It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early stages of panic gun buying

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Based on my own observations, comments made by local gun store managers and information gleaned from other shooting discussion forums, the first signs of panic gun buying are beginning to show up.

House Bill HR1022 is basically a reanactment of the previous Clinton ban, except it has certain clauses which make it even stricter, and it is currently working its way through the system.

It's still early days, and far from a flood, but ARs are reportedly flying off the shelves at fast as gun stores can put them on display, stripped lowers here in Phoenix are now very difficult to locate, one shooter reported trying 10 dealers before he found one.

Hi cap semi autos and extra magazines are also reported to be in exceptional demand. Shooters are looking ahead, and they obviously think the outlook is bleak.

Gun bans are not so much of a problem with a little planning, but if they go after ammunition with a dollar per round tax (as was recently suggested in California) that would be a different matter.

If you are thinking about making a purchase, you may want to factor this in.

As ever, your mileage may vary.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
There wont be another ban, this is a battle they wont win, at least legally, The facts are the anti gun politicians couldn't give a damn rather Joe Schmoe on the street is safe, its not about that, its about control, and if we are armed they have less of it, But the irony here is there threat of a new ban, is merely preparing more of us in opposition to them, As far as the ammo thing, Some think us gun owners are"Nut jobs" because we stockpile lots of ammo in the thousands, first of all its cheaper this way especially with ammo prices going up, second, any bullet ban wont effect us, at least not immediately.

We aren't Nut Jobs, We are prepared.

Molon Labe

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

We aren't Nut Jobs, We are prepared.

Molon Labe

Prepared for what?????
I don't under stand?????
Is the US getting invaded?????

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2

Prepared for what?????
I don't under stand?????
Is the US getting invaded?????

1.Anything, Namely GUN BANS as stated in my post
2.Dunno man let me know if you hear anything here, I'll let my fellow militiamen know ahead of time so we can stock pile and pull together our resources in attempt to thwart the invasion.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by C0le]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hmm, that is very interesting. I guess I should head over and pick up a gun as well. I always wanted one anyways.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm way ahead of the curve. I already got my new Sig 556 - about a dozen clips and ammo. I've already stocked up on .40S&W and clips for my Sig P229R.

The politicians are STOOOOO-PID to think that people are going to continue to sit back and let them degrade our freedoms. They're pushing the envelope on this one man. I can tell you that the time is rapidly approaching when regular every-day citizens are gonna start pushing back - and HARD!

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm even furtherr ahead of the curve because I don't own a gun so I'm already at the total ban stage in my living room.

People who panic when politicians look at gun laws are merely demonstrating that they lack the level-headedness to be responsible gun owners anyway. Actually "responsible gun owner" is a bit of an oxymoron.

Hmm, so what are ARs for except shooting people? Seriously,

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by planeman

Psycho hunting I suppose.

But I'd expect that they'd be more used in those training obstacle course things.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
There is an Indian (Native American [aboriginal]) reserve about an hour and a half away from where i live. You can get anything & I mean anything except WMD. Rocket launchers, Machine guns, its awesome & you don't need anything but cash! Completely sovereign territory, what ever the Chief says is law. Sweet! Crosses into the US/Canada. They can get anything & anyone across.
Not one single gun crime ever!

People you really got to start stocking up cause your politicians are selling you out everyday, legislating you from serfdom to debt slaves. When their is nothing left to give to creditors you will be left to the wolves.
Watch out for people who think they are owed something when the social safety net goes down. They will be naughtiest and murder the middle class out of class envy.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I own half a dozen AK's, I collect them, However in its original form it was created for war, it was created to kill the enemy, about 2000, rounds or so down the pipe of each of em thus far, and mine haven't killed anyone.

So please stop making Ignorant comments, Guns don't kill anyone, the man behind the trigger does, how quick you are to judge the whole of gun owners for the crimes and wrong doings of a few.

And just a lil FYI, Read the "Federalist Papers" The founders make it VERY VERY clear what the second amendment is for.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

...Guns don't kill anyone...

A malfunctioning one does/can.

Sorry, have to be the devils advocate.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
yeah and on the other side of gun buying three months ago i would have had to pay.....people....800-1,000 dollars for a ak now i know a few....people...that can getone for 80 cause ttheres so many of them going around

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I use mine to hunt coyotes, p-dogs and I'm set for any social problems that may arise.

Roper

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
.... but if they go after ammunition with a dollar per round tax (as was recently suggested in California) that would be a different matter.

One word. RELOAD!!!!

