It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Armstrong sleep well at night?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I just watched "A funny thing happened on the way to the moon"(again)
Compelling stuff as always.

But I have to wonder about Neil Armstrong, the secrets this man may hide must be enormous. If he's lying how he lives with himself
ill never know. Yet if he's telling the truth surely there's a way of proving to the public that they did go once and for all. Its meant to be America's most pioneering moment yet they can't comprehensively prove it without doubt. That doesn't make any sense. Especially with today's technology.

This man is up there in the top five most famous person list of all time, yet he shirks the limelight when in reality he should be courting it.
He chose to go there(the moon), so he should have been prepared to accept what would come after being involved with such a monumental moment in history.

If he walked past me in the street im ashamed to say I probably wouldn't know who he was.

This man is meant to be an American hero yet he is so shrouded in myth, its almost as if the ideology of what he done/represents outweighs the actual person who supposedly risked his life for the good of mankind.

I know this topic has been done ad nauseum, but I think that Armstrong's reluctance to do any interviews beside staged conferences with set questions speaks volumes.

I could also be talking complete $%£"!
But it is a sunday afternoon!

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Why should his reluctance to do interviews "speak volumes", staged or otherwise?

Perhas all he wants to do is go on living His life, His way ... with no interest in courting any limelight or publicity. I don't feel he's obligated to put his life under the media microscope regardless of who he is or what he's accomplished.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
[quote of entire previous post removed]

Im sorry but he has a right to. He was the first person on the moon, why wouldn't he want to travel the world telling people his amazing story? After all, the American public paid for him to go.

Is it because a good interviewer could catch him out?

[edit on 6-5-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

Edn

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
By proof i'm guessing most people would want them to invest in a multi million dollar project to send a new more advanced mapping satellite to the moon such as the ones they have are Mars.

Theres a few problems with this, first off if I were the guy in charge I wouldn't be sending a new satellite to the Moon just to please you nut jot jobs(im pretty sure that how some of them would see you) who said we didn't go there, even if we did send a satellite to the Moon you would declare any photos from it as fake anyway so whats the point.

Second NASA (As well as the ESA but mainly NASA) are forced in specific directions by the public and government, if NASA had the freedom to do what they want I doubt very much that there would be any project in the works to send a man to Mars, that whole thing is simply to keep public interest in the organization so the government doesn't reduce there funding. satellite/robot exploration is far more cost effective, and returns for better results than any maned mission to date. My point with this one is, there isn't any interest to send many satellite's to the moon, let along photograph the landing sites so its not a priority for NASA.

So in the end no one cares. No one at NASA, no one at the ESA, no one from the Russian or Chinese space agency's care or not if they went to the moon, if, when one of the countries ever go back there (probably China/Prussia) then they might go have a look, but untill then people are more interested in Mars and beyond.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I never said it didn't happen edn, just thought that Armstrong's reluctance
to do a proper interview on TV or whatever is a bit strange considering the hugeness of the event.

IF they didn't go, the fact that any attempt to care/prove it by those involved hasn't been made is hardly surprising is it?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
He may have the right to, but that doesn't mean he should be Obligated to. Now if you're saying "he has a right to" as in he should have to, then I disagree completely.

He did his job and completed his missions, who "paid" for that is irrelevant. Having done so, he's under No obligation to you, me, or anyone else.

I think I understand where you're coming from in that you would think he'd Want to, but in the end that's his choice and his alone.

Considering the encounters with the likes of "swear on this Bible" and such, I actually don't blame him one bit for choosing not, or at least for choosing where, when and with whom.

?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
surely there's a way of proving to the public that they did go once and for all.

Nearly everyone knows that the lunar trips were real. For the American public there is no need to 'prove once and for all' because for almost all of us, it has been proven just fine. Frankly, it's up to those few people who disbelieve that we went to the moon to prove that it was fake. And so far, the 'evidence' of a fake is flimsy at best.

he shirks the limelight when in reality he should be courting it.

Says you.

Eveyrone has different personalities. His doesn't seek fame or glory. He's humble. Obviously you do seek glory, eh?

