It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to Donate Salary if Elected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of this comment, because he is either going to donate it or not. Why not just make a black or white statement and say he is or isn't going to donate his money and not be a politician by saying "likely".

I am so tired of ambiguity.

Forbes Article

Republican Mitt Romney said Tuesday he would likely donate his salary to charity if elected president, a financial freedom he described as a byproduct of a successful business career.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Its great. All these rich politicians should follow suit.

Does this make me like Romney any more and want to votre for him? Hell to the no.

He's nothing but a panderer. And a wanna be.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The Presidents salary is something like 150K. We could get a major athlete to donate 150K with every sneeze. It doesnt mean anything. Ross Perot said the same thing. Ooohh 150K!!! Well, that'll more than make up for Washingtons obscene spending.

Id much rather he kill all the idiotic pork spending and shut down entire branches of the fed and keep his 150K.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The President's Salary is $400k per year.

The President shall receive in full for his services during the term for which he shall have been elected compensation in the aggregate amount of $400,000 a year, to be paid monthly, and in addition an expense allowance of $50,000 to assist in defraying expenses relating to or resulting from the discharge of his official duties.

www4.law.cornell.edu... 00102----000-.html

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The Presidents salary is something like 150K. We could get a major athlete to donate 150K with every sneeze. It doesnt mean anything. Ross Perot said the same thing. Ooohh 150K!!! Well, that'll more than make up for Washingtons obscene spending.

Id much rather he kill all the idiotic pork spending and shut down entire branches of the fed and keep his 150K.

I know of some food banks and womens shelters that sure could use $150k.

new topics

top topics

join