It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrocalypse '07, or The Great Sell Out.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Something disturbing has been happening recently. A trend, which was once isolated to the far left wing; we'll call it "peace pandering", has been splashed across the news for the past couple of weeks.

Nancy Pelosi goes to Syria, a nation that supports terrorism (Martyr's Day is only a month and a day away, yay!). Rosie O'Donnell basically (although i hate to agree with Bill O'Reilly) sides with Iran on a syndicated nation-wide talk show. Cowards in our Congressional and Senate halls set forth a decree to basically admit defeat in Iraq, pack up and go home, and act like it never happened. The House Armed Committee is killing the budget for the "Global War on Terrorism" for absolute partisan reasons.

I've been watching this with my mouth agape, for the most part. The George Soros's of the world are about to win. Does no one else see the extreme danger in this? Do you honestly believe Assad, once Pelosi was well on her way, sat down at his desk, stared at the horizon, and said "Gee, those Americans aren't so bad after all." No. These people are our enemies. The ruling hand of force in these countries does not want peace with the United States, and will never be satisfied until a star and crescent ascends to the top of the Capitol Building, or it is burned to the ground.

You think bending over for terrorist nations will stop them from attacking us? Does no one else see insanity in these brazen acts of fear on behalf of these "Americans"? I am so confused and angered by these recent acts of weakness. I hope this is what all of you far lefter's wanted. The next attack will not come down as a reaction to "wrongs" committed on islamo-fascists by the Bush administration. It will come down because you have weakened our country into the state of being a target of opportunity. Who will you cry to when it does?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
your insane. america is the land of the free and the welcome home of immigrants across the globe. do you really think it is right to label islamofacists. What if the government was after christians and called them christianofacists how would u feel about that. your own country siding against its own citizen's home country. america because its diverse should only help and stay isolated from foriegn affairs. going around spreading lies, killing muslims, and call them terrorists is horrible

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
the say saddam killed his own people. bush has killed his own people, then has killed everyone in iraq. and ur siding with the bush's ur an evil man indeed.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rrahim1
america because its diverse should only help and stay isolated from foriegn affairs.

Why should we even help?America is not obligated to help anyone. I think we might should become total isolationists and let the rest of you get along by yourselves.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If this thread is going to remain open, the personal comments are going to cease right now. We will discuss the issue from here on out.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
If this thread is going to remain open, the personal comments are going to cease right now. We will discuss the issue from here on out.

Niteboy, that seems to be the only way a lot of people from the left can respond to anything. They argue strictly from emotion and personal attacks.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
They argue strictly from emotion and personal attacks.

Emotion is fine. Emotion sometimes helps to fuel the fire to what may be a meaningful post.

Personal attacks however, will remain outside of A/B/PTS. That is not only for one side of an arguement, it is for all sides.

Because we are all better than that.

[edit on 4/4/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

... has killed everyone in iraq.

Are you claiming that everyone in Iraq is dead?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PartChimp
Something disturbing has been happening recently. A trend, which was once isolated to the far left wing; we'll call it "peace pandering", has been splashed across the news for the past couple of weeks.

Are you stating that wanting peace is a bad thing?

Cowards in our Congressional and Senate halls set forth a decree to basically admit defeat in Iraq, pack up and go home, and act like it never happened.

Nobodies acting like it never happened, it’s just that many would like what they consider senseless violence to stop.

The ruling hand of force in these countries does not want peace with the United States,

I assume that you are speaking of Arab countries, if they don’t want peace with the United States, by extension we can assume that you think that they would not want peace with Israel. Well you’re wrong
www.reuters.com...

You think bending over for terrorist nations will stop them from attacking us?

Who’s bending over to a terrorist nation? The left wants out of Iraq, not Afghanistan. Iraq was not a terrorist nation.

It will come down because you have weakened our country into the state of being a target of opportunity. Who will you cry to when it does?

