It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn on Cnn right now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Here in a minute will be live from California. Police using Batons and rubber bullents against the crowds there.

Here in Los Angeles, we have been out in the streets all day, where thousands of protesters marched for immigration reform. Just minutes ago, things apparently turned ugly. You're seeing the video as we are seeing it for the first time. Police began firing rubber bullets to disperse the crowd, we're told. Some protesters were hit. We do not know exactly the circumstances around that. We are trying to find out.

transcripts.cnn.com...

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Shar]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
watching CNN not seeing anything??

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Give it time. They keep breaking in showing it.

Talking about stupid stuff then showing the Breaking News, and the officers using batons and rubber bullets and people running everywhere.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You got to be joking. Are they not going to show what they said or not.

AC said, waiting on speech from the chief of police there. OH I could scream at the news.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I saw it...they shot like one illegal alien with a rubber bullet.

Unfortunately they didn't round them all up and deport them to Mexico

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Oh good, you saw it. Yeah.

Thought, it was only for me to see for a second there.

The news drives me nuts. That was new's thats what should of been on. Not this stupid stuff. Grrr....

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
They shot a person with a rubber bullet ? Are you kidding me ?
That is not news.... Thats hyped BS that some might call news.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It's more news than what they were showing.

A guy starting a business giving away old computers.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Should plan on watching the spanish news , itll probably show all the details. News channels in america always have the same content.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Its on

Its on right now

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It looks like its a repeat.

AC show again. So it's only going to repeat what was on earlier. Which wasn't much. However, it will show some pictures of what took place.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN ANCHOR: Good evening, everyone.

Here in Los Angeles, we have been out in the streets all day, where thousands of protesters marched for immigration reform. Just minutes ago, things apparently turned ugly. You're seeing the video as we are seeing it for the first time.

Police began firing rubber bullets to disperse the crowd, we're told. Some protesters were hit. We do not know exactly the circumstances around that. We are trying to find out.

We have a reporter, CNN's Ted Rowlands, who was on the scene when the firing began. We are going to talk to him very shortly.

Again, we understand this was an attempt to disperse a crowd. It was a small matter at the end of what has been a largely peaceful day. We're going to continue to follow this story, and get to Ted Rowlands just as quickly as we can.

transcripts.cnn.com...

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I was in the middle of another post at the time of that event. I heard something, but failed to look over my shoulder in time.

I did hear them (I do believe the TV's set on CNN) discussing the means taken to "shoot" people, of which were the rubber bullets. It was almost like they were gloating.

Deport the illegal immigrants - yes. Shoot them like animals - no.

Damn our Government.!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
Deport the illegal immigrants - yes. Shoot them like animals - no.

I completely agree... it seems that some people are just so incredibly igrnorant that they think United States citizens are the only people who are people! Or even the only people who matter. I think that if someone is going to come to the United States that they should do it through legal means, however, if they do not they are just as much of a human being as I or anyone else!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Yeah, AC said the police did not use a horn or anything like that first.

The police just started shooting. Makes no sense to me.

I was trying to find pictures to put up. Or even a video of it.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
The police just started shooting. Makes no sense to me.

What was happening in the first place? Has anyone found out what is actually happening that all of these police officers would just start firing?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
"A motorcycle officer got in an altercation with a protester" - CNN News.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Just watched the local news... A tired 15 second clip of a cameraman getting pushed down was the best they can do.

Here's the LA Times release:

Around 6 p.m., after police tried to disperse a group of demonstrators who had moved off the sidewalk into Alvarado Street, some of the few thousand participants still in the park started throwing plastic bottles and rocks at officers. Then, several dozen riot police, clad in helmets and carrying batons, started clearing the park, firing a few dozen volleys of foam bullets into the crowd.

Several people -- including 15 police officers -- were hurt, but most, if not all, of the injuries appeared to be minor. However, late Tuesday, a staff member from Telemundo's newsroom confirmed that one reporter and three camera operators from the Spanish language TV station had been injured and were taken to a hospital by police. There was also a report that a Fox 11 reporter and camera operator had been injured.

www.latimes.com...

It seems as though they (the protest organizers) are reaching for a story... Especially in light of the poor turn out.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
How sad - - how sad how the media manipulates people.

I was there during the Watt's riots - - it was very localized - - but from the Media coverage - you would have thought ALL of Los Angeles county was under siege.

Now - - they are doing the reverse by showing only one minor incident.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
funny we all thought the police where the bad ones at first huh..

illegal aliens assaulted police officers with rocks and bottles first.

But they want citizenship......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join