It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Earth - Trip proposed to centre of Earth via Arctic hole

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It would seem that the hollow earth theory will not go away. The link here tells of the latest expedition to the arctic to search for the mythical opening.

A U.S. scientist and a small band of believers are planning a journey to the Canadian Arctic for what they call "the greatest geological expedition in history."

Link

They are taking documentary film crews with them so we might get to see something on TV when they return.

I dont suppose they'll find any mysterious opening though. More money than sense, these guys.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by G_man]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
These expeditions pop up every so often. I don't think any of them have ever "actually" happened. I've read countless articles about groups making the trip and taking video and all that, and I've yet to see anything.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one either.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Theres a scam that charges $10,000 a ticket. This would be the latest venture. Rich people get ripped off, too embaressed to report it, easy money.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

t's not clear whether Mr. Currey was a true hollow-Earth believer, or if he could simply see a good business opportunity. Whatever his beliefs, Mr. Currey somehow pinpointed the Arctic portal at 84.4 degrees north and 41 degrees east, roughly 400 kilometres northwest of Ellesmere Island.

Well, they give the supposed coordinates of the portal.
So, can anyone google earth it?
Are there any cartographers here that can verify this?
Now I'm really curious.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yeah dude, there is a giant hole at those co-ordinates... wonder why no one has ever seen it... oh yeah.. CAUSE THERE ISNT ONE!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Brooks Agnew is certifiable
this is what he said on coast to coast

Agnew said the 100-man, 13-day expedition will be utilizing a 450-ft long, 23,000-ton nuclear-powered Russian icebreaker ship, as well as specialized instruments to measure a 'depression' in the ocean and changes in the properties of sea water that could point to the opening of the inner Earth. He suggested the opening may be as large as 80 to 500 miles across, but could be 'masked' by the inhabitants who live there. Agnew said there are reports of at least 8 major races and 200 minor races living in the interior of the Earth.

www.coasttocoastam.com...
8 major and 200 minor races ?
dude wake up
theres only one race on the surface,
the human race

perhaps hes confusing types of cold loving bacteria with people ?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
something might be there:

www.youtube.com...
russian spoken

in general what is told there - 1947 (expedition named operation 'High Jump') few navy ships were sent to Antarctica to investigate something (noone knows why) but soon after they went back to America with without one ship, 68 mariners dead.. and so on

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
hmmm
reading the mystery sites about hollow earths and secret Nazi underground bases will often claim "no one knows why"
if you knew why you'd realise that most of the things written about operation high jump are baloney

1. to train personnel and test material in the frigid zones
2. to consolidate and extend American sovereignty over the largest practical area of the Antarctic continent
3. to determine the feasibility of establishing and maintaining bases in the Antarctic and to investigate possible base sites
4. to develop techniques for establishing and maintaining air bases on the ice, with particular attention to the later applicability of such techniques to operations in interior Greenland. (where, it was then believed, physical and climatic conditions resembled those in Antarctica)
5. to amplify existing knowledge of hydrographic, geographic, geological, meteorological and electromagnetic conditions in the area.

link   
hmmm
reading the mystery sites about hollow earths and secret Nazi underground bases will often claim "no one knows why"
if you knew why you'd realise that most of the things written about operation high jump are baloney

2. to consolidate and extend American sovereignty over the largest practical area of the Antarctic continent
3. to determine the feasibility of establishing and maintaining bases in the Antarctic and to investigate possible base sites
4. to develop techniques for establishing and maintaining air bases on the ice, with particular attention to the later applicability of such techniques to operations in interior Greenland. (where, it was then believed, physical and climatic conditions resembled those in Antarctica)
5. to amplify existing knowledge of hydrographic, geographic, geological, meteorological and electromagnetic conditions in the area.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   
hmmm

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If the hollow Earth myth is true then can someone explain were the magnetic field of the earth comes from. I mean really who in their right mind would believe in the hollow earth.Just the shear physics of the idea is ridiculous.If the nazi's were at the poles then you can be sure it would have been for setting up bases for a possible attack on North America.Think about it we never would have suspected an all out attack from the North by Nazi's back then. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It would be really AWESOME if they accomplished this. HUGE! However, theres so much pressure at the center of the earth nobody knows how far they will get. Especially if they cant dodge magma. Godspeed evil genius'.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
lets hope they rescue Doug McClure while theyre at it

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I read many reports about the Hollow Earth, even the Sumerians wrote about it 10,500 years ago, the Bible mentions it and so does Jesus.
Jesus said that after death all go to hell and can be released whenever they want to, infact one of Jesus desiples claimed to have seen Jesus decend into hell. the bible dont mention this though.... Jesus then sais all the beings can be free if ALL the ppl on the surface wishs, this would also release Lucifer from hell.

I think the possibility of a hollow earth makes allot more sence that a solid one, but then so does the US Military, thats why they wont allow anyone to go to the Antarctica. They have a huge base there.
And if you look on maps, even goolge maps dont show anything relevent, do to the fact they dont want anyone going to the center on the earth.

Admiral Byrd of the USAF even maid a claim to this fact, and said that the embasador of the hollow earth gave him a message to give to the leaders to not use Nuclear bombs.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hollow earth in the strictest sense doesn't square with geology or physics...but it's possible that the crust might be honeycombed with a cavern network.

We need more evidence, and NOT from con artists.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think this is why Vladimir Putin

wants most of these area. He will put a stop to these determined people going to check this out.

They are really determined, i heard them on Coast 2 Coast.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Hollow earth in the strictest sense doesn't square with geology or physics...but it's possible that the crust might be honeycombed with a cavern network.

We need more evidence, and NOT from con artists.

What do you mean? they tested and found that when struck on the surface, they claimed that the earth rang like a bell.... this can not happen if the earth is solid.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
SpaceBits, could you please provide a link for your "ringing like a bell" claim?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
SpaceBits, could you please provide a link for your "ringing like a bell" claim?

I cant find the exact link i was reading, as i'm not on my pc. but i did find this one.

Hollow earth rings like a bell

Edit to add another link: Hollow Earth

[edit on 1-7-2007 by SpaceBits]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Spacey, do you think that gravity within the hollow earth is normal, or almost nonexistent, as some physicists have speculated?

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join