It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honey Bees Disappearance in US Mystery UPDATE

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
[color=gold]So where have all the bees gone?

Mysterious disappearance of US bees creating a buzz

+++mod edit to remove link to flag this thread+++

by Jean-Louis Santini Fri Apr 6, 10:54 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) - US beekeepers have been stung in recent months by the mysterious disappearance of millions of bees threatening honey supplies as well as crops which depend on the insects for pollination.

Bee numbers on parts of the east coast and in Texas have fallen by more than 70 percent, while California has seen colonies drop by 30 to 60 percent.

SOURCE

[edit on 7-4-2007 by greatlakes]

[edit on 3-5-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ive heard its to do with the migration of them killer hornets. By god i hope i heard wrong, if i so much as presume one is in within 100 miles of me ill kill myself lol

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Except that with exception of a few SMALL areas, I haven't heard of any mass influx of Giant Hornets. If there were that many giant hornets out there you would have heard something about it by now. In France and Europe it makes sense, since they come from Asia, and there's a land route for them to take. Here in the US it would take much longer for them to grow to any significant population.

Giant Hornets would also leave piles of bodies around the hive, and they would kill almost ALL the bees in the hive. They're finding queens and a few young workers, but no bodies anywhere in or around the hives.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
OK, how is this not a rethread?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Except that with exception of a few SMALL areas, I haven't heard of any mass influx of Giant Hornets. If there were that many giant hornets out there you would have heard something about it by now. In France and Europe it makes sense, since they come from Asia, and there's a land route for them to take. Here in the US it would take much longer for them to grow to any significant population.

Giant Hornets would also leave piles of bodies around the hive, and they would kill almost ALL the bees in the hive. They're finding queens and a few young workers, but no bodies anywhere in or around the hives.

That almost offered me some comfort besides the fact i live in the UK which is pracitcally Europe! lol Well actually Europe but more like little america, but thats besides the point.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Well LondonCalling, unless you start hearing about decimated hives with piles of bodies laying around it, you're all good.
If you start hearing of honey bee bodies found by the thousands, RUN.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This has been in the news for a few weeks. I was listening to Major Ed Dames on C2C the other night as he explain that UV radiation has caused a weakness in the pollen and due to this the bees are having problems with their vision due to the spectrum they see in and with them not being able to find food as easy they are becoming undernourished.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Perhaps genetically modified food is linked to the decline of the honey bee population. Gentically modified foods (GM) are on the rise and used extensively in farming, feed for livestock etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This article points oout warnings that Einstein gave concerning disappearing bees, it also touches on the GM food and possible effect on the bees.

LINK

Albert Einstein warned humankind of two approaching apocalypses: on was nuclear annihilation and the other involved bees. He said:"If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left.

I don't really know much about this, so I am just posting this FYI.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is scary stuff. And if Einstein predicted it, its even scarier. It looks as if the end times are right around the corner...

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ive found a few bees around lately that seem to be either ill, drunk or just dozy.. i didn't think that was normal for this time of year, especially since the weather is getting good now in the UK.

I found one on the floor yesterday and moved it outside, yet it was reluctant to move even if i prodded it lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Perhaps genetically modified food is linked to the decline of the honey bee population. Gentically modified foods (GM) are on the rise and used extensively in farming, feed for livestock etc.

Yeah, that is one of the theories and the one that I deem likely. I don't really think that their disappearance has anything to do with UV rays or sunspots or what have you. I think it is either linked to GM foods or pesticides that we are using.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

I found one on the floor yesterday and moved it outside, yet it was reluctant to move even if i prodded it lol.

This isn't really a laughing matter. It's very serious. When the food sources start depleting, then maybe people will see the magnitude of this.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I posted this on the other thread, but it's about how genetically engineered produce is fighting the bees and has tried to ban them from their fields and orchards. This is the 'seedless' varities of produce.

Seedless Fruits Make Others Needless

westernfarmpress.com...

Hopefully this will motivate consumers to go for organic varieties WITH seeds, the way nature intended.....but I'm not counting on it.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
This isn't really a laughing matter. It's very serious. When the food sources start depleting, then maybe people will see the magnitude of this.

I wasn't implying it wasn't serious. Any genocide of nature brings a tear to my eye. Its just the whole prodding of the bee, poking etc, facebook..lol i laugh at the lame'st things i know

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Albert Einstein warned humankind of two approaching apocalypses: one was nuclear annihilation and the other involved bees. He said:"If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left.

Wow, I have never read this comment of Albert Einsteins. Add the four years to this date and we are close to the Mayan date of 2011-2012. This is frightening!

I know there has been several alerts of pending doom and many have prepared only to watch the time pass by without any gloom. The bluff has been called out so many times, but is this the real one we should prepare for?

Lets say 90% of the bees do die. What about the butterfly? What about Hummingbirds? I know they cannot carry the full load to fill in what the bees have done for pollination, but could it carry us until we come up with a solution?

I have also noticed that another important pollinator the Carpenter Bee is not as abundant this season. In April they are so bad here that I can have a little fun with my Badminton racket
They also drill holes in my fence (truly bothersome) They are not a problem this season and I see very little evidence of them.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Its all about 2012. Just exactly what will happen is very much a personal conclusion

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't think that we will have a situation where there is a mass die-off of the bee population like 90% or more. However this is another one of those indicators that we don't have all of the information-all of the pieces to the puzzle-of what is happening the the Earth globally. The situation with the bees is an indicator, akin to the "canary in the coal mine".

That stated if in fact the numbers are as high as 90% die-off that indeed would be alarming and a very bad thing. I don't think we have enough planet-wide information on the total bee population to state that the total numbers of bees has reduced by XX amount as yet. The reports though are fairly frightening and I hope these are more or less localized reports....

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
the bee's are dying off rather rapidly and it seems to be a problem focused in the united states that is spreading over to europe and becoming worse

it appears there are a few players that fit into this ( my biggest fear is that no one realizes until the food supply is in grave danger)

electromagnetic radiation in the same frequecny range as the bees (220 ish) appears to be a place to look for the reason bee's may be unable to return to the hive as the communication necessary between bee's returning to the hive becomes disrupted by electromagnetic radiation

hypertextbook.com...

emf waves are seeming to override the bees ( if not the birds as well) communication systems and the emf waves are being sent out from HAARP facilities, cell phone towers (as well as cellphones changing to digital emissions instead of analog with some technologies happenning to pulse at a similiar frequency 220 as the bees) as well as the chemtrails spraying aluminum and barium and coating everything in this toxic conductive metal spray.

the obivous should be that whatever is going on and whatever the indiviual or collective reasons may be for the bee's dying it shows that there is something going on that we can't see that we need to figure out or

as einstein said if the bee's would die out mankind would have four years to live

now enter monsanto engineered seeds and the the gov't now has the means to more closely control the world's food supply, which will give alot of the dissenters a reason to think twice about NOT accepting the microchip (because they may need it to eat food)

couple that with there PR campain to microchip the population ( which will be introduced in some manufactured problem , reaction (viola) solution) coupled with the creative marketing of low lifes (get the microchip it will help stop missing children?(not so much)/ it will make your life convenient) probably not even aware of the ways microchips will be used for behavior modification as well. and behavior modification is shrouded in secrecy video.google.com...

thankfully the veil is lifting and consciousness is becoming more aware and able to see through the nefarious intentions of the power hungry elite

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I read this article earlier today when I was researching heirloom seeds for my garden.

honey bee crisis of 2007

The report for Feb 2007 shows that so far the 22 states reporting show as much as an 80% loss.

There is a lot of information in there. Information IMO everyone should read.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join