It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Met Someone possibly "in the know" and Started Asking Questions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I recently met and spoke to someone who is currenlty military. I was shown the I.D. and when I found out the branch they're in and the base where they work, I just couldn't help but ask a couple of questions.

He simply smiled at me and didn't say anything about the questions that I asked. I invited him to join us here at ATS, of course he declined, for the obvious reasons.

I then mentioned Area 51 and Dulce NM, etc. He motioned to me, held out his hand and said I've been to some bases out there... and flipped open another I.D., I saw his picture on it and thats about it, the id card was white towards the top and yellowish ( I think ) on the bottom.

He was probably just messing with me, but it's still cool.

I don't want to mention the base he works at yet, unless you guys think it's okay? He's an MP. He didn't tell me anything, so if I tell my story, we should be okay, right?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We should be more than okay!

Sounds interesting. I don't think it would harm anything to reveal the base he works at. (Although what would it really help?)

So you didn't really get anything out of him eh?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Okay.

He's an MP (military policeman) at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton OH.

We were playing poker and introduced ourselves, a little while later I asked what he did for a living and he told me.

I laughed and said Oh really, do I have some questions for you.

1. What is really in Hangar 18 or better yet, under it? He thought that was funny and said he'd like to know.

2. I told him that I was a member of a conspiracy web site and that he should come join us, we'd be nice to him. He declined.

3. I asked him if he'd ever heard that there's an underground base in Dulce NM. He said no, but he's been to a "few places" in Mexico and Nevada on "business" and thats when he flashed the I.D.

4. I asked his opinion on Area 51, whats there. He said "his opinion" is that it's all military research on top secret aircraft.

5. I asked him if he could take me on a tour of Wright Patterson. Again more chuckles and he really didn't answer me.

So thats it, I thought I might be on to something. He's a new guy in the Poker League that I'm in, so I'll see him a couple times a week, who knows, he might "loosen up" someday.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Usually I don't believe this kind of story, but for some reason this time I do. I think he's probably telling the truth, but it sounds like he probably doesn't know the kind of stuff we on ATS really want to know. Who knows, he might have something interesting to say, though?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thanks DD....

I hope everyone beleives me, I mean I'm not saying anything extraordinary here... just telling my experience.

Yeah, it's not much, but it was nice talking with him.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have been to Writt-Patt a few times and I hear rumors of people who have jobs there that our secret and underground. That's the most I've heard out of Air Force people. What was the MPs rank and how long has he been in? I, too am an MP and his rank and how long he's been in would help his credibility should he ever say anything. Thanks

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I didn't ask his rank, but he mentioned being in for his second "tour", so I assume between 4 and 8 years.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I didn't ask his rank, but he mentioned being in for his second "tour", so I assume between 4 and 8 years.

Though you might think it would be cool if he 'opened' up, I think you should be very up front with him and always ask if it's OK for you to post anything he tells you.

You don't want to get him in trouble.

There are probably lots of things he could say without getting in trouble, but that might be interesting to ATS.

For instance you might ask 'Have you ever seen anything you couldn't explain, like paranormal'. He might be able to answer 'yes', but not what it was if it's classified. I don't think just saying 'yes' would be considered improper or illegal.

Again, be sure you ask explicitly if it's ok to post anything. That might even allow him to trust you more.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Yeah. This is all very interesting to me. The stories don't have to be fascinating to be fascinating (if you get my drift
).

I would say eventually he will loosen up a little more. Just don't get too pressing or start to grill him or anything. That might not work!

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
thanks for the tips and advice guys, yeah I plan on playing this "cool".

I should be seeing him tonight, if he shows up for cards.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

thanks for the tips and advice guys, yeah I plan on playing this "cool".

I should be seeing him tonight, if he shows up for cards.

Maybe you guys should let him win tonight. That might loosen him up a little!

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
A friend of mine's Brother worked at WPAFB for years. He was a civilian but was probably one of the highest civilian workers there. When he retired a few years ago, Donald Rumsfeld flew in for his retirement ceremony. From what I was told it was similar to a high ranking military official retirement ceremony.

I bugged my frined to ask his Brother about all of the theories and secrets of WPAFB. My friend asked his Brother and shortly thereafter told me that he wished he never asked. The reason is because his Brother said "Don't you ever, ever ask me about that stuff again". I know that's not going to impress anybody but his Brother is usually very down to earth and level headed. My friend said he rarely saw his Brother get that upset. Just thought I could add that to this thread about WPAFB.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You said this guy is in the know.... But knows nothing.
Every question you asked him he replied with nothing, don't know, military craft being tested.....see the pattern here?

Maybe, just maybe he is one of the hundreds of thousands of people who work in the army that knows nothing about ANY alien/UFO activity?

In any case, he now knows what type of person you are, and he also knows what your interest(s) are. Unless you both become big time buddies, he's not going to give you a sausage. And why would he risk his career giving you information/evidence when he probably knows full well that it will get posted here?

I wouldn't hold your breath elevatedone, but good luck anyway

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I'm not in the military, but many of my friends and family are. I have never heard any of them speak of "tours" in that fashion, only when discussing being deployed overseas, i.e. a "tour" in Iraq. When someone speaks like that they generally use language such as I just "re-upped", "renewed my contract" etc.

Any active duty hear that type of language? USAFSF, you're on this thread what do you think?

I'm not saying you are lying, I'm saying he might be over inflating his importance. Some servicemen (my family members included!) really exagerrate their position when speaking to civilians. For instance, my friend who is a VBSS Officer aboard a DDG in the Navy will often compare his work to what SEALs do, as a practical joke on people who don't know what his job entails.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moserious

The reason is because his Brother said "Don't you ever, ever ask me about that stuff again". I know that's not going to impress anybody but his Brother is usually very down to earth and level headed. My friend said he rarely saw his Brother get that upset. Just thought I could add that to this thread about WPAFB.

Actually that speaks volumes to me as I know a guy that was in encryption. Any time he would start to tell a story no matter how mundane it may seem I always excused my self before he really begain. You see he was required to attend quarterly debriefings for the rest of his life and that included detailing every name of every person he talked to in past three months and anything he may have mentioned that might remotely be of a secure nature.

I find it best to remain off as many lists repeatively as possible. Once or twice on an NSA, DEA, Secret Service, FBI, CIA report is no big deal. You get a file of course. But call it strong belief that you are still considered alright unless one file starts getting a little thicker than others.

Given that Rummy came in for the retirement party, I would be a bit heavy handed to protect family and friends if I was involved with some big things as well.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
For the record.... the title of this thread does state "Possibly".

Re-up, Tour, etc... it's all the same to me, but I get where you're coming from.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
In my opinion, I highly doubt that this MP would "be in the know". I served in the U.S. Marine Corps and also held a Top Secret security clearance, b ut just because you have a clearance doesn't mean that the government is going to let you go looking through files. You are only allowed access to information that pertains to your duties. Chances are, if he was near anything secret at all he would'nt have been anymore informed than told to just stand there and guard his post.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It's called "compartmentalization". (sp)

He guards stuff. What stuff ? He doesn't know.
He just guards it. Like his orders tell him too.

If he expounds on information, he's either a traitor or a liar.

My 2 cent,
Lex

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Why would MP know anything anyways? All they do is go after those have broken the law in the military. I dont see them knowing anything unless they have very high ranks, which I doubt your friend does.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I dont mean to be rude but I think the reason he keeps on laughing and not saying anything is because he thinks your crazy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join