It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much upload space do staff get?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I just pose this question, as for one thing, they seem to have a lot of it, and secondly from the way the files are linked they have their own private upload area, rather than the basic one.

for example: www.abovetopsecret.com...

now, look on the image properties, and you find a string like this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...[staff member name]/Laos20070516-100_20.gif

So I just ask, how much more do they get?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Enough to upload our entire consciousness onto the ATS servers, how else would we moderate?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
Enough to upload our entire consciousness onto the ATS servers, how else would we moderate?

I suppose I should really have expected such a comment, but wouldn't that require more space than a hard drive can handle?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
UK Wizard nailed it.

Hint: Have you heard of a terabyte...

But, it's a secret so don't tell anyone else.

sanc

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
I suppose I should really have expected such a comment, but wouldn't that require more space than a hard drive can handle?

A hard drive? With all the alien technology we have access to you think we use hard drives?

But as Sanc said its a secret, so hush hush and what not.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
And before you ask, I didn't mention how many terabytes.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Theres no way you need a terabyte of it, i was really hoping for a serious answer. But I suppose i never really expected one...

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'm actually about to run out of upload space...

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
apex, you do know that you can spend points and increase your upload quota right? I mean I have several avatars and my signature uploaded to the ATS servers at the moment.

I am sure that staff get more space a kind of perk for the job but you and I the lowly normal members can increase the amount of space we can get by spending points in the ATS store.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
O RLY

It's actually called an "atsabyte". But I can't talk about it coz' it's secret.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
It's actually called an "atsabyte". But I can't talk about it coz' it's secret.

Like the Internet only bigger

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
apex, you do know that you can spend points and increase your upload quota right? I mean I have several avatars and my signature uploaded to the ATS servers at the moment.

I am sure that staff get more space a kind of perk for the job but you and I the lowly normal members can increase the amount of space we can get by spending points in the ATS store.

Yes, i know that, I was just wondering how much they get. Anyway I use photobucket most of the time. It was just a bit of curiosity.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
we have enough upload space that I currently have all of my family photos stored here, along with my "erotic art" collection, my home movies, medical records, my client documents and a few other office docs that need storage.

I have so much space available to me that I am renting upload space to the gov'ts of France and Japan.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I...uhhhh...actually taxed it to the limit. Twice. Mainly because I was hosting the Handbook there, but also because I'm a avatar freak. SkepticOverlord kindly helped me on that front.

I had the option to pay for more space or give him my first-born child.

I'm going to miss that kid.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
we have enough upload space that I currently have all of my family photos stored here, along with my "erotic art" collection, my home movies, medical records, my client documents and a few other office docs that need storage.

I have so much space available to me that I am renting upload space to the gov'ts of France and Japan.

You know, I'm sure somewhere in the T & C it says something about not knowingly posting false information

Come on, I posed a simple question and all I get is ridicule. Then again, after all the other things you do for this site, I suppose thats fair.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I honeslty don't know how much space is available there. Someone may have mentioned it but I was out of school that day. Personally I use my own domain for most of my image needs. You could get one of your own for just a few dollars a month, but then you already know about my domain don't you?

[edit on 16-5-2007 by dbates]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I honeslty don't know how much space is available there. Someone may have mentioned it but I was out of school that day. Personally I use my own domain for most of my image needs. You could get one of your own for just a few dollars a month, but then you already know about my domain don't you?

Oh right, I just wondered if anyone knew. I basically assumed it was quite large but thought no more of it.

And yes, I do seem to know about your avatar hosting, and very good it is too.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What difference does it make?

Originally posted by apex
Come on, I posed a simple question and all I get is ridicule. Then again, after all the other things you do for this site, I suppose thats fair.

The ATS Staff has it's own upload space... I've never used it myself, preferring a third party host for my files. Are you making a "some members are more equal than others argument;" if you are, to what end?

This inquiry has all the merit of lamenting a McDonald's employee's access to free french fries.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have no clue, rarely use it. Photobucket works for me. I don't know how much space they give you either.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
According to the TOS the staff members each recieve 1 yottabyte of upload space.
Hope that helps.

<<   2 >>

join