It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come the Media does not show the good that US soldiers do??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Goldragnet since you asked; yes soldiers are rebuilding the shcools, roads and hospitals over there. Since you asked oh so politely no our soldiers didn't blow them up. Many were destroyed by the insurgents. Oh wait, you didn't think about that did you?

You sound like a right pathetic bitter a-hole.

This is a discussion forum. You seem to have a problem that I asked a question.

I was asking in earnest were the soldiers rebuilding the schools, as someone suggested.
Have you proof many of the schools were destroyed by insurgents? There is prooof the US/UK military has blown up a hell of alot of targets that they shouldn't have.
You had no idea what slant I had in mind. I was merely pointing out the reaction most people do have when they hear a story of US soldiers supposedly doing good in Iraq.
The childish insults you made are probably a very good reflection on your character. You are one of those flag-waving patriotic american morons that the rest of the world laughs at.
The Bush admin is delighted to have lackeys like you in his country, he is raping the american people and laughing all the way to the bank, and all he has to do to get support is call on the token flag-wavers to be patriotic.

And what do you mean "we didn't start it", what are you refering to there, it appears you are saying USA didn't start the war in Iraq!!!

[edit on 31-3-2007 by golddragnet]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The bottom line is that the media is controlled by the government. They have their own agenda and you will see and hear only what they want you to see and hear. We're lucky to have the internet where we at least have a chance of getting the truth because what you see on TV and read in the newspaper is NOT the truth. Now when the government begins to censor the internet... we're screwed.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
Now when the government begins to censor the internet... we're screwed.

They are trying to censor the internet already, but I think the web has become too big for them to be able to censor it very well. For every site the close a new will open just as fast.

"The BBC reporting the WTC7 before it fell story" was an example, when that surfaced on youtube they had it removed many times, but guys just kept re-posting it, and BBC couldn't avoid the issue in the end and gave a short lame statement about it, (even though they largely ignored it).
If you look at google videos, movies like Loose Change, Freedom to Fascism, etc will regularly get in the top 100 on their list, but then they delete it, a few days later it re-appears, and so on. They will attempting closeing websites, but new ones will re-open. I think they will have too big a job to really be able to censor the internet. But in the EU and in USA they certainly are trying.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Simple - as Rush says :

Its a drive by Media......

they are not impartial anymore, they are a political organization now.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Simple - as Rush says :

Its a drive by Media......

they are not impartial anymore, they are a political organization now.

"as rush says"?

yeah, because rush limbaugh is really the best person to consult on matters regarding the media. he's actually one of the people perpetuating drive by attacks on groups and individuals

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well it depends on your perspective, he points out that the vast majority of the Media is LEFT of Center.

Such things as Sen. Feinstein telling Mr. Gonzales to fire or get rid of a Federal Attorney and then 6 months later asking why the lady was fired.

Its a double standard.

And Yes Rush is no idiot......I am not a hugs fan but he does have a lot on the ball.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet

Now when the government begins to censor the internet... we're screwed.

They are trying to censor the internet already, but I think the web has become too big for them to be able to censor it very well. For every site the close a new will open just as fast.

Actually I disagree with you that the web is too big for them to censor very well. China is already censoring the internet.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Goldragnet, your response was priceless. I'm not the one calling the names here you are. As a matter of fact yes I do know soldiers who have in fact rebuilt schools, hospitals and so on. As another poster suggested talk to actual soldiers. People like you annoy me no end self-rightious and pompous to the end. Am I bitter? No, I just bother to look at all the facts not just the ones that fit my criteria. While it is true that some soldiers have committed crimes over there the vast majority have not and I am sick and tired of people like you constantly pointing fingers with a holier then thou attitude. Remember this, when you point one finger you have three more pointing at you.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
GH,

It is just like the vitriol that was posted in reference to my post... Made by obviously uninformed and singular prejudiced individuals that care nothing for the truth...

There are numerous sites where one can go and obtain addresses to write the brave men and women there. Or just go read some of the comments from the injured at the hospitals that are begging to be allowed to stay in and finish the job...

