It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Sunday Morning with Rev. Wupy: An Atheist at the Pearly Gates.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
PODcast:

Sunday Morning with Rev. Wupy: An Atheist at the Pearly Gates.

May the creator of us all bring happiness and sunshine into your day.

length: 06:12
file: btstpod_2318.mp3
size: 1456k
feed: btst

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Bravo... Bravo... Bravo

I've been waiting... and Hallelujah... I asked and I received...!

Loved the pearly gates scenario and Atheist standing in line...lol

Hey mrwupy.. if a cult congregation starts up, would they be known as

"wupyites"?

I enjoy everything you produce and you didn't fail me on this one either!

Johnny

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Thats was fun Rev wupy, maby thanks

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thank you my friends, I appreciate the kind words.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
ii gave this the benefit of the doubt, and had to turn it off after about 3 minutes due to its extreme stupidity and that annoying southern accent.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by j_kalin
ii gave this the benefit of the doubt, and had to turn it off after about 3 minutes due to its extreme stupidity and that annoying southern accent.

Wow, thanks for that interesting and valuable insight that you just provided. It's contributions like this that really make ATS/BTS special. They should make you a subject matter expert on ignorance!
Please return to myspace asap.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

extreme stupidity and that annoying southern accent.

You insult a subjective personal trait of another while you bare none.

Nice individual..

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Now, now. If your going to put yourself out there you have to take the good and the bad.

Once again, thanks to everyone for the comments.

I'm already thinking about next Sunday morning

wupy

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Personally, I enjoyed the entire thing. The perspective, the joyous giddyness of you tone of voice, and your accent only pulls everything together for me. Keep'em coming buddy.

AAC

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Attacking someone's religion or lack thereof invites a "subjective" response. Why are the "nice people" allowed to attack atheists and the people who attack the anti-atheists are "subjective" and not "nice individuals?" Seems like a double standard to me. I stand by my southern accent comment...it indicates a lack of education to me and many others; hence the stereotype of "Bubba" and "rednecks"....I may be wrong, but it is a common perception up here in New England. I suggest Mrt Wupy stick to reporting on UFO conventions and such and leave religion alone unless he wants more of the same.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by j_kalin]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by j_kalin
Why are the "nice people" allowed to attack atheists and the people who attack the anti-atheists are "subjective" and not "nice individuals?"

I see your true colors shining through.
So you took offense and decided to lash out. Gotcha!

Seems like a double standard to me.

You're right it does!

I stand by my southern accent comment

I'd say you'd be standing alone... but I'm sure you'd be next to some real class acts.

...it indicates a lack of education to me

Well I built and operate a Medical Diagnostic Imaging Center and one of our radiologists (the most respected) is from Desoto, Texas and an extremely intelligent man. So much so that you'd find yourself crawling away with your tail between your legs. You realize you are generalizing a group so large your opinion is now transparently moot by the one example I gave?

hence the stereotype of "Bubba" and "rednecks"...

I may be wrong,

You are.

but it is a common perception up here in New England.

What that all people from Maine are "Mainiacs?"

I suggest Mrt Wupy stick to reporting on UFO conventions and such and leave religion alone unless he wants more of the same.

Is that a threat?
You are a real gem... Not!

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Great response AAC,
. It certainly has been awhile since I have heard something as stupid as equating an accent to someones intelligence level, nice observation there J-kalin

Attacking someone on a personal basis because they disagree with your beliefs? What belief system do you have that codones attacks on anyone who disagrees with them
If you want to bash his beliefs fine, but leave his accent out of this.

If I were you, I'd go find another site to play on, come back whey you're a little older.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I dunno it sounded completely condescending to me. And fairly ignorant. I am sorry if I am posting in a forum only devoted to Mr. Wupy fans, but come on.

Athiests do not belive in "eternal sleep". That would be a wonderful faith based idieology. I wish (like mrwupy) that I could sleep for eternity, but unlike Cthulu eternal slumber is beyond us all. The belief is that when we die we no longer exist!

The problem is that we can't come back with our chuckling condiscention with "hoho how much of a fool your going to feel when you die and find out I am right!" Because from our view, you wont be feeling or finding out anything...

What I heard while listening was Athiests are idiots and are in for a big suprise in the end. Now take that statement and insert the words Jew, Muslim, or Catholic and you all wouldn't be so quick with your applauds.

It's great be spiritual all you would like. It was a learning experience for me, that is for sure. I learned not to listen to mrwupy, I learned kleverone's response to people who dont agree is "logout and kill cookies nub", I learned AnAbsoluteCreation debates well, and I learned j_kalin doesn't.

All in all your feel goody sunday sermon left a sour taste in my mouth. I am sorry I wasted my time listening to it, but somehow it got to the lefthand column in the mainpage.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't say that you are in a forum of Wupy fans as much as you are in a forum of people who do not appreciate attacks of things people have no control over, such as race, height, accents. etc.... If you want to disagree or argue over religious beliefs that is one thing, but leave it at that. The personal attacks are childish and uncalled for. Do you see the difference?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Cheers Mr. W!

Sure beats the crap on TV.

As for spawn features: The UK has more reginal accents that you can shake a stick at, I've worked with people that come from 60 miles away and not understood half of what they've said. that does not make them stupid, just different.

You're worse than Poo, Tigger, Rabbit and Pigglet in the Heffalump movie!

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Atheists are not optimists, and they are not pessimists. Atheists are realists.

I find it upsetting that your life isn't for filling enough to you without a higher purpose to look forward to.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this, I thought your opinions were well presented, and an entertaining listen.

That isn't to say I agree with your point of view, but you don't have to agree to appreciate.

Also, where can I get me a laugh like that?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLazy
Atheists are not optimists, and they are not pessimists. Atheists are realists.

I find it upsetting that your life isn't for filling enough to you without a higher purpose to look forward to.

I fully agree, Captain. It's extremely ignorant to think that athiests get up in the morning thinking there's nothing to live for just because we have the balls to go through life without the need for a mental crutch such as the belief of eternal life.

In fact, is it possible that athiests appreciate/respect/love life even more than believers because atheists think that one day it will all be gone? It'd make sense wouldn't it?

Also, if I'm wrong and there is a God and I'm standing at those pearly gates after I die and God turned around to me and said ''You, you led a good honest life, but you didn't believe in me so you're not coming in'' and then turned around to the guy behind me who had commited murder/robbery/e.t.c all his life but turned to God in his last years and asked forgiveness, would God say ''Okay, no probs here, you believe in me now and you're sorry, the suffering you caused doesn't matter now, get your short and curlies in here''?, well, this wouldn't seem at all fair would it? Now, if there is a God and he is this petty then he can stick his eternal kingdom where the sun don't shine, because I'm not having someone......no matter how universally powerful.....judging me on logic as warped as that.

Saying that, it was still an entertaining cast. I'd tone down on the laughing parts a bit though, it sounded a bit TOO mocking.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Jesus people! Lighten up!

I know you all don't know Mr. Wupy as I do, but let me tell you that you're making a lot of incorrect assumptions about the man and his opinions. I took this PODcast to be "musings" on one man's thoughts about Atheism. There are many different types, you know.
And many different belief systems associated with the range of Agnostic and Atheistic beliefs...

Hey, Brother Wupy! I look forward to your next Sunday Morning Chat.

Love ya, man...

[edit on 4-6-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What happens when Rev. Wupy is put before Allah? *Insert mocking laugh here*.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join