It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge sues cleaner for $65M over pants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Judge sues cleaner for $65M over pants

news.yahoo.com

For the past two years, however, they've been dealing with the nightmare of litigation: a $65 million lawsuit over a pair of missing pants....According to court documents, the problem began in May 2005 when Pearson became a judge and brought several suits for alteration to Custom Cleaners in Northeast Washington, a place he patronized regularly despite previous disagreements with the Chungs. A pair of pants from one suit was not ready when he requested it two days later, ....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Now talk about ridicules lawsuit. I can’t believe its been in court going on two years now. Destroying these people’s lives. I’m sure that the only reason it is still in court is because he’s a judge himself. I take it the current judge don’t want to go against him.

Enough is Enough. I say this plaintiff OWES the defendants all legal money and missed work money from over this. What a rude man. What a piece of crap-- to do this to their lives. I don’t know who he thinks he is. I would of slapped the crap out of him a year ago. Ok, I’m just mad.

I can’t stand people like him. How is this still in the court system. GRRR,

I mean they even found his pants. Pants for crying out loud. I can’t believe this. Then, they offered $3,000.00 then $4,600.00 then $12,000.00 for a pair of pants that went with a suit a little over $1000.00.

Sound’s like he wants these good people to set him and his grandchildren up for the rest of their life.

$65,000 MILLION DOLLARS is way too much for a pair of pants.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Does no one find it weird that a judge is suing for $65,000 million dollars. Has been carrying this lawsuit out for 2 years now.

Ruining this families life so bad that their thinking of going back to South Korea. It says, “a place he patronized regularly despite previous disagreements with the Chungs.”

I think that the judge is a prejudice person and he is trying to make their life as miserable as possible.

This case should have been thrown out of court 2 years ago.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Oh, I agree with you Shar. Judges hate frivolous lawsuits, so why is this one filing one? He of all people should know that the law is for making you whole, not paying you off beyond your wildest dreams.

It's pants. What, were they made from the Golden Fleece? Or the Mona Lisa? Then I can see $65M but not for a pair of Haggars or Dockers.

Sheesh.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yeah, I am totally shocked that this has gone 2 years in the court so far.

Why has this current judge not threw this out?

Talk about a messed up court system.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
That judge should be ashamed of himself...65 million I ay give him the depreciated value of his pants and let him go on his way...He should be disbarred..The reason it has come this far is b/c he is a judge..Let me try to do some mess like that..the judge would laugh in my face and i wouldnt get a dime

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Aha. the reason for why the judge is suing for so much money was just on the news. Some of it is fines, some of it is replacing the pants, but most of it is $1500 a day for not making the problem right, which is allowable under local commerce laws.

But still, gimme a break, your dis-Honor. :shk:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think another is 10,000 a day(or a week) so that he can go to another dry cleaners

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
How utterly ridiculous.

Not just the judge whos pants they were but the judge who is dealing with the case. They should both be barred from law and sent to China

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Something needs to be seriously done here. This is just plain out wrong. I think this judge owes them any and all money they have lost over this as well as an apology. This judge is so pathetic. He’s a loser and wants this family to support him.

Someone, throw this out of court already. Case Closed

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
the good old american dream :shk:
sue anyone that you have a problem with.

if i was the judge over seeing this i would fine the judge and get him to pay the dry cleaners for wasting their time and the time of the court

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
bodrul,

I totally agree with you.

I don't understand why it's been 2 years in court. I think this judge is prejudice against these folks and he's trying to run them out of the country.

At the same time he want's them to supply his retirement for him.

How pathetic!!!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
How Ironic, that he wants to "take 'em to the cleaners".

I saw a reporter try to interview the judge, he would not talk at all.
I read another report that the owners of the cleaners are really torn up about this. Really worried about their business.
Stuff happens sometimes, and of all people, a judge should know this.

I hope the community takes all their dirty laundry to this place, and gives them really large tips.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
spacedoubt,

Yes, stuff happens. Normal folks you, I and most people would of been happy for our pants back.

Why in the world has this gone on so long. NO pants in this world is worth $65 MILLION. NONE!!!!

Something needs to be done to both of these judges here. Grrr.

The Chungs must not have a decent lawyer at all.

This case needs badly to get thrown out of the court already. With him paying the Chungs back all money they have spent on this.

It is NOT THE CHUNGS PLACE TO PAY FOR HIM A LAVISH RETIREMENT!!!

top topics

join