It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

christian support of nazism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This may come as a revelation to some,while to others it may already be a bit of old
news.
That is that there was much widespread support for nazism among christians in Germany.
It has been pointed out that some of the nazis were not devout christians but rather neopagans or even
occultists.
While this may be true,what is also true in addition to this is that many of the nazis were also christians.

Support for the nazi movement in Germany came from both protestants and catholics.
Both christian factions saw in nazism an acceptable alternative to godless communism and a bulwark
against it.
Also they saw it as an alternative to other things they abhorred,such as democracy,liberalism,and the cultural
decadence of the Weimar era.

In addition to this there was a great amount of anti-semitic sentiment among both catholics and protestants
in Germany.
Which made the anti-semitism of the nazis more acceptable to them.
There has always been a tradition of anti-semitism in christianity,and it is this tradition that made it easy and
possible for Hitler to carry out his policies against the jews.
Without this history or tradition of christian anti-semitism it would have been more difficult for the nazis to
promote and carry out their anti-semitic actions.
Within the christian community there have even been some who have regretfully admitted or acknowledged
this.

While at the same time it is true that there were some christians who did oppose the nazi regime.
The most notable case of course is Dietrich Boenhoffer who eventually paid with his life.
However his example was not representative of the majority but only a brave few.

Below are some links that discuss further the collaboration between many christians and the Nazi movement.
Another source of valuable info regarding the collaboration of the church with nazism is a book entitled
"A History Of Christianity" by Paul Johnson.
Much detailed information is given regarding both protestant and catholic cooperation with Hitler.
Interestingly this book also states that Hitler did have a contemptible attitude towards the various
churches .
The reason being they proved so willing in bowing or grovelling before him without
question.

members.aol.com...

www.secularhumanism.org...

www.greenleft.org.au...

www.evilbible.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sadly, antisemitism has been rampant in christianity. For some reason, some people have this shroud over their vision not realizing that the jews were, and still are, God's chosen people. We get to tag along simply by the grace of God.

It's people who are fairly ignorant about the religion they profess to practice. It's like those fools who march holding signs saying "God hates fags". If they had read any of the gospels, they'd know that's not true. God hates the sin, not the sinner, and tells us to do the same.

Jesus time and time again mentions that the Jews are God's chosen people. It is also said that He is the same, always, before, now, and ever more. The people who fall into this hate stuff are simply ignorant. And an ignorant person is very easy to mislead...

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You are exactly correct in Revelations after the rapture a few people get a second chance to get to heaven. These few people are not Christians but they are 144,000 Jews.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
You are exactly correct in Revelations after the rapture a few people get a second chance to get to heaven. These few people are not Christians but they are 144,000 Jews.

From my understanding of Revelations, the 144,000 Jews actually minister to the rest. I read somewhere (may have been the Left Behind series and the follow up book: Are we Living In The End Times?) that a quarter of the population of the earth after the rapture will be converted to Christ.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Jews where gods people. They didn't and still don�t accept Christ as their savior therefore they will burn in hell with the heathen Muslims, Hinduism, Satanist, etc. In the end times people will follow a perverted version of Christianity one built on greed and the teachings of Christ will be distorted which you are seeing now. Christians shouldn�t hate Jews this is not what I am saying, but they shouldn�t glorify them either and that is going on now. Also Christians shouldn�t support polices that hurt the poor and elderly or follow a man that is evil and calls him self a Christian but in name only. There are signs in the heaven the AntiChrist has brought the beginnings of the false peace. He has deceived many already and continues to do so.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It is possible that 144000 is more likely symbolic number of something.
12*12=144 and 12 is symbol of completness i think, (*) 1000 (symbolizes infinity)... Correct me if i'm wrong about what 12 and 1000 symbolize.

And I don't think anyone marching with 'God hates fags' considers themselves christians, they are just mocking both christians and homosexuals..

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
And I don't think anyone marching with 'God hates fags' considers themselves christians, they are just mocking both christians and homosexuals..

I read an article in the Chicago Tribune where they interviewed the dude who organized one of these marches, and he was a reverand in some poor, mislead church...

