It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's your favorite Star Trek character?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Oh man, so many to choose from. Bones, Quark, Kirk(that's a character), 7 of 9(nuff said). If you had just one to pick as the one you enjoy watching the most, who would it be? Two catagories. Regular and guest cast members.

Mine?

Data and Q. Special nod to Guinan though. That was a tough choice.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I love 'Q'.

'Q' is a person you either love or hate.

John D' Lance did a fine job with this one.

This character seemed to always be right in your face - forever questioning our 'validity of our existance.' Taking the time out of his boring 'Continuum lifestyle' to challenge us at every corner.

Another 'less-known-character' - "The traveller". He helped to open up Wesley Crushers' 'beyond-human potentials', and made me think as to the potential of the human mind/spirit.

I love the main characters of Star Trek; however I wanted to show you what's going on with TheDuckster's mind.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
James T Kirk -hes the man ( or the brown tribble)

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Data is the obvious choice. He's all super smart, and awesome, but I'm not gonna go that way. Q is also very cool, and the concept of the Q-Continuum is pretty cool too. But I'm not going to pick him either.

I'm going to go with Ben Sisco. He was a badass. Extremely competent leader, as well as a religious figurehead. Plus, he was a pretty good singer and dancer, which was more than I could say for Data.

However, Data did do a rousing rendition of Blue Skies by Irving Berlin, but it didn't compare to Ben Sisco's "The Best is Yet to Come"

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
I love 'Q'.

'Q' is a person you either love or hate.

Q is awesome. He makes it possible for the plot to go anywhere and it usually does.

[edit on 5/17/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The thing about Q is that he's omnipotent. Stories where the enemy is omnipotent are often boring IMO. I've always like the stories where the good guy has to face his polar opposite, and where his polar opposite has just as much of a chance of winning as the hero does. That's why I always loved the stories involving the Dominion. It's essentially the anti-federation. I suppose that's why DS9 was always my favorite series.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I have to say I really enjoyed DS9, back in the day. But my fav characters have changed since then due to people I have met along the way.

My wife (Duckster I'm not a girl!!) is Chinese and all her millions of aunties and uncles are refered to with honourific titles and not names, so to save confusion we started naming them, so I would know who she was talking about.

The first one we named Uncle Fingers, because when I first met him his fingers had been broken at work. Then came Uncle Red (hair) Uncle Football, Aunty gap (teeth not clothes) and various others.

Back to the topic, my fav characters from star trek have got to be the Farengies, and that brings me back to Uncle Farengy who talks about money all the time.

I once saw him rubbing his ear and I blew coke out of my nose laughing.
something like that!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Mr. Spock!

I can't imagine any other answer...

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
sry if its spamming but i love Q, the whole Q idea gets me excited

[edit on 18-5-2007 by outrider]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's Kahn who in his downtime hosts Fantasy Island and sells Lincolns.

Peace

SR

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I liked that Odo dude from Deep Space Nine i always thought he was a badass and they really fleshed his story and people out in the last few series and made him more likeable in my opinion.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Odo was on my list too. I think it's pretty impressive what he can do while shape shifting. There was one episode where he transformed into energy/light and flooded Kira's quarters with it. It was awesome. And, that's probably only the beginning of what he can do.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is hard...

I'm a fan of Q... He's got to be the best guest character ever. You take all the reality bending power, create a puzzle, then say "Ok, you puny excuses for sentient life... figure it out!" Then sit back and enjoy the fireworks. It means, point blank.. anything will happen and you are not bound even by the simplest bits of potential reality.

As for the cast members, I thin Bashir has to be mine. He's got that egotistical overconfident manor and in the same breath, is rather vunerable, and caring. It's a great mix.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Not only that, but Bashir was genetically manipulated to be a genius. I loved how they threw that one in there out of nowhere. It added a whole new spin on why the good doctor was such a good doctor.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yes... it helps to explain how he's always so perfect in everything. He did earn his ego.. but at the same time... it wasn't earned honestly (genetic modification is illegal after all).

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
He did you it wisely though. Have you seen the episode with the other genetically modified people? They're all rainmanish and autistic.

Anyway, showing too much of my geek side here.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oh, he had better success than the others... still... it's not like he was born with his ablities... course you have to blame his folks for that.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If you want to talk doctors, what about Voyager's? That character cracks me up.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm upset that they didn't do more with "The Doctor". After all, he was a hologram that could process info as fast as a computer, and could rewrite his own matrix.

Theoretically, he could be some crazy ultra hero for Voyager. With his mobile emitter, he should have been able to create all types of random crap just by thinking about it. He needs a holographic laser scalpel? BAM, out of thin air. He needs an arm made of solid duratanium so he can punch trough a wall, BAMF, there it is.

They really didn't do him justice in Voyager.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Gah I'm outnumbered. Hate Q. hatehatehatehatehate Q. Ew. Q. Smarmy, too much power, reminded me of that Liberace-esque character that had Spock and Kirk and it turned out he was some young life form and his parents made him stop. Bleah. It was because of Q that I nearly stopped watching Next Gen.

Wasn't too fond of Riker either. Always walking around like he had a stick rammed up his butt.

Quark was pretty good. 7 of 9. Data. Worf. The doc on Voyager, I liked him too.

But of them all, I think Spock's my favorite. My earliest memory is Spock. Perhaps it's density. Make that destiny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join