Look - there are MANY reasons besides his personality that could be why he isn't running around the country looking for fame.

1 - He's secure in himself and with life. He has no need of adoration from people.

2 - Look at celebrities and what America thinks of most of them. They are laughed at and thought poorly of. We watch their lives like they are train wrecks. WHY would anyone choose to live life like that when what he has now is so much better?

3 - There are many loons in this country who would love to 'whack' a celeb and/or hero. Low profile helps not to be a target.

4 - His space trips were many, many years ago. There are new heroes and new astronauts who are 'up' on the latest stuff. THEY can carry the torch. No need for him to.

5 - The guy did his job and he wants to be left alone to live life.

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Considering the encounters with the likes of "swear on this Bible" and such, I actually don't blame him one bit for choosing not, or at least for choosing where, when and with whom.

AMEN to that!!

[edit on 5/6/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Andrew Smith's excellent book 'Moondust' interviews the last remaing 9 men to have walked on the moon,in it Neil Armstrong comes off as a deeply private man yet very proud of his country's acheivements and firmly convinced of the importance of space exploration to humankind.
Its a truly great read and explores all the astronauts feelings as they stood on the moon and observed the earth in the sky.
Buzz Aldrins got some great anecdotes and theres some realy funny bits in it as well.
I know its early but ask Santa for it for Christmas.
Cheers Karl

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
He must be aware of what some people think of him, or that some doubt what he did. wouldn't he want to make it certain to people that he is in fact a American hero and just not a puppet for NASA?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm not asking him to appear on Letterman or on the front of OK! or go on celebrity big brother.
Just a proper Q&A with no restrictions and no limits on what questions you are allowed to ask.

Ill bet that will never happen. Or it wouldn't be allowed

I'm not saying the moon landings didn't happen, just the privacy of Armstrong and most of the astronauts in general is astounding.

Its as if we're not worthy of their time or something.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

[Im sorry but he has a right to.

You are right!!!!! As you put he has the right to be a private person and not grant interviews or take questions. He has earned that right. I could not agree with you more

He was the first person on the moon, why wouldn't he want to travel the world telling people his amazing story?

Yes he was, and in case you have not noticed, he has told his story again and again and again

After all, the American public paid for him to go.

Try this line on a cop "Don't give me a ticket, I pay your salary"

Just because he risked his life and was payed little to nothing to do so, soes not mean you or I, or anybody owns him. Just because every fringe theorist or loon want face time with him does not mean he is obligated to do so eh?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I just watched "A funny thing happened on the way to the moon"(again)
Compelling stuff as always.

But I have to wonder about Neil Armstrong, the secrets this man may hide must be enormous. If he's lying how he lives with himself
ill never know. Yet if he's telling the truth surely there's a way of proving to the public that they did go once and for all. Its meant to be America's most pioneering moment yet they can't comprehensively prove it without doubt. That doesn't make any sense. Especially with today's technology.

What would you consider proof without doubt?
When you're shown photographs, you contend that they're faked.
When you see video, you contend that it was staged.
When one of the men who've 'been there and done that' say that they went there, and did that, you claim that they're all part of the cover-up / disinfo campaign.

Oh, yeah...I forgot to insert the obligatory disclaimer:

The word "you" and its derivations in the above text is not a singular, personal reference to the original poster, but a generic pronoun used to reference the 'Moon Landing Hoax' crowd. No personal attacks are intended or implied.

This man is up there in the top five most famous person list of all time, yet he shirks the limelight when in reality he should be courting it.
He chose to go there(the moon), so he should have been prepared to accept what would come after being involved with such a monumental moment in history.

Who are you (for that matter, who am I) to tell someone how to live their lives? Sorry, that's far above my pay grade. If Mr. Armstrong is content to have his name in the history books, and leave it at that, it's his choice, and we should respect it. If he chose to hype his 'first man on the moon!' status for personal gain, I could understand that, too...but it's not for me to determine his path. I have enough trouble navigating my own.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There are very, very easy ways to put all these questions to rest. Quite simply, NASA should allow the people to see all related documents and images in their unmodified form. Simple. If they went, let us see everything associated.

