It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolin the youngins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Okay, so as some of you may remember my other rants about my job at KFC, heres one that has put a smile on every face that has heard this story.
Things are going really well for me at KFC. It seems that every time I work a shift I get a customer that asks me to see the manager, and they end up telling him how nice and polite I was. I'm doing really well and my coworkers are starting to get a tad envious. Now don't get me wrong, I get along just fine with my coworkers, we joke around and have fun in general. But I've noticed that they like to talk about people behind their backs, something I noticed almost instantly when I started working there. I don't know what it is, but it really ticks me off when bad things are said about me behind my back. If you have a problem with me, grow up a bit and talk to me face to face. Don't slander me when I can't defend my self you coward.
I was working on cleaning the lobby, was just about done and I walked past the office, where 3 of my coworkers were sitting and talking since we had no customers. I heard them talking as I walked by, and heard my name mentioned. I poked my head in and they all had the "deer caught in headlights" look. Then, right away, the co-manager asked me if the lobby was done. I told him that it was almost done, I just stopped by because my ears were burning. A co-worker of mine said, "Well thats one way of putting it". I left, saying I was going to finish up and take off, did my thing and left without saying good bye.

So I go outside, it's snowing, I'm cursing, nearly yelling. I scraped off my car as ice had built up on it. And you know what I did then? I scraped the cars of my 3 co-workers. Got all the ice and snow off, took about 30 minutes. I then got into my car and pulled up to the drive through. One of my co-workers greeted me and I told him, "I just wanted to let you guys know I cleaned your cars off, so theres less work for you guys when you get off".
The dude was shocked, and thanked me. So I simply said, "Well what can I say, no mater what people say about me behind my back, I still try to be a good person". Oh god that look on his face was AWESOME! He thanked me again and I drove off.

I always believed in the term, what comes around, goes around. You know, Karma. So after these people insulted me behind my back, I went ahead and did something nice for them. I feel real good about my self right now. Say what you want about me, I am who I am, and I will continue being who I am, never mind you, you need to concentrate on your self. Oh man that sounded good, perhaps I should use that line on the co-manager or some of my co-workers. Nah, they couldn't contemplate the ideology.

So why post this in rants? Because I'm sick of people too cowardly to say what they feel to my face, and talk behind my back when I can't be there to defend my self. Well you know what? Say what you want about me, but you're still a little coward. I'll keep doing my job, getting compliments from customers, praise from the manager, and going home after every shift to drink a beer with no worries, because cowards are just that, cowards. And I could care less.
Thank you all for reading, and please take into consideration, that even if people wrong you, do something nice for them, the look of shock that cross their face is priceless.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by Slash]

Edit: I'm still laughing about the look I got. Trust me people, be nice to others even if they're mean, the "Duh-huh" look is just simply awesome. I wish I had a camera.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by Slash]

new topics

join