It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo Toronto Video?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
just found this while searching around...kinda looks like birds the first one but im not sure they are moving quite fast, and second one is weird looks like a space shuttle lol

[edit on 11-4-2007 by jefferrari]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefferrari
just found this while searching around...kinda looks like birds the first one but im not sure they are moving quite fast, and second one is weird looks like a space shuttle lol

Thats Toronto? It looks like farm lands...

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
There's lots of green spaces near Pearson Airport that would kinda look like farmland from the air.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Why would that video be copyrighted? I saw two black smudges painted on a still photo and what looked like a closed umbrella superimposed on a photo of a little girl looking up at an airplane. Was there something of interest in the video from the helicopter? Maybe I blinked at the wrong time and missed it.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by surf911

Originally posted by jefferrari
[yv/id]JtiqBP5CNh4[/yvid]just found this while searching around...kinda looks like birds the first one but im not sure they are moving quite fast, and second one is weird looks like a space shuttle lol

Thats Toronto? It looks like farm lands...

I think its centenial park, not really farm land, but a huge recreational park just south of pearson.

The two blacks ball, are something. They looked to be going super fast, but also looked really tiny.

That other image, that looked like a tube with a tail.. Wierd..

I took some images the other day, at an 8 sec exposure on good friday at like 1am. It was also really cloudy that night but the moon still showed, and noticed a few orb objects. Im not sure if there stars, because I wouldnt think they were that bright, or they could actually be ufos..

I also live pretty near the pearson.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It might be near Pearson IA, possibly between Dixie and Airport road?
Kinda known as Toronto, but it's actually a western suburb probably Malton or Mississauga. But there's not of obvious Mississauga landmarks there that I can identify from that vid.

Wondering where the still was taken of the UFO with the tail? Or perhap's it was close up of the tube above and behind the 88?

Dallas

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Here are the pictures i took on Good Friday at about 1am..

Using a Nikon Coolpix S5000 or P5000 dont remmber because i borrowed it from werk. And also it was on a tripod, because i had set it to take 3 8 second exposure pics, on more vivid color mode.

You can also see it was cloudy, but the orbs show up in all. I have circled them, and lowered the size of the image in p.s.

Free file hosting from File Den!

Im also 15 min east of the airport, In these pics im facing south towards the lake, Downtown can't be seen because its behind the building.

feedback please.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Oh and.. when i was taking these pictures, I didnt noticed the orbs until i looked at them on my comp.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
puhatek - the objects you circled are, going clock-wise from the lowest : Jupiter, Sabik (a star in the constellation Ophiuchus), Zeta Ophiuchi (another star in Ophiuchus), Graffias (a star in the constellation Scorpius), and Delta Scorpii which is also a star

By the way, that photo was taken on Saturday morning, not Friday

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
puhatek - the objects you circled are, going clock-wise from the lowest : Jupiter, Sabik (a star in the constellation Ophiuchus), Zeta Ophiuchi (another star in Ophiuchus), Graffias (a star in the constellation Scorpius), and Delta Scorpii which is also a star

By the way, that photo was taken on Saturday morning, not Friday

it was cloudy that night.. how sure are you?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Forgot to add - those details were for orbsincloudsky2.jpg

In orbsincloudsky1.jpg, the extra object you circled (next to Zeta Ophiuchi ) is another star in the constellation Scorpius called TYC 6209-1537-2 . Catchy name

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by puhatek

it was cloudy that night.. how sure are you?

110%..

Just like the moon shines through the clouds over a long exposure, so will some of the brighter stars/planets.. expose much longer (than you did there), and all will disappear in the light pollution - I have the same problem here

You can check yourself using software that tells you where things were in the sky at any given time.. I use this software.. just input your location, and observation time, and it displays the stars just as they appear in relation to each other when you see them in real time. It's easy to work out which stars/objects they are from there, by comparing distances between the stars, and the moon (which makes a very good reference point).

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Heres a quick n dirty screen grab :

I managed to chop off the top star, but you can see where it is if you follow the constellation lines up to where my arrow is pointing. As you can see the stars match up, along with the moon and Jupiter perfectly in relation to each other. Overlaying the two pics should confirm this, and you can probably find some more stars in your pic that will match up to the screen shot if you look hard, if you need any more confirmation - I have noticed at least 2 more.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here's the map overlayed on orbsincloudsky2.jpg :

I only spent a few minutes playing around in photoshop with it, I'm sure with a little more time playing around, the stars would be in *perfect* alignment, but I have more serious things to be getting on with right now..