I just bought 2k .40 brass on Ebay. Now looking for .223 brass. Ebay is not the place to get .223 brass, to high.

Roper

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Of course, the same can be said of a great many things in the event of a malfunction. Guns are merely one of them. There are several things that can fail with deadly consequences on a vehicle, for example.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

So does a malfunctioning toaster if it is plugged in. I suppose that means that we're all gonna have to create some anti-toaster committees and design some draconian and unrealistic laws concerning the dangers of plugged in electrical goods. Naturally this would require the licencing of said goods to "protect" us all, with a 14 day wait upon purchasing if it is small enough to conceal, combined with a limit to numbers of electrical goods registered to a household in order to avoid the possibility of aggressive hoarding of electrical can openers.

Please

[edit on 19-5-2007 by PaddyInf]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Actually "responsible gun owner" is a bit of an oxymoron.

Just once, I would like to hear a reasonable argument from someone anti-gun that was mature, "level-headed" and didn't directly insult the gun-owning community. Maybe then I could take the argument from both sides.

quote: Originally posted by planeman

This is actually a common question that I have encountered. I don't think that it reflects hostility(mostly) but rather ignorance. If anyone has any questions as to why a person would need a high capacity rifle such as an AR-15 or an AK-47, then they should make the effort to visit their local firing range and make some friends, or at least ask some questions.

Aside from general preparedness from civil disasters or tyrannical rule, as prescribed by the founding fathers, there are lots of "sporting" purposes for an "Assault"
rifle.

"Why does anyone need a sports car, when a economy car will do? All you can do with it is break the law by speeding, so why shouldn't we ban them?"
Its the same argument people, the only difference is that Hollywood doesn't villanize sports cars.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Heh Nicotine don't even bother going there, We don't need any reason other then the reasons given by our founders, Sporting purposes and hunting were not the reason provided to us by said founders, They are terms coined by those who wish to take away the rights of our fellow Americans, so they shouldn't be used to justify our rights.

With that said, I don't support the anti gun movements right to free speech.

[edit on 19-5-2007 by C0le]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

With that said, I don't support the anti gun movements right to free speech.

Your right, of course. You can't have it both ways. If you are against the rights protected by the constitution then you shouldn't cry foul play when the rights are denied to you.

Sporting purposes and hunting were not the reason provided to us by said founders, They are terms coined by those who wish to take away the rights of our fellow Americans, so they shouldn't be used to justify our rights.

I am aware of the reasons for the 2nd Amendment and what purpose the Founding Fathers had in mind for it, I was simply trying to open a dialogue and educate those who think that a high capacity semi automatic rifle (or "Assault Rifle" if you are into sensationalist news stories and movies) only serves to kill.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I'm even furtherr ahead of the curve because I don't own a gun so I'm already at the total ban stage in my living room.

People who panic when politicians look at gun laws are merely demonstrating that they lack the level-headedness to be responsible gun owners anyway. Actually "responsible gun owner" is a bit of an oxymoron.

Planeman and others,

There is something very immoral about a Government who will trust me with a weapon or weapons system to take care of their dirty laundry, political mistakes or greed..but not trust me to own a weapon for my purposes.
This is a very questionable government mindset.

As if government or government ethic/moral is the highest standard in the world.

I own an AR...I dont go around shooting people....Imagine that??
Several types of rifles and handguns too.

So what is to say that I should buy into the automatic default setting that government has my best intrest in mind.....ever!!!???
Why should I ever trust government with any of my private buisness in mind?? Especially when considering the long history of government sponsored shenanigans??

To illustrate how stupid a government can be ...government social thinkers especially...I handle nuclear fuel rods for a living...including disassembly in a wet pit.

I can be trusted with a nuclear fuel rod but not a firearm. YOu have to go to public school to be educated in such stupidity. Only a government can be this naturally and giftedly stupid.

public education=television education = emotional education =fear tactics for votes.

I have no problem with people freely choosing not to own a firearm or any other propertys..autos ...furniture...clothes..etc etc. No problem with me here.

I just dont go along with this view of not owning a firearm being the high moral ground.

IF one chooses not to own that is their buisness..I find no fault with this.
I do find fault in critiquing or implying that others are imbalanced/irresponsible becasue they choose to own.

We are not continentals here in our mindset. We are not subjects though it is the mindeset of much of the body politic to make us so.
We Yanks are not intrested in the European models of social engineering.
Including limiting or eliminating the ownership of private propertys.

Heres to ya Nicotine1982. Orangetom tips his hat. You too Cole.

THanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join