I have friends there, good friends that one only makes when serving with them in this kind of service... Some are fighting, some are building, while others are handing out food and other necessities... Yet, some on here seem to have some insight they do not possess. Funny as they are over there....

But really it is not surprising with the prevailing attitude one finds here. Knee jerk reactions to the hours spent in front of the TV watching CNN...

Expected, but disappointing..

Semper

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
As another poster suggested talk to actual soldiers. People like you annoy me no end self-rightious and pompous to the end. Am I bitter? No, I just bother to look at all the facts not just the ones that fit my criteria. While it is true that some soldiers have committed crimes over there the vast majority have not and I am sick and tired of people like you constantly pointing fingers with a holier then thou attitude.

More BS from a knucklehead.
It was you whon started the needless insults because I merely asked the question if soldiers are actually rebuilding schools, or are outside contractors doing it.
I was asking the question if soldiers are rebuilding schools because I didn't know if they are or not. You choose to see it as some kind of attack on those soldiers, because you are a small-minded moron. You remind me of those ridiculous attack-dogs who called for Rosie O Donnel to be executed for asking questions about WTC7. The same ridiculous aggresive response to a genuine question. You had no right to insult me for merely asking the question. The same shoot the messenger type of crap.
And you also seem to be annoyed when someone mentions the crimes that US soldiers have been commiting in Iraq. Does the truth hurt you so much??? Crimes were commited, and people are going to continue to raise those topics, the people in Iraq have a right to justice just as any american has. Your reply to my question doesn't do you any credit.
And if you imagine raising questions is pompous and self-righteous then it clearly shows you have no grasp as to what those words really mean.
You definitely sound like a bitter pathetic individual, whether you are or not, that is how it comes across. I laugh at people like you. Wave your flag and turn a blind eye to the atrocities commited, GW Bush told you Iraqi people are your enemy,so it must be true. Sweep the crimes under the carpet and concentrate on rebuilding the schools that were destroyed as a result of the War USA started in the first place. I don't think anyone deserves any extra credit for trying to restore what they are partly responsible for destroying in the first place.
I never had a "holier than thou" attitude, but in this context that you mention, I would be proud to have a holier than thou attitude, I never murdered or raped anyone, or tortured anyone, the US military in Iraq collectively, can't claim the same thing. In fact it would turn my stomach to start listing all the crimes that they commited that has been reported, never mind to think about the crimes they commited which haven't been reported. If in this context, holier than thou, means I am not an evil twisted murdering rapist, then I am happy to be holier than them.

[edit on 1-4-2007 by golddragnet]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The bottom line is that the media is controlled by the government. They have their own agenda and you will see and hear only what they want you to see and hear. We're lucky to have the internet where we at least have a chance of getting the truth because what you see on TV and read in the newspaper is NOT the truth. Now when the government begins to censor the internet... we're screwed.

I am not disagreeing. However, why would the government put so much negativity about the war campaign on TV if what you said is completely true?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Among the positives cited by McCarter are soldiers building roads, working with water treatment facilities, building schools, and delivering school supplies.

I wish someone would invade us. We need help.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Personally I think the media has a goal and its going to accomplish it by bashing those in charge of the military anyway it can.

They havent been just reporting the news for at least the past 3-5 years. Everybody has a slant one way or another. The media lacks the character of the News organizations of the past who you could trust to tell the unbiased truth no matter who was at fault.

RANT- I wish some would "TRY" should be what you said. Do you really think there aren't several countries who would try if they thought we wouldn't lay waste to them, their friends, people they know, someone they met it college in retaliation.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am inclined to agree with you on that one.

Though I was not in favour of the war/invasion in the first place (I think they should have taken out the 'butcher of Baghdad' the first time around, in 1991)....yet I think that we have now got to stay the course, and not leave Iraq as a 'failed state'

And, as regards the media portraying only the bad things soldiers do....yes...I agree that this is often the case.

