It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven M. Greer releases UFO photographs!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Steven M. Greer releases UFO photographs!
www.cseti.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i just wonder if he is so good at calling these things, why does not cnn or foxnews send a team out with him.

i have seen so many photos over the years of supposeded ufos, and these things will never be caught properly by cameras, so we will not know what to think of them.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but that shot in your post is a bug, so are the pictures on the link you gave, minus the orb; which is probably just an anomoly in the camera's filters caused by dust or moisture.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Wow, photos of insects and lense flare!

"Light Anchor" - (or flying rod) is clearly a Moth flying in front of the lens, the long exposure time (because it's dark) makes it look like this.

"Loved One" - a flying beetle reflecting the flash

"Orb on Dr. Greer's chest" - reflection in the lens.

Isnt this the leading guy of the disclosure project? So far for the credibility.

-edit: what bluesquareapple said.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by errorist]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wow. That "Light Anchor" looks just like a regular old terrestrial moth. I guess maybe it's an intergalactic nocturnal Mothra type deal, tho.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
First image is the hilarious 'Energy Communication Anchor' (ie a flying insect). Second one is a 'Light Being' (ie a moth caught in the camera flash - you can see its wings, antena, legs!), third one is the typical dust particle.

The real phenomena in the third one is that Greer's head is on fire! Check it out - there must be some mystical relevance to it!

All these photos are just more self-incriminating evidence from CSETI! All natural everyday phenomena being passed off as something out of the ordinary. Well worth $800 for such a bug-spotting experience!

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think that everyone’s right on the money about most of these shots, but one. That “Orb on Dr. Greer's chest” looks more like it’s printed on his t-shirt.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The 'rod' phenomenon has already been debunked, it's due to time-lapse (or something like that) and typically created by insects flapping their wings. The second one is just a moth at close range with flash. The last one just looks like camera issues.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's due to the exposure time, basically like time lapse photography, it will capture the whole movement of the insect from the time the shutter opened until it closed and make it seem like one huge paranormal object. When it was just a fast moving winged small insect at close range.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
this guy is either on a government payroll to make the entire UFO community look like quacks, or he is a bunko artist who is so pressed for results that he can't even make a good hoax. either way if this guy is really in charge of the disclosure project, then it will only serve to dissuade the opinion that UFOs are real.

BTW did you see that picture of the supposed orb on his chest. if i was an orb, i wouldn't even be in the same room as the three little pigs there.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
except those people don't look or act like they are being swindled....

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby

That is a good point, you would think that if he was lying, someone would have come forward by now.

But those pictures do look fake.

[edit on 4/20/2007 by Alien42]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think the real issue with these photos is that they strongly imply that CSETI is a fraudulent set-up.

The first photo is described as a 'light anchor'* and it states- 'Dr Greer senses it coming'. How does Greer 'sense' an insect coming and why is this insect passed off as something it isn't? Is Greer in communication with bugs or is there a hidden agenda to dupe the naive into parting with more money? The photos clearly misrepresent the truth and they are placed on CSETI's website with the intention of getting people to sign up to the expensive 'training sessions'.

To claim that things are not what they are is deception. Here in the UK deception made for personal gain is classed as fraud and is illegal.

*in the CSETI video the narrator describes it as an 'energy communication anchor'

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Oh man this is just pitiful.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby

I think it's actually quite sad.

Greer has become just another crackpot in the vast sea of people who are either self deluded or just a plain conman.

The pseudo-science-spiritualism twist has always baffled me. Add the performing dog aspect of "triangulating" or "vectoring" UFO's to appear by sheer will and we're back in the realms of fantasy.

It's a shame, because the possibility of something visiting earth is actually quite a basic theory. Nothing "Hollywood" about it. Nothing spiritual about it. Sure it has the potential to change mankind forever, but a discovery tomorrow in advanced science or medicine could do the same....And yet we have people like Greer who have to turn the concept into something wonderful, something outside of the simple fact that there is a slight chance that the basic theory is fact.

As for the followers of Greer....

The thing is, if people want to believe something, they will. Regardless of anything.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I will not pass judgment on this guy like most of you here are doing...

I personally don't know much about this guy and what he has done besides the disclosure video.

I don't know the guy in real life so i can't make accusations that are unfounded.

I think you guys should rethink your assumptions considering none of you actually know this guy or his intentions.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
When i listen to greer talking about his new age stuff, i am always reminded that saying in the bible.

"In the final days, people will have stupid ideas of what god is, and god wants them to do"

he does not help with his new age stuff, but heck some people may like him.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien42
...you would think that if he was lying, someone would have come forward by now.

People who go on his training session have to sign an NDA - Non Disclosure Agreement.

Amazing, isn't it? The man behind 'disclosure' prevents his paying customers disclosing anything about his own set-up.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hmm,

They don't say the bug in the camera is the light... if you notice they are all looking upward and not even looking in the direction of the bug in the camera.

There is nothing that indicates that the bug in the camera is what they are referring to.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Hmm,

They don't say the bug in the camera is the light... if you notice they are all looking upward and not even looking in the direction of the bug in the camera.

There is nothing that indicates that the bug in the camera is what they are referring to.

They are looking upwards because they want to see ufos and they've forked out a lot of cash to do so.

Nobody would have noticed the bug flying by the camera lens. The effect is only seen in the still frames of the video, not in real life. There is a cseti video where they discuss this very image - they are clearly talking about the corkscrew effect that the passing insect has created. They say it's an energy communication anchor beamed down by extraterrestrials, or words to that effect.

Have you looked at the photo of the 'Light Being'? What would you say that is? An alien entity or a moth?

here you go - energy communication anchor/bug...

video.google.co.uk...

[edit on 20-4-2007 by torsion]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join