It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Example of Disinformation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I thought i would start this thread for all those out there who are new to the scene of truth seeking, as i know how frustrating it can be when looking for answers, especially when so many are presented as truth.

Disinformation comes from two places;

-Agents who are paid to post/host this information
-Members of the public who have jumped the gun

My example i will present is a video created by a member of the public from the UK (you can tell by his accent). All his videos concern "the truth", but focusing primarily on Planet X/Nibiru, the so called 10th planet.

The original theory came from a guy called Sitchin, who misinterpreted the Summarian texts. It was supposed to flyby in 2003. Thus the theory is dead, as evidently we are still here. But this guy has changed the date to 2012, based upon something he heard to do with the Mayans. 2012 is a whole new topic, but basically he has linked two theories together.

The video - www.youtube.com...

This is a relatively easy piece to pick out. Anyone can google the things he talks about and discover very quickly that he obviously has no idea.

An example of well concieved disinfo would be "Cassiopaea". A woman basically channels thoughts from the cassiopaens, and uses this information, together with existing knowledge, to bring the truth to you. It can be only be described as a cult, and a very arrogant one at that.

Many truth seekers fall for cults or become attached to one particular source of information, it happens to all of us, part of the learning process. Once it happens you'll realise that you have to be careful of what information you disgest. You need to be brutally honest with yourself. If you have any doubts what so ever, take a step back, and analyse why you felt that doubt; Maybe you realised that a new theory your reading about has contradictions in it from another piece of info you saw somewhere else.

This is why its important to use several sources of information. The truth will rarely be found all in one place (hehe). After all, you are trying to discern the truth because you've realised that you've been decieved about reality. They know you know this, and will take every step imaginable to decieve you further. You have been indoctrinated from birth, and understanding this will help you realise just how easily you can be misled.

The meaning of life is, survival through information (IMHO). Never has so much information been available at the fingertips of mankind ever before. Bare that in mind when seeking the truth.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Nice post, but I have an observation and a question.

I've come to understand that disinfo. is used to steer the general
populace away from the truth.

I.E. The govt. has allowed UFO information "leaks" to provide a cover
for black aircraft sightings. (this is just an example, no idea if it's true)

My question is, in what way are Stitchin and Cassiopaea disinfo agents ?
What are they attempting to cover up ?

Interested,
Lex

P.S. Ok, ok...I had 2 questions.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks.

My question is, in what way are Stitchin and Cassiopaea disinfo agents ?
What are they attempting to cover up ?

Sitchin is a member of the public who jumped the gun i think, but considering the attention his theory got, one wouldnt be wrong to think he mite be a disinfo agent.

Cassiopaea on the other hand.. something about a house raffle scam in florida you say!
Moving to france to escape the authorities?..
They have contradicted themselves with their own history, which is funny considering they look at ancient history so much.

They are not attempting to cover anything up really, rather they are just there to confuse us all, too mislead.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by shrunkensimon]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
there are far too many people on this earth. far far too many.
a virus we are.
obviously all the jibberish about planets hurtling towards us and the government not giving a damn is disinformation, created by a certain few who really hope the end of the world is coming. that certain few being many of who operate in this forum.
yes i believe there are many things kept from the people for controlled populus co-operation. but maybe that is a source of disinformation.

these "government operatives" backed by the government usually will carry a large amount of information to verify their claims. where back yarders will only have the misfiring ammo of the internet.

you may notice i rarely provide any links of apropriate evidence for any of my claims, rebutles and threads. becuase 99.9% of it is rubbish.
other peoples ideas or perceptions. their theories and explanations. rubbish rubbish rubbish. unreliable sources.

if we always rely on the information others provide, although in many cases its all we have, then we are as blind as the ignoramus' that bend over for the government and offer themselves for the sodimizing.

its peoples hollow claims and wild assumptions that generate most of the traffic in ATS. yes i myself contribute and a great lot of it very interest and provides good material to ponder.
but too many people get caught in the flow, the conspiracy, which leads too paranoia. in fact this website is conspiring itself. not just the governments.

damn foo.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
There was a day, not that long ago when the phrase "Afghani freedom fighter" was replaced, literally overnight, by "Muslim Rebel." It happened around the time the Soviet Union fell, and Russia became our new best friend.

The geopolitical face of the world had morphed, and I witnessed the very moment on the nightly newscast of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. That's how disinformation works!

Ever since then I have been unable to take the media at face value...even the CBC!

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
M ighty
E arths
D isinfromation
I nstituted
A lliance

the media is disinformation.

it relays to the population "what they need to know".
it relays to the population "what they need to fear".
it relays to the population "what they will find comforting".
it relays toi the population "what they need".

[edit on 24-4-2007 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Speaking of Planet X...

The asteroid belt is kinda big, like a planet...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by shrunkensimon

An example of well concieved disinfo would be "Cassiopaea". A woman basically channels thoughts from the cassiopaens, and uses this information, together with existing knowledge, to bring the truth to you. It can be only be described as a cult, and a very arrogant one at that.

The info was actually all channeled by Fred (later changed to "Frank Scott") who soon parted ways with Laura after she started getting greedy with the project.

(And yes, i realize this thread is 4 years old!)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

....disinformation, created by a certain few who really hope the end of the world is coming

If people continue to believe disinformation, then the only 2 groups who will rise from the fall are anarchists, who will then be taken out by the hidden elite after they organise a resistance.

new topics

top topics

join