In the end times people will follow a perverted version of Christianity one built on greed and the teachings of Christ will be distorted which you are seeing now.

What information or scripture lead you to believe that? Everything I've read is that the new christians (post rapture) are extreamly devout...

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

What information or scripture lead you to believe that? Everything I've read is that the new christians (post rapture) are extreamly devout...

poweredbychrist.homestead.com...

What I believe is talked about here. I don't want to argue about I know I could be wrong as could you. Religion is a big unknown that�s why I rarely discuss it. I don�t know why I was compelled to write what I wrote normally I would never do it.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
What i dont understand is that as you say that Christains in Germany were Anti-Semetic but they worships Jesus as thier great leader but i thought Jesus was Jewish??

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman
What i dont understand is that as you say that Christains in Germany were Anti-Semetic but they worships Jesus as thier great leader but i thought Jesus was Jewish??

You know what's really sad? The people who profess to be christian, but are convinced that Jesus (you know, the king of the Jews) wasn't a Jew. Like I said, it is simply ignorance.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Lots of wrong stuff stated above.
Those weren't christians who were nazis, they were nazis who were christians or better posed to be.

The christians religion makes it impossible to be a Nazi - if you follow it's rules and morals. The catholic and protestant church didnt stand up against Hitler as they signed contracts with him that their religion will be accepted. That's and because of the pope there was no big official resistance against the Nazis.

But you should read up about catholics and protestants working secretly against the Nazi regime. There was a lot of work done and jews saved. Most popular the White Rose movement which had many copies in other cities. www.jlrweb.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
poweredbychrist.homestead.com...

Cool, thanks for the link

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by yogibear
Both christian factions saw in nazism an acceptable alternative to godless communism and a bulwark
against it.

I *think* that is very succinct: having close borders with communist states probably "helped" the Nazis seem to represent the "Church" in it's power struggle against the rise of communism? That Germany, at the outset of the 1939 war (for the benefit of our American allies (!!), had a non-aggression pact with Russia was, perhaps, a bit of a shock to the German "church" - but the genocide that ensued shortly afterwards probably assuaged them somewhat....

I'm not Jewish, but visited Israel some years ago and went to Yad Vashem - for those who might deny the Holocaust, please take a look...

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
that the jews were, and still are, God's chosen people.

lol..i think everyone that is not a jew would have to disagree with you on that..

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

lol..i think everyone that is not a jew would have to disagree with you on that..

But...I'm not a Jew...

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

But...I'm not a Jew...

Well then it must suck not being one of gods "chosen people"..arnt we all supposed to be gods "chosen poeple"??

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Well then it must suck not being one of gods "chosen people"..arnt we all supposed to be gods "chosen poeple"??

Not at all. I was saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ, who went to the Gentiles after the priests of Isreal wouldn't believe him. The Jews were chosen by God well before the coming of Christ, and God didn't take that back. However, after the coming of Christ, He gave all of us a way into His kingdom. He gave us a much easier way there, because through Jesus we are saved. The Jews still need to live clean lives and be purged through clean sacrifices (I'm not sure how this works today...) to gain access to Heaven.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
so before jesus..nobody but the jews were going to be saved from being burned for eternity in the lake fire inferno called hell?? ..you make it sound like a game or something---" to gain access to heaven" lol sorry access denied

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   

so before jesus..nobody but the jews were going to be saved from being burned for eternity in the lake fire inferno called hell?? ..you make it sound like a game or something---" to gain access to heaven" lol sorry access denied

Actually, no. It's stated (I don't have my Bible here at work, but I'll try to remember to edit this response with the exact passage) in Romans that those who do not know the Lord will be judged by the sin that is known to them, and will be judged less harshly. We all have consiences, but the poor bushman in Africa never had the chance to hear about Jesus Christ. It doesn't mean he's going to hell, it means he will be judged by what he knows. It's after you've been presented with the Word that you are held to it's law.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
well why spread "the word" then??? it seems more humane to let them live on their own and then be judged "less harshly" when it is there time.. as you have said..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join