It was not the left that lied to the congress, the senate or the people, that was all the right.
It was not the left that ousted a CIA agent in charge of counter proliferation of nukes (Valerie Plame), yet again that was the right.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Nancy Pelosi goes to Syria, a nation that supports terrorism (Martyr's Day is only a month and a day away, yay!).

you're right, reagan took the wrong step in engaging the soviets
and nixon shouldn't have opened up dialogue to china.
because it's only the countries we've cut off ties to that are no longer communist...

oh wait
soviet union is now a ... more democratic.. .russia and a bunch of increasingly democratic independent states
china is moving ever closer to democracy
and cuba, the country we isolated, is the one that is communist

Rosie O'Donnell basically (although i hate to agree with Bill O'Reilly) sides with Iran on a syndicated nation-wide talk show.

1 person who isn't even a politician is a horrible example

Cowards in our Congressional and Senate halls set forth a decree to basically admit defeat in Iraq, pack up and go home, and act like it never happened.

because admitting defeat is so much less cowardly than barreling foward into a crowd of civilians and our own troops like reckless lunatics.

hell, a phased withdrawl isn't admitting defeat in any way

The House Armed Committee is killing the budget for the "Global War on Terrorism" for absolute partisan reasons.

yes, because the pointless war in iraq causing civilian casualties and the death of our servicepeople is a totally partisan issue...

I've been watching this with my mouth agape, for the most part. The George Soros's of the world are about to win. Does no one else see the extreme danger in this? Do you honestly believe Assad, once Pelosi was well on her way, sat down at his desk, stared at the horizon, and said "Gee, those Americans aren't so bad after all." No. These people are our enemies.

again, we engaged china and the soviet union and that turned out well for us

pquote]
The ruling hand of force in these countries does not want peace with the United States, and will never be satisfied until a star and crescent ascends to the top of the Capitol Building, or it is burned to the ground.

same could have been said about the soviet union. only with a hammer and sickle

You think bending over for terrorist nations will stop them from attacking us?

engaging in dialogue is by no means "bending over"

were the negotiations during the cuban missle crisis a form of "bending over" to the communists?

pquote]
Does no one else see insanity in these brazen acts of fear on behalf of these "Americans"?

questioning their patriotism, courage, AND citizenship

so i'm going to assume that reagan was a coward for engaging with the communists
and he wasn't a patriot
or even an american

I am so confused and angered by these recent acts of weakness.

it's weakness to engage in dialogue now?

words bad! me smash country!

pquote]
I hope this is what all of you far lefter's wanted. The next attack will not come down as a reaction to "wrongs" committed on islamo-fascists by the Bush administration. It will come down because you have weakened our country into the state of being a target of opportunity.

so engaging in dialogue with our enemies weakens us?

how is it that we even survived the cold war?

Who will you cry to when it does?

oh, now you're saying we're going to cry...

nice job there
i would have some strong and less than civil words for you, but i'm gong to reserve them because you just seem to be doing such a nice job at name calling

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Ahh yes the new trend is such a bad thing compared to the intelligent trend we have been following since 2001 LOL Thats a good one. I mean it was just working so well. The War panderers whom you support , all will probably be thanking you for the big bank accounts they've accrued thanks to people like you with the help of course, of a few thousand quarts of american blood and a myriad of American limbs.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The thing I find intriguing is that how venomous and vehemently anti-right people are, and how it connects to their personal belief system on geo-politics. Speaker, I'm with you. Pulling back into ourselves, i.e. pre-WW2, is the only way to show the world who the real "evil-doers" are. I am not a Bush supporter. I am not politically motivated. I am, however, an opponent of those who would make our country out to be spineless. I could care less if you're Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or you worship the damn Thundercats. Once i see political/public figures pandering to our enemies, even our detractors, an alarm goes off in my head.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Assad is our enemy?
We're at war with Syria?

That's news to me...

As far as Syria "supporting terrorists", I'm not impressed.

