It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instant noodles, McDonald's 'most-hated' by Brits--poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Instant noodles, McDonald's 'most-hated' by Brits--poll

newsinfo.inquirer.net

LONDON -- Pot Noodle, a popular brand of instant noodles and McDonald's are Britain's two "most-hated" brands, according to a survey released Tuesday, while Internet search giant Google and mobile phone manufacturer Nokia top the "best-loved" list.

Following Unilever-owned Pot Noodle and the American fast-food conglomerate on the "most-hated" list were Internet service provider AOL and Sunny Delight, a Procter and Gamble-owned drink brand.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Some are hated and some are loved. I wonder about the criteria for choosing. Coca cola is one of the best loved yet McDonalds is one of the most hated. Hmmm, I can't quite understand.

Actually, I don't mind instant noodles.

newsinfo.inquirer.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-5-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If you're going to eat a burger, at least go for something decent like Triple O's.

I can do without the 125% of my daily requirement of salt that the average instant noodles provides. I frequently shop at a Chinese grocery and they have 5,000 brands of instant noodle piled to the ceiling, but on very rare occasions you can find something below 30% salt, but they push it because nobody will buy it, then it's gone for a while again.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Actually this survey heightens my respect for the British people. Nutritional I've always found them a bit behind.

But as for McDonald I think it is the common and global association with imperialism, American superiority (some do think a big mac is super) and enviromental issues.

IMO anyone going for big mac must be an ignorant. Like anyone over 30 who walks into a Mc Donald will fell like an idiot.

I doubt though this survey of some 4000+ people had a composition actually reflecting that of the British people.

top topics

join