It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Video: "Chromakey Assassins"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Okay, so I'm wandering through the How To/DIY section of Youtube and come across this video:

www.youtube.com...

Now, the video basically argues that all of the shots we saw of 9/11 were all done with digital compositing. This includes helicopter shots, eyewitness reports, and actual footage of the towers falling. Not to mention it is implied that CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, FOX, and anyone else all coordinated using this footage.

I'm by no means a digital compositing expert, but I have been educated in it with a quite advance video editing system. Please tell me that I'm not the only person who thinks the authors of this video are:

A. Out of their element
B. Do not understand what they are actually trying to prove
C. Are using weak examples to back up their argument
D. Don't bother to educate the viewer on depth perception and how different planes of view (foreground, background) react differently when being viewed

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this is mind blowing, but to me this seems like amateur hour. Things like this make legit and educated skeptics seem silly.

[edit on 12-5-2007 by The Big O]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
these guys are SERIOUSLY gone!!!! OUT THERE!!!! So in their minds the people standing on the streets and "WITNESSING" the second plane hit are all full of it? And the firefighters who watched the first plane hit are liars to then right? It amazes me the level of idiocy that can come from people. And it's as if they are trying to prove the towers DIDN'T collapse...which makes me just think whatever they are smoking..they need to be cut off!

And as for their bridge theory near the end...only one thing to say about that...they should visit that bridge...climb onto the side..and JUMP!

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Ok i watched this video and for the most part i disagree with its views EXCEPT for the first part about the tower moving off to the left - that is really weird. But why would anyone want to fake that shot anyway ?

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with any of the video's. I think one of the ATS experts in imagery and film should once and for all debunk this nonsense. Even the moving to the left, is the dust cloud that was very violent move toward the left.

This reminds me of that idea that Kennedy was shot by his driver, and it looks like that when you view it, but upon further looking it was just an illusion.

Illusion's happen. I know numerous people who do film, NONE of them support this nonsense.

These guys are part of a DISINFORMATION CAMPAIGN to discredit the truth movement or the search for truth.

They are not "OUT THERE", they are doing what they are 'paid' to do. To get people to think 9/11 truth people are NUT JOBS. To confuse the pot. Its a simple as that.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Honestly! This guy's whole 'case' revolves around a BFF (Big Fat Finger)? On the off-chance that the guy who posted that video trolls through ATS, I can easily explain what he thinks is proof. Notice the walloping great pixilation when the video is fast-forwarded. Notice that the self-same pixilation happens to the whole image (which includes the buildings to either side of the image as well as to the falling WTC. That is a sterling example of a tape-operator pressing either the fast-forward button or the shuttle knob on the VTR playing the image back and, because the format is digital, you get those blocks in FF. No chromakey; just a bit of operator error while under pressure.

And, judging from the size of the blockiness, I'll guess that the format that they were playing that image back from was DV. DigiBeta would give smaller pixelation artifacts.

I want the 10-minutes of my life back wasted by watching such a patently absurd POS.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thank God...I'm not the only one who thought this video was full of it. I mean, there is just way too much amateur video that shows all the same stuff the networks did.

I don't disagree that we might have known more about 9/11 than we won't to admit. I wont disagree hat the federal response was lackluster. I won't disagree that it is possible that it could have been stopped and we didn't take the opportunity (for whatever reason). But I won't dig that the whole thing we saw on TV was some real time exhibition in amazing digital compositing techniques.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insolubrious
But why would anyone want to fake that shot anyway ?

Does it matter?

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And, while not dismissing the possibility, this sort of #e's just a wank on someone's part to drive eyeballs to a YouTube video. This is what happens when someone has too much gear, too much time and not enough knowledge

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killtown

Originally posted by Insolubrious
But why would anyone want to fake that shot anyway ?

Does it matter?

Come on! Even for you, that's an obtuse question!

