It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - Solar storm peak - 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
CNN Solar Cycle

I know that this has been discussed on many different threads, but I thought ya'll would be interested in the latest -

CNN is reporting the huge number of sun spots that are expected at the end of 2011 to mid 2012 and the effect these will have on the earth. It's going to be rather costly.

2012 - solar storms, mayan calander, US Pres. Elections .. should be an interesting year.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm somewhat concerned about this as well.

I wonder if the technological communities (cell phones/satelites/etc) are not only anticipating this but can devise a means to counter-affect the effects of the solar storms.

From my understanding so far, solar storms can 'do a number' on electrical equipment.

Do we have any recourses, or have to 'wait it out' when the storm rides through?

Here's another link:

Storm cycle will likely start next March

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Solar storms can do lots of damage if they're strong enough. Knock out satellites, interfere with electronic devices here on earth, mostly i'm thinking the magnetic interference would be the most profound, but shouldn't disrupt our physiology. Animals that migrate, however, should have problems with navigation during these storms.

2012 has been hijacked, plain and simple. I've done the "Long Count" research backwards and forwards, and December 21, 2012 simply marks the end of an approximate 5,125 year cycle of the Mayan Calendar. Everyone has misunderstood this to mean it is THE END in the most dire sense of the word. Fortunately for us, December 22, 2012 will simply mark the beginning of the next Mayan calendar cycle.

new topics

join