Soldiers can't choose where they go and fight, for one thing. And, more importantly, there have been many, many documented examples of coalition soldiers helping wounded enemy fighters after they have been subdued.

This is not often the case on the other side of the fence, where these islamic murderers seem to take great delight in cutting off the heads of living captives, or anyone who they see as collaborating with the enemy.

This is utterly barbaric, in my view, and completely indefensible from the standpoint of a human being..........what 'god' would delight in 'it's' followers perpetrating such a thing?

The British and American soldiers are a thousand times more humane than these islamic butchers, in my opinion, and I would not like to fall into their hands. They should be wiped out like the scum that they are....murdering swines.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man
The British and American soldiers are a thousand times more humane than these islamic butchers, in my opinion, and I would not like to fall into their hands. They should be wiped out like the scum that they are....murdering swines.

What an ignorant small-minded, totally hypocritical, racist remark.
You call Islamic people people murdering scum, and in the same sentence call for them all the be murdered!!! What does that say about you? Are you any better than murdering scum if that is what you are calling for.

The British hostages in Iran appear to be doing alot better than the Iraqi prisoners who ended up in Abu Ghraib when the invadering army took control of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man

What an ignorant small-minded, totally hypocritical, racist remark.
You call Islamic people people murdering scum, and in the same sentence call for them all the be murdered!!! What does that say about you? Are you any better than murdering scum if that is what you are calling for.

The British hostages in Iran appear to be doing alot better than the Iraqi prisoners who ended up in Abu Ghraib when the invadering army took control of it.

I stick by my remark. Anybody who cuts off the head of another human being (instead of taking them prisoner) while shouting 'god is great' in arabic, deserves only the punishment of a murderer in my opinion.

The British hostages in Iran cannot be compared to the untold number of people, both muslim or otherwise, who have been beheaded by these islamic murderers.

And, yes, I do call for them to be treated like the murderous scum that they are. They are the aggressors, in my opinion (even if they did not start the war.......which is debatable from any point of view). But they are aggressors if they treat other human beings like that. I have NO sympathy for them.

Are you an islamist, btw?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You're not very enlightened are you, probably never read the Bible, or if you did the message Jesus gave was certainly lost on you.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
With reference to my remarks posted above......

In order to clarify.....I am certainly against all kinds of gratuitous violence, whether perpetrated by islamic or ''Christian' armies. There is simply NO NEED for it in today's so-called 'CIVILIZED' society.

Civilized? HA!!

But people should respect the sanctity of life, in my opinion. These victims have wives, mothers, children, etc, and should NOT have their heads cut off like dogs.

Yes, I maintain that there IS a difference between so-called 'collateral damage' (a term which I find unfortunate, by the way), since these casualties are, for the main part, unavoidable and unintentional.

But to take a captive human being, who you have in your absolute control, and then to cut off his head, like a dog (or worse), is simply inexcusable, in my view.

Anybody who does that should be treated like the murderous scum that they are, whether they be 'Christian' or 'Muslim'....

It just so happens that this thing happens as a matter of course in the muslim idealogy. In fact, it is regarded as a sacred duty.

Scum that they are.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You're not very enlightened are you, probably never read the Bible, or if you did the message Jesus gave was certainly lost on you.

What??......I've read the bible.

I am more inclined to lean towards mercy, hence my abhorance of the cutting off of heads of captive prisoners.

If I was a soldier in whatever army, I would use the captive either to get information about the enemies intentions, or as a bargaining tool.........

I would NOT cut off his head!!!...........while screaming 'god is great'

What message would Jesus give?

And, just as an afterthought..........whose hands would YOU rather fall into....mine, or theirs?

[edit on 3-4-2007 by Old Man]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
considering that you label all Islamic people murdering scum and you call for all of them to be murdered, then you can harldy take any sort of moral high-ground, you want them all murdered, not much difference between either of you then, the only difference is that you wouldn't cut their heads off first, but the end result is pretty much the same, you are advocating murder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join