It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitalism In America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I was surfing news sites and I came across this opinion column. As a working stiff in the U.S. I have experienced a lot of what was mentioned. Please post any thoughts or comments you have on this column.

I am the voice of the voiceless. I am the exploited, powerless against the machinations of the exploiter. I am the honest, so my truth will be used against me. I am the victim of capitalism in America.

Capitalism in America is covertly governed by three unwritten rules. The first two rules work in tandem: 1). Treat others the way you would NOT want to be treated; 2). Always measure the value of human beings by your self-interest, not theirs.

In 1991, the company where I worked for almost fifteen years gave its employees, including myself, one day’s notice that our jobs were being eliminated. The district supervisor, after he handed us our final paychecks and ushered us out the door, then spent the rest of the afternoon joking condescendingly about those of us he had so callously discarded.

sorce

[edit on 17-5-2007 by RedGolem]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Communist propaganda.

Pravda.ru? Give me a break.

The great thing about capitalism, is that the fired workers have the freedom to go right out and get another job. They also have the freedom to cry about it to a communist propaganda site.

Does big business cry when an employee that they have trained from day one all of a sudden quits to join the competition, or to pursue other options?

Another great thing about capitalism is 4.2% unemployment. That means 95.8% EMPLOYMENT! What other country enjoys rates like that?

[edit on 17-5-2007 by RRconservative]

[edit on 17-5-2007 by RRconservative]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Actually it sounds more like capitalist dogma. Since the on set of globalism workers have lost their jobs and then been hired back as temps. Also the gov let United Airlines do away with their pension plans that were collectively bargained for. Can you or I break a contract with impunity? I think it's the blatant inequities of the system that bother me. Corporations have more rights than people. Fact since the 1970's weath has been reditributed upwards we are now at the level of inequity the US experienced just before the Great Depression.

Google Video Link
That can't be good.

Ok looks like the video didn't work. Go to google video and search L-Graph.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by polanksi]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Polanksi,
I did the search for l-graph. It did not return any results.
Perhaps you could post the link to the video you want us to watch?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It's called the L Curve. And the gap has widend to such a degree that the wealthy have become a power elite.

www.youtube.com...://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woIkIph5xcU

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I just watched the L Curve video. That is a pretty good example of what is happening in the U.S. I also liked the way it talked about how your labor could make money vs investments. Yes we all know which is more efficient.
For some reason the link does not take you right to the video, type L Curve into the search box, click search and that will pull it up.
www.youtube.com...

top topics

join