candidates could do the same. Are we in danger of our national security being in the hands of people with no real ties to the US and it's needs?

mod edit, spelling in title

[edit on 4-6-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I will bump this one time. I really would like to know if others think this could be of use to one of the candidates like Ron Paul.

And if so, what's the best way to get his attention with it?

Or is the issue of Israel one even he doesn't dare touch?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think this is absolutely absurd. One company with so much power, that is never a good thing. A company that powerful from a country with, at the very least, debatable motives, that is even worse. Personally I find this to be alarming; and that this isn't more widly known is quit odd too, though in these days of political secrecy and conspiracy, it isn't all that surprising.

new topics

join