The US has supported terrorists again and again when it suits our purposes: the Sandanistas & the Afghan Mujehadin in the 1980's, the MEK & militant Kurds in Iran today.

Dont get me wrong, the Syrian goverment is a bunch of corrupt thugs.
Unfortunately, so is our own.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

when it suits our purposes

So we should let them live when it doesn't suit our purposes? Why would you stop taking antibiotics after you were halfway done eliminating streptococcus from your body? It makes absolutely no sense. The Far Left and their minions do not want "peace" in the true sense of the word. Out of sight, out of mind is more like it. Well, let's see if al-Qaeda forgets us as well. I have a sneaky suspicion they won't though.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

the say saddam killed his own people. bush has killed his own people, then has killed everyone in iraq. and ur siding with the bush's ur an evil man indeed.

The word you are so desperately seeking is "YOU'RE" not "ur". If you possess the desire to be taken seriously you are going to have to use proper grammar.

It also might not hurt to address the topic of the post instead of going off on some Anti-Bush tirade that leads some ridiculous non-sequitur.

Bush has not "killed everyone in Iraq" as you state. In fact, I don't think that Bush has even engaged in any fighting that I know of; unless you mean Sgt. Evan Bush in the 3ID. He told me that he waxed three insurgents while he was there last year - but heck, that's still not even 1/100th of the population by any standard!

On topic: Yes, I have noticed the same. However, I believe that human beings intrinsicly want peace, not war and endless conflict. People on public platforms simply have a louder microphone than those of us "little people" posting on internet forums and tend to be heard more frequently. I am certainly for a diplomacy first approach and I hardly believe that we have run the full course of what diplomacy might have to offer - we just need to keep talking.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Well, let's see if al-Qaeda forgets us as well.

I'm all for hunting down Al Quaeda to the last man.
A task that would already have been accomplished if we hadn't dropped the ball in our eagerness to go to Iraq.

And yes, unless we're under attack, we should damn well mind our own business.

BTW, I am neither a pacifist nor much of a leftist, but I do despise the neocon interventionist right.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Madness: If you will carefully revise your work, you'll see something peculiar. First, you equate a political "war" to one fueled by religion. That is your first mistake. Did soviets strap bombs to children so they could blow up a marine or two in an area of American interest? Did the soviets believe they would go to heaven and live eternity out with 70 virgin sex slaves if they killed an infidel or hey, even killed themselves trying to kill an infidel? Nope. They sure didn't. If you think we can fight terrorist monsters like we did the soviets, you are absolutely insane. You should probably also stop taking things so literally. I never questioned these spineless cowards' citizenship; it's every American's right to question our leaders, even become a snot nosed yellow-belly. What isn't acceptable is opening up my country to terrorist threats because you are scared. That's my line in the sand.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Assad is our enemy? We're at war with Syria?
That's news to me...

Guess you missed that whole 'axis of evil' thing, eh?

Yes, we are at war with Syria. A war in the shadows.
Iran and Syria are supplying bombers, weapons, ammunition,
and support to the insurgents who are mass murdering
coalition forces AND Iraqi citizens in Iraq.

Here - Boston Globe Article Assad is our enemy.

[edit on 4/7/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

The US has supported terrorists again and again when it suits our purposes: the Sandanistas & the Afghan Mujehadin in the 1980's, the MEK & militant Kurds in Iran today.

I had no idea the US supported the Sandinista's, can you provide a link for that? I would be very interested in learning just how the US supported the Sandinista's cause its news to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yeah we make a lot of noise about Syria letting them cross the border, while ignoring the fact that our buddies in Saudi Arabia do the same damn thing. From everything I have read, most of the Sunni "foreign fighters" are Saudis, and most of the foreign money also comes from SA.

Iraq is in a civil war, and all the neighboring states are getting involved to one extent or another. The Sunni's are terrified of a Shia-dominated Iraq, and the Iranians are trying to ensure one.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join