It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone gone on a BFRO expedition?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Has anyone gone on a BFRO expedition? The reason I ask, is because I have been invited to attend the Utah expedition, and other than being excited, I am also fairly skeptical. I have heard varying degrees of support for this organization. And as is the case with most organizations is this merely the price payed for being "Organized". Or are there other validated concerns here? The area that is the focal point for the expedition is steeped with legend and numerous sightings, both "recent" and older. I am intrigued but I am always looking for more information.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Any one ever gone on one of these ? Or has anyone heard about them from a participant? They sound like a lot of fun. I spoke to a BFRO representative who was very specific about things which someone who had not actually witnessed such an event or heard about it firsthand. I have personally been present at such moments and know the feelings, emotions, and energy such sightings can bring about in people. And, these seemed genuine....

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
While I've never been on a BFRO "expedition" myself, the organization does not enjoy a soild reputation in the "cryptozoological community" as a whole. From everything I have heard there are some people who have had interesting experiences on their "expeditions" and a whole lot more who feel they were scammed.

I did some research on this group about a year ago - a friend of mine had heard about a planned Wisconsin "expedition", and wanted me to tag along. They charge you an arm and a leg ($300/person, or $600/vehicle, no limit on the number of people) and place the following conditions on participation in their "expeditions":

The conditions for participating in a BFRO expedition :

1) You must have camping gear and clothing for any weather conditions.
2) You must be able to provide your own food.
3) You need to provide your own transportation, at least to the base camp.

The fee covers the overhead costs for organizing the expedition. It does not cover your food, lodging, etc.

So you have to provide your own gear, transportation, and food. After reading that, I decided that it was essentially a scam - of course, I'm not a bigfoot believer, either, and was only considering tagging along with my buddy for laughs.

A better place to get feedback on this organization might be the Bigfoot Forums message boards.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Speaking of reputation... where are the bigfoot photos that you promised months ago in one of the threads? Once people became interested, you disappeared...

Attention seeking were we?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
...... I do have a couple of photos that are interesting. However, given the abrasive nature of people on here when I said I didn't want to post them because I was new to the site and wasn't sure how to do it. Not to mention I was scared of having "my Pics" out on the internet. Anyway, I was completely attacked for saying I might have some pictures that could be of relevance. I'm not saying you were one of those people. Anyway, I have since gained a little more knowledge of the wide spectrum of individuals on this site. Some are true beacons of knowledge searching out any and all information lending credence to misunderstood topics. And, unfortuneately others are pre-judgemental hecklers who thrive on nothing more more than knee-jerk reactionary tactics of personal attack and in some way feel better about their own shortcomings by these practices. It's been a real eye-opener! But one I wouldn't trade for the world! Despite some of the harsh treatment I got at first, I have grown to love this site and the overall open-minded search for truth.
Oh, ..... sorry for getting sidetracked, about the pictures, I have shown them locally at not only meetings of enthusiasts, but to other individuals as well. Anyway, I have since become less jaded than I was originally by the "NEED" for people to see and or attack, and my own personal fear of humiliation. Thank goodness. Anyway, I figured I would continue to show them to people with tact who are not only interested in the subject, but in their fellows pursuing answers as well. This has "thickened" my skin so to speak. Thanks for your response however, showing interest is always a good sign. You sound like someone who is genuinely interested in the subject. I may post them soon. I get off work today at 3 pm. The pictures are home. I will post them sometime when I'm at home, not work, and I will try to do so soon. They are not as interesting as other pics I have seen, but of course I like them cuz they're mine! I will probably post them in a new thread, but will address the thread and where it is placed here so you can find it. Thanks for the response, and have a good one.
---------------------------------------Keep Searching for truth---------------------------------

[edit on 1-4-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Not as neat as some of the pics I've seen out there, But I like them cuz they're mine.....

Picture one : The general are of Lost canyon and how it looks
i151.photobucket.com...

picture two: Three toed track? darn I wanted five. LOL
i151.photobucket.com...

picture three: Biped (circled)
i151.photobucket.com...

picture four: Large biped with smaller younger on trailing (both circled)
i151.photobucket.com...

picture five: Researcher friend making a cast
i151.photobucket.com...

picture six: Casting
i151.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I personally think the cost of their expeditions are ridiculous, what are you paying for?
to follow them around, and use your own equipment, bring your own food, and your own camping gear.
The leader of the organization used to be a hollywood lawyer, which tells me there are ties to plenty of people who would make hoaxing a lot easier.

Personally i would do some research into sighting areas and talk to other researchers in your area and try to get together a small group on your own.

use the cost of the BFRO trip to get some equipment of your own instead

but thats just me, opinions may vary

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yup the price sucks! It really is too much. I am in total agreement. Then again I cringe when I think about how much I spend on my camera stuff and flyfishing gear. Not to mention entertainment or my motorcylce, so I guess it a catch 22. But you are absolutely right it should be more affordable.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I must say, that was unexpected Utah.

No offense to you, but i'm used to claims staying unfulfilled really...

A couple of those photos aren't bad at all. I like the first one you circled... at first i said 'yeah its just a rock', but i had a closer look and you can make out some slight features on it.

