It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the Son of Man?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hi just thinking, perhaps idle curiousity but wondering about part in Revelations. 'Son of Man will appear in the clouds'... who is the Son of Man? It can't be JC cos he is the Son of God as per the bible.

Who is it referring to?

any ideas?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Finally, the phrase "Son of Man" also emphasizes who Jesus is in relation to His incarnation and His work of salvation. In the Old Testament (Leviticus 25:25-26, 48-49; Ruth 2:20), the next of kin (one related by blood) always functioned as the "kinsman-redeemer" of a family member who needed redemption from jail. Jesus became related to us "by blood" (that is, He became a man) so He could function as our Kinsman-Redeemer and rescue us from sin.

source

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well this in part is why I question...
If that be the case, then shouldn't the phrase be Father of Man?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
Well this in part is why I question...
If that be the case, then shouldn't the phrase be Father of Man?

Did you check out the source?

No because the "tent" of human flesh he placed himself in was the literal "Son of Man", but the other half was the father. See?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
See?

yes and no Wiseheep, could you draw me a pic?

Again, the answer is not clear, it is based on interpretation of the bible:

Author: Dr. Ron Rhodes of Reasoning from the Scriptures Ministries

I just think it is very odd that Revelations states JC pretty much all the way through, why not just say Son of God, or Jesus Christ in the clouds?

Look at Genesis, there is much debate over sons of men, sons of God... it is all cryptic...it is not clear.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I just think it is very odd that Revelations states JC pretty much all the way through, why not just say Son of God, or Jesus Christ in the clouds?

It's hard for a gentile to understand "Son of Man", because we automatically think "man" rather than "GOD". A hebrew would know the reasoning of "son of man". The gospels and Revelation use son of man to stay true to the prophets and OT.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
the phrase "son of man" generally means mankind, humanity, or mortal. It is not some special title. It is simply refering to the fact that he or she is not divine and is a human,nothing more.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

who is the Son of Man? It can't be JC cos he is the Son of God as per the bible.

Why can't He be. My Bible say's he is. You see Jesus is the Son of God as well as the Son of Man. Jesus Himself claims this fact. He’s the Son of Man because He was born of Mary. He is the Son of God because He is God’s. If your Bible has red in it. Then that show's you where Jesus is speaking. All of these verses below is Jesus speaking.

Matthew 26 KJV

24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born

45 Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

These are just a few verses of many where Jesus personally calls Himself, The Son of Man.

53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

Here it shows us how He speaks as God being His Father. Hope this helps. There is many references that He quotes such as these.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by Shar]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Who is it referring to?

any ideas?

som!

s om
o f
m an

som

new topics