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Why?

```````````````````````
trimmed triple nested quote

[edit on 12/5/07 by masqua]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killtown
Why?

Because obviously, somebody who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about wants to create some 'proof' of something. The only thing proved by the video is that the person who posted it on YouTube will clutch at any straw, even if it ends up making him and anyone who believes as he does look like twits.

Even you should've been able to recognise that. Or maybe not.
``````````````````````````
trimmed quadruple nested quote

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Why?

Because obviously, somebody who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about wants to create some 'proof' of something. The only thing proved by the video is that the person who posted it on YouTube will clutch at any straw, even if it ends up making him and anyone who believes as he does look like twits.

Even you should've been able to recognise that. Or maybe not.
why that didn't answer my question, but thanks for the ad-hom attacks.

```````````````````````
Trimmed quintuple nested quote

Please read ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Dear , Dear, Dear me...
This is bad with a capital B! I've not seen such a load of excrement since I last changed my sons nappy! Using very badly pulled mattes as some sort of proof is most definately not going to convince anyone. There's a lot of times they give the impression that something is added to a frame such as the golfer at 9mins 58 secs. When in fact THEY have pulled that guy out themselves (very badly I may add, proving they haven't got a clue how to use compositing software...)

Plus there's a bit more to compositing that 'pasting in the background you want' (their words, not mine by the way). By all means its possible, but without proper color matching your onto a loser.

I'm personally calling this an intentional misdirection to be honest. No one with half a brain, who even vaugley knows about compositing would produce such a video. So why have they produced what I personaly say is a fake?

Well we now live in the YouTube generation, where alot of youngsters and not so young want to be the next big thing on youtube etc.. yeah, there could be other reasons as well, but sometimes the most obvious solution is the best one.

What this guy is saying to put it in plain terms is that every 3d / FX guy and compositor in the world who saw 911 on tv didn't see any of these 'give way signs' after dealing with stuff like that every day of their working lives. Yet magically these guys do? Wow theres a coincidence eh?

I don't have an opinion either way on 911 to be honest, yeah some things about it do smell a bit fishy to me, but I'm not about to jump to any conclusions.

Anyway thats my oppinion for what its worth, fel freeto take it or leave it.

Wayne...

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
They'd have to have quite a large green screen to capture the whole of New York :|

Plus I trust the testimony of thousands of people over a few armchair experts.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
here we are once again . minute after minute , hour after hour , day
after day and so on and so on .. everyday it's the same old waste of space
bs looking for some non-exsistant 911 " smoking gun " .... and it's always the same thing , fake cnn footage , holograms , missle's or the jews ! just
stop and listen to yourselfs for just 1 minute ! it's rediculous , its stupid and
its WRONG ! there's no smoking gun because theres not one . belly-up and
accept the fact 19 zelots did it and your government was lax !

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gen.disaray
...or the jews !

LOL! Oh man, I haven't heard that one in at least a year or two. Had a guy literally tell me, "Well, I know this guy, and he's Jewish, and he said that his uncle, who worked in tower two, got a mysterious call the day before telling him not to go to work. So he didn't. You know what, they don't have a single dead Jew. Not a one. So, that's something right there isn't it?"

I just patted the guy on the top of the head gently and walked away.

The Jews. HA HA HA HA HA!

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLazy
Plus I trust the testimony of thousands of people

Link?

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
When was a link ever proof of what is said on the Internet?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Bah...the guy is either not allowing any more of my comments on his video, or he hasn't checked his inbox in a while. Either way, my retort to his follow up comment on my original comment wasn't posted. Comments that have to be "approved" before they post just scream that the person is protecting his argument from legit criticism.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gen.disaray
here we are once again . minute after minute , hour after hour , day
after day and so on and so on .. everyday it's the same old waste of space
bs looking for some non-exsistant 911 " smoking gun "

If it's such a waste of time for you, why are you here? Shouldn't you be wasting your time somewhere else? I say good day to you then and let the rest of us use our time in the way we see fit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join