Thanks for posting them!

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hi there, am not into BF but Wow! u toke these pics ur self???
they're kinda neat! can u tell me if the BF where moving up the hill or down?
something else that i noticed of the first pic u presented of the empty forest... i c something that looks like a face too me... could be my imagination or it could be a trick of light but can anyone here look at the first pic and tell me if u c something amiss?

The pic

if u can't c it then look in the direction of the pip lying beside a dark wood, look closer at that (the dark wood)

if am seeing things then forgive me... ^_^

again cool pics!

[edit on 14-5-2007 by codex code]

[edit on 14-5-2007 by codex code]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I maybe a little late in this tread. But this expedition deal sound like a scam to me, your better off going your self. Doesn’t make to much sense to go in with lot of people seeing how the creature your searching for is very shi and elusive. Their going to take some city slickers out in the forest and make a lot of noise disturbing the wilderness around them.

I thought about doing this out of curiosity of course, but not in a expedition. You can cover more ground and maintain a stealthy approach. Anyway good luck with that if you decide to go.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think you guys are getting the price of an expedition confused with the credibility of an organization. Just because you don't agree with the price charged to go on one of their expeditions, doesn't mean it is a scam, or that BFRO is not a credible investigative organization.

I have spent hours reading BFRO's case repository and I feel they do a decent job of investigating reports. They may not do things just like you, or I, would do them, and you might think you could do it better, but that doesn't mean their intentions aren't good, or that they haven't brought value. I find BFRO's database EXTREMELY valuable.

Anyway, just wanted to add my 2 cents in because it seems like a ticket price is leading people to make accusations against a group that as far as I know has not ever done anything but credible investigative work.

[edit on 1-23-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Before going on any of the BFRO expeditions, i would recommend reading the posts concerning some of these trips www.bigfootforums.com... seems to me that when things happen around the BFRO, some of the "senior members"(especially moneymaker) seem to be missing at the same time... lots of money for some **SNIP** sneakin around makin noises dont ya think?

Mod Edit: removed profanity.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by the4bb4l4h
Before going on any of the BFRO expeditions, i would recommend reading the posts concerning some of these trips www.bigfootforums.com... seems to me that when things happen around the BFRO, some of the "senior members"(especially moneymaker) seem to be missing at the same time... lots of money for some **SNIP** sneakin around makin noises dont ya think?

Mod Edit: removed profanity.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Crakeur]

If you're going to make accusations like that then why don't you link the actual location of these stories, because sending me to a dicussion forum and saying "it's in there" doesn't really get it for me.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
www.bigfootforums.com...

sorta suspicious?

gimme a min and ill have more for ya

on why people dont like/trust the BFRO
www.bigfootforums.com...

a poll on peoples thoughts after a expedition
www.bigfootforums.com...

[edit on 23-1-2008 by the4bb4l4h]

i just googlesearched the sight for BFRO---fake and BFRO suspicious

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Overall, its your money man.. but ive been lurking for a long while at BFF, and 75% of what i hear isnt good about the BFRO. I am not affiliated with any group, I just know that if I was looking for a guide for elk, i wouldnt pay the guy thats been accused of puttin antlers on a horse, if ya get my drift

--edit for spelsl

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
...I have spent hours reading BFRO's case repository and I feel they do a decent job of investigating reports.... I find BFRO's database EXTREMELY valuable.
[edit on 1-23-2008 by Valhall]

Me, too!!

theutahbigfoothunter, thank you for sharing your pictures. I admire your work searching for Bigfoot.
Sounds like you're kind of on your own expeditions. I'll be checking back with this thread, to see if anyone who has been on one responds.
Personally, I'ld rather be with a group than alone--too scared by myself if I ever saw/heard one, I think

Maybe for you an expedition might be a way to further your work in this area?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
While I missed this thread before I can say that I also have not heard good things about these expeditions and from some pretty credible sources. Furthermore, if they already have all the equipment then what do they need your $300 for? If you could get an itemized list of what the money is spent on that would be a plus even if it does pay their monthly web hosting fees.

As for your pics, I blew the first one up and unless it was moving (was it?) it looks like a rock formation to me.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate all you bring to the forum as you should already know.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This thread was pretty interesting, thank you for posting it. Especially the links to the Bigfoot Forums. I am interesting in going looking for Bigfoot sometime, but I wasn't sure about the credibility of BFRO. If they are just a scam, I don't want anything to do with them of course. I was having a hard time finding any conclusive stuff about it; some people seem to think it's a complete scam while others think it's great. The threads I read were quite enlightening, and I think I will be using that $300 on other things, like my own equipment...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I was somewhat interested in attending one of the BFRO field trips, until I noticed that they have an absolute prohibition on firearms in their trips.

Forget bigfoot...I don't go out in the woods without some sort of firearm...bear, mountain lion, etc...are definitely out in the more remote areas. Depending on location, I think its almost criminally negligent to be unarmed...especially with a bunch of no-woodcraft newbies.

I find it curious that BFRO seems to think that anybody having firearms would "endanger everybody"...sounds almost like it would endanger BFRO insiders running around hitting trees and wearing suits...yes the wouldbe endangered by someone with a firearm.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join