It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG. I think I have Mars Imagery of large Egyptian type monuments.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well folks I am always looking at Imagery and whatever Nasa makes available. This pic below is off of the Nasa World Wind Mars image server. Its their highest res plug ins. Ive looked these over and the Egyptian like hyroglphics at the craters rim and then out side of it look way too much like stuff Ive seen on Walls in Egytian info. For reference in the crater is what appears to be an A at an angle and just above is what looks like well King Tut or ??? and the legs really give it some cred with me along with the apparent writings on thecrater outskirts and worth noting also at the same angle as the King Tut I referred to.
So what the heck. Do you all see this as well or is this just wishfull thinking? Check them out in a photo program as well if you would mine shows some stark contrasts.
The images below are the raw .pngs from the Nasa server.

img242.imageshack.us..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 2-4-2007 by VType]

[edit: reduced image size]
Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
WTF??

I'm a skeptic, but I can see what you mean. Hope someone can come up with a reasonable explanation.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
OK someone's gonna have to show me how this isn't completely absurd.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I'll put it in photoshop for a check but just like that I don't see anything special ecept the usual trickery of pattern recognition.
Personally I see a face but I don't think there is one.. just my brain doing some pattern recognition

Okay ill go into photoshop for a little now.
Can you point me to where I can get an original myself or just reference?

I'll post a message later if I find something unusual in it but like I said just a look at it here doesn't reveal anything imho.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
okay. I have done my basic checks (not conclusive ones, but fast and easy way to find if there has been any editing done)

if you would be going on about the shadows looking like a face I'd understand (which btw isn't visible in a negative -> play of shadows and my mind)

for the life of me I can't see any symbols like hieroglyphs on it. care to point them out?

if by crater you mean the "crater" in the top left, that's not even a crater, other way around it's an outcrop. the sunlight is coming from the right.

the 'face" if that's one of your symbols just seems to me like a few potholes as it were.

the indentation next to it just that, an indentation.

but I only checked some stuff really fast. I'll go back and check some more.

sorry if I sound to critical but I just don't see anything in it so far that makes my heartrate increase

[edit]I'm done. I know it seems fast but from checking using amongst other things levels, edges, contrast, negatives it seems pretty obvious there's nothing unnatural in it. Maybe someone else is willing to put more time into this, upload enhancements etc etc. but tbh from what i've found it's not worth the effort. If you go into photoshop and play around a bit. I'd suggest the enhancments I mentioned you'll see pretty fast that there's nothing there.[/edit]

[edit on 2-4-2007 by David2012]

Dae

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by David2012

for the life of me I can't see any symbols like hieroglyphs on it. care to point them out?
[..]
sorry if I sound to critical but I just don't see anything in it so far that makes my heartrate increase

Yeah I cant see anything either, there is a ghostly type face and a nice triangle shape but thats it, I cant see anything else. Actually it kinda reminds me of Spielburgs ET.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I see quite a few interesting anomolies, though I'm not sure how to go about highlighting the subjects of interest. I got photoshop, thought don't know which feature to use for neatly highlighting. Can anyone give me a hand?

Cheers

[edit on 2/4/07 by Navieko]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
well it doesn't have to be good looking. just encircle them with the bursh tool set not too thick

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Here's my extract from the nasa pic:

In the middle it looks like one of those egyptian side-views of a man.

Edit: don't know how to imbed pics in threads.

[edit on 2/4/07 by jimboman]

[edit on 2/4/07 by jimboman]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
erm. I see ground with bumps and dents..:

very quick check
I stand by your brain doing pattern recognition.

use the [ im ] url [ /im ] tags

[edit on 2-4-2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Ok, got it. Here's my pic then:

look at it with your head tilted slighty to the right and you'll see the egyptian man. It's an optical illusion of course, but neat!

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Is this what you are seeing? The purple one looks like the Ram star sign. The green one looks like the shape 7.

I believe this image was posted on ATS not to long ago.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The quarter circle at the top left of the image is just a crater. It looks as if the crater impact sent debris flying around the impact area, which makes it seem as if there are structures.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

check out the cruciform shape about midway along the left side of the colored pic submitted by the OP (a little bit above the red N of the compass). so right angles can't form in nature, right?
RIGHT!

[edit on 2-4-2007 by toreishi]

[edit on 2-4-2007 by toreishi]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
could someone put a link up to where the OP got these pictures from,
i love analysing images and video in my spare time

thankyou

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There is no egyptian architecture on that photo, come on...

All I see, is YET another blurry image of natural formations, this is getting kinda ridiculous

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I see rocks, really.

Cant see anything else.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Go stare at the clouds in the sky. Or take some pictures of them. You will see some amazing things. Doesn't mean the clouds were build by aliens.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
All I see, is YET another blurry image of natural formations, this is getting kinda ridiculous

I"ll stand by you with that opinion and go even further to say its getting to the point where its simply spamming this forum. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there knows they can post some "OMG!!" photos and get some attention.

Why aren't these images in the Space Exploration forum?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well folks sorry for posting what I see as unusual formations on Mars. Yes when I crop the image I see the letter A then above it what looks like a large Egyptian and then to the right what looks like some kinda script writing outside of the "crater".
I havent seen these specific annomolies anywhere else yet on the Mars imagery Im looking at. And please spare the rederick. Im just posting what looks out of place to me and seem's similar to Egyptian motif when I look close and a far at the pic's.
So how did that straight lined A shape develop naturally? Also does No one see what appears to be symbols of some type to the far right of the A?
Hell I earllier posted images of a near perfect black triangle in the same area on Mars as these other annomolies and all I get is the usual debunker comments. WTF. So unless I find traditional roads or buildings or an alien waving for the pic Im just posting fradulent or wild claims?
Unbelievable I thought this place was for open minds and discussion not the call every poster out forum. Sure I could be wrong but Ive tried not making myself see these shapes in the imagery but too me they stand out a lot.
Well looks like most everyone here has allready decided again that there is No proof and just tricks of light and mind at play or grainy images or(insert debunk here). Typical. Oh well I guess unless I catch ET posing most of you wont even give these images a chance.
Oh and if some of you look at the Nasa World Wind Mars Imagery you could find many of the same oddities yourselves instead of shooting at someone who finds them and posts them for you to see.
And Mr Penny Im not spamming the forum at all and I take direct offence to your statement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join