The failure to do so shows that either something is stinky with the trip, or something was found on the way.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
OK, where has he done interviews "Again and again" fredt? could you give a link to ONE?

brother storm, I never demanded once that he should try to be in the public limelight, I just wondered why he hadn't that's all. Thanks for telling me what I think anyway.

I did however, say that I would like to see a proper in-depth interview by a good interviewer who asks questions for both sides of the argument in a calm and intelligent manner. I didn't say for him to be grilled by conspiracy terrorists.

The whole thing is suspicious no matter what you say. The landing is shrouded in mystery and the mere fact that it IS a conspiracy theory (and conspiracy theories are what makes this site) its kinda strange that im being looked upon as a idiot for even bringing up Armstrong's alleged motives

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

...This man is up there in the top five most famous person list of all time, yet he shirks the limelight when in reality he should be courting it...

Why should he be courting it? Please explain.

Some people are have enough self-confidence and satisfaction with themselves they do not need any publicity to prop up their own ego. There are actually millions of people around the world who do not seek fame and celebrity status. Why should Armstrong be denied this right?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

... its kinda strange that im being looked upon as a idiot for even bringing up Armstrong's alleged motives

I haven't seen anyone doing that. (?) ... just fellow members responding with their opinions, questions and queries.

Personally, I think the "trend" of responses may be more a result of "how" certain parts of your initial post were worded ... though I could be wrong.

[edit: twocents image url]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

... its kinda strange that im being looked upon as a idiot for even bringing up Armstrong's alleged motives

I haven't seen anyone doing that. (?) ... just fellow members responding with their opinions, questions and queries.

Personally, I think the "trend" of responses may be more a result of "how" certain parts of your initial post were worded ... though I could be wrong.

[edit: twocents image url]

I think I worded it reasonably, I just wondered how one of the most famous people of all time, who has done what no other human being has done, is not expected to do an interview from time to time.

How come, by the way, we haven't seen ONE picture or video of the landing pad, rover et all that has been left behind? It can't be hard to do surely? NASA, USAF or whoever has the information could settle the whole debate once and for all. But of course they don't and probably never will.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

He must be aware of what some people think of him, or that some doubt what he did. wouldn't he want to make it certain to people that he is in fact a American hero and just not a puppet for NASA?

Do you think he is so insecure that he needs to strive for everyones acceptance? High achievement people are not the insecure type.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

... I just wondered how one of the most famous people of all time, who has done what no other human being has done, is not expected to do an interview from time to time.

"expected to" ... Why?

He accomplished the work/missions he was tasked with and paid to peform. What he does after that, on his "Miller Time" if you will, is entirely up to him. He has done interviews, he has put forth his experiences to the best of his recollection/knowledge, however limited by non-disclosure agreements ... but he has.

How come, by the way, we haven't seen ONE picture or video of the landing pad, rover et all that has been left behind? It can't be hard to do surely? NASA, USAF or whoever has the information could settle the whole debate once and for all. But of course they don't and probably never will.

I, personally, don't have a definitive answer for that though I'm sure someone here may. Even so, why should the lack thereof rest on the shoulders of him or any other astronaut that's been on a moon mission? They're just people doing a job, as are we all, accomplishing that which we're tasked with.

Sure. I wish any or all involved with similar projects, missions, etc. would take a more open and transparent approach to relaying their experiences, but I certainly don't think they should feel obligated nor required to do so. By who? You? Me? The masses?

video.google.com...

The second, fourth and fifth would be good for starters .. though there are others as well.

Basically,
I just disagree with the notion that they should be/feel compelled, obligated, or required to go under the media microscope.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
FlyersFan wrote: "Nearly everyone knows that the lunar trips were real..."

I'd like it to be case closed, but I also think that's why we're here at ATS to suppose some conspiracies.
I'm not sure or convinced the landings of maned moon missions occured.
The radiation belt
The video of apparent vid set-ups
The shadows of the astronauts, and
The lack of dust around the lunar lander after serious down thrust to land.

Those are my reasons for wondering. I hope I'm absolutely wrong.

Dallas

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join