It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NE Ohio UFO sightings, has anybody thought about the Ravenna Arsenal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I was reading the post about the Trumbull County UFO sighting earlier today and it got me thinking. I drive to Trumbull County regularly and along the way I drive past the Ravenna Arsenal. Here is a little background about the facility from ohiotrespassers.com:

Established in 1940 by the Department of the Army, the 21,427 acre site was one of sixty plants at the onset of Word War II for the purpose of loading, assembling, and packing a variety of conventional ammunition, including medium and major-caliber projectiles, bombs, fuzes, boosters, primers, and percussion elements. It was owned by the government but a subsidiary of the Firestone Rubber Co. was the operating contractor. It was originally constructed as two installations - the Ravenna Ordinance Plant, for production, and the Portage Ordinance Depot, for storage - which were combined under one administration in 1943 and the name was changed to the Ravenna Arsenal. The small town in Ohio was chosen because of it's remote, non-coastal location, large tracts of land, suitable industrial work force, ample water supply, and excellent rail connections.

Here's the link to the site referenced above:
www.ohiotrespassers.com...

Here are the coordinates from Google Earth:
41°12'37.33"N, 81° 4'24.17"W
Make sure you zoom out enough to see the whole facility to see its true boundries.

Wikipedia link:
en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder if this place could have something to do with the UFO activity over the NE part of the State of Ohio. I think it is largely "vacant" except the National Guard/Reserve currently trains there. There have been UFO reports near or over the Ravenna Arsenal in the past.

I am interested to see if anybody has any thoughts on this location (or possibly an underground base/rail entry point).

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Wright Patterson Airforce Base is right there in Dayton Ohio. If I recall, didn't stuff from Roswell get shipped to Wright Patterson?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
nevermind, I was thinking of another Ohio incident, wrong area.

www.youtube.com...

join