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wow nice work with cosmos details..

Damn I really thought i caught some actual "ufo's" in my pics. But stars are cool enough to catch to.

Thanks for all the info.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Check just below mid screen left to right all these are in same location:

Start at 40 sec. you see the object 43-46 sec.
Start at 1:00 you see the object 1:03-1:08
Start at 1:30 you see the object 1:35-1:46

watch movement and speed

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thanks, and no worries puhatek - Glad I could help you clear that up.

It turns out that the most commonly reported "UFO" by the public is the planet Venus, so you weren't too far out with Jupiter

I highly recommend you and anyone reading this who has an interest in trying to spot/photograph UFOs, go out and actually familiarize themselves with all the objects that should be there, so that we can all avoid waisting our time on obvious IFOs and concentrate on the objects that shouldn't be there, true UFOs.

So grab a sleeping bag + warm cloths (you can always remove clothing if it gets too warm, but that is rarely the case from experience), something comfortable to recline on, a bite to eat/drink, a torch, and head out to somewhere out of your city town, well away from lights, find a spot with clear horizons that are unobstructed by trees/canyons, get in to your sleeping bag and prepare to be "wowed" by all the sights the night sky has to offer - meteors, iridium flares, space junk reentries, and if you are very lucky UFOs! Ok - don't expect to see a meteor explode or a UFO crash in your first observing session.. that's a sure way to come back feeling disappointed! Be patient, watch and observe, and you will be rewarded.

Just the experience of being out there, under a sky full of stars I find is a humbling one.. but at the same time awe inspiring.. and once your eyes become truly "dark-adapted" (it can take some time, if you have looked at a bright light previously, even hours before), you will start to see things that most people have never seen before!

Venus by the way, if you want to see it, is visible as soon as the sun goes down right now, and throughout the rest of this month and May - just look in the direction of the sun at sunset, and directly above you should see Venus, if you're horizon in that direction is unobstructed. You'll understand when you see it for the first time, why so many think it's a UFO.. besides the way it twinkles, it is also by far the brightest celestial object in the sky (besides the Sun and Moon of course)!

I should warn you though, that at this time of year meteor rates are low, however, the Lyrid meteor shower peaks one week from this Sunday (the 22nd), and meteor rates will rise for a brief few hours before dropping back to their usual level for this time of year. This is a good opportunity to see a few meteors, before the Persieds (peak on 12th Aug, but can be good in the days before), which will probably be the best Meteor shower for beginners (and experienced observers) to observe this year. They have a reputation for being bright and colorful!

Sorry if I'm rambling a little here, but as a city dweller (suburbs actually), it's pretty obvious that the vast majority of people who live in urbanized areas don't have a clue what they are missing, and it saddens me that kids don't seem to be being taught the basics (at least where I am), and are therefore also missing out on a very important aspect of our environment, which I'm sure affects all of us more than we know, as well as adding to the general confusion caused when members of the public report UFOs that turn out to be readily identifiable objects.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not having a go at you for wasting time or anything like that. If anything I'm glad for the chance to pass on a little of my knowledge, but also to make the point that, it's easy to jump to conclusions when first starting out if you see something "unusual", but there is often a mundane explanation that can be found if you take a little time to learn about the various traits and give-aways of relatively common celestial phenomena, both artificial and natural.. and there is no better way than to go out there and actually observe them for yourself!

As the ATS motto says.. Deny ignorance!

[edit on 13-4-2007 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
puhatek, keep taking pics of the stars - you never know what you might catch.. watch out though, it can be infectious. I've been trying to for approaching 10 years now, and I can't see my self loosing interest any time in the near future! It's also a great hobby for draining the funds from your bank account at an astonishing rate, especially when you start to get interested in star-tracking mounts

Apologies to all for somewhat de-railing this thread, especially the OP - the vid is very interesting I have to say, and deserves some more close scrutiny/attention, but I have a feeling this object is something mundane, like a dark colored bird perhaps.. it's hard to judge the speed of it with very few, if any, distance-cues in that vid. It could be any size/distance, but it looks more to me like something small passing close to the aircraft, giving the illusion of high speed, but like I said, it needs some more investigation to say one way or the other I think. Good find, and thank you for posting it.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If i had about 600 dollars, id be able to buy the nikon coolpix p5000 that i took these pics with. Then id be able to take endless amounts, because night photography seems to be what i do best. For know I'll just be renting the camera whenever I can. Unless people start buying my prints

Thanks for all the good advice I aprrec.

top topics

join