It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Students Killed: Kent State University Tape, 'Get set! Point! Fire!'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

4 Students Killed: Kent State University Tape, 'Get set! Point! Fire!'

www.cnn.com

A static-filled recording of the 1970 Kent State University shooting that killed four students raises questions not only about whether someone called on National Guardsmen to fire, but also who might have given the order.

The tape was released Tuesday by Alan Canfora, 58, one of nine students wounded in the 1970 shootings.

"Right here! Get Set! Point! Fire!"
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-5-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
New tape released, previously unreleased to the public regarding the Kent State Shooting.

Here's the clip, watch and listen:

"Right here! Get Set! Point! Fire!"(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Provided that its real...it would seem that someone needs to hang. To say that authentication is neccessary would be an understatement.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This was found in the archives (FOI Act?) and reported on CNN, Yahoo news, BBC etc so it certainly seems authentic. The volume needs to be turned up to actually hear the ready set fire command...

Its really amazing what gets covered up, either in the past or in the present. This just goes to show that sometimes conspiracies are real that organizations will cover things up as a case of self preservation or other agendas.

The national guard original story was that the soldiers 'panicked' and no actual order was ever given. Its also interesting that IF the National guard told the truth or a proper investigation was ever done and the truth revealed, how would that have changed history back then i the 70's? What might have happened differently? This was May 4, 1070, so perhaps would the Vietnam war have ended years sooner?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I started a thread on this already; you can find it here . Thanks

[edit on 5/2/2007 by Stormrider]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Dah goes to show you how effective the ATS search is...searched for kent state tape and got nada.

Thanks for the heads-up

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yeah, it took a couple of listens but its there...I'm sure more than one organization is looking at it. I'm more of the mind that I don't want it to be true, rather than its not. If you know what I mean.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It's true, its was found in the Yale archives. Also wikipedia has been updated (for all thats worth)...

en.wikipedia.org...

On May 1, 2007, various news agencies reported the claim of a former student who was injured in the shooting to have uncovered new evidence that the guardsmen were ordered to fire upon the crowd. Terry Strubbe, a student who lived in a dormitory overlooking the anti-war rally site, placed a microphone at a windowsill and recorded nearly 30 minutes of the event on reel-to-reel tape. He sent a copy of the tape to the FBI and kept a copy in a safe deposit box. The government copy has been archived at Yale University. According to Alan Canfora, who was injured in the wrist that day by a gunshot, a voice can be heard on the tape yelling, "Right here! Get Set! Point! Fire!" before there is the 13-second volley of gunfire. Canfora said he has obtained a copy of that tape and that he plans to release it on CD. He wants the government to reopen the investigation of the 37-year-old case.[8][9]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Now I guess the remaining question is who, and why? As I recall, and I wasn't but 6 years old, so my recollections are worth exactly zero. But it was a peaceful demonstration, unlike so many of them. There was no call for the NG to open fire.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Mostly peaceful, some debate on demostrators violence etc, but to use excessive force is unjustified. I don't know the precedent for re-opening a case like this is, but it should be re-investigated.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This thread already exists here on ATS and can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post your thoughts and comments in the existing thread

Thanks

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
first blood-- Kent State. backlash was imspiring.....
second line...
>?> where are they gonna draw second blood
forth line...

top topics

join