It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits To Be Paraded On TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

news.sky.com

Updated: 14:37, Wednesday March 28, 2007

The British sailors and marines being held in Iran are to be paraded on television - but the female sailor who was captured could be released "today or tomorrow."

Turkish TV has quoted the Iranian foreign minister as saying Faye Turney could be freed within hours.

And an Arabic Iranian broadcaster says it will show footage of the captives on television.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Speechless..

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This is quite humiliating. You have to applaud Iran though: By releasing the female hostage and yet parading the remaining marines on television, they seem to have mastered the ability to balance on a thread-thick line.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by noyhcat]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have no applause for Iran. I hope the Iranian people wake up and retake control of their government.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If this is their stance - then may the rains of HELL pour down upon their heads
Which will likely be the case within days, not weeks.

They've asked for it - now they're about to get it!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yes kozmo, you'll get your war, hope you've enlisted or are you waiting to be drafted?

The current series of events is simply foreplay for warpigs. We are seeing publicity stunts perpetrated by both 'sides'. They intend to frustrate and antagonize the average Joe Shmoe (see above) into accepting an onslaught of aggression in which many average Joe Shmoes are going to die.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
More of the "Hope you've enlisted" horsecrap!!!

I did enlist - when I was a young enough man to enlist - but was not accepted on medical issues! Why must I now "enlist" if I believe that we are nearing a point where words alone will not resolve this issue? I will fight for my country if called upon, but this military will not be interested in an older man with medical problems like me.

Are you ignorant enough to believe that only those in service have the right to an opinion on the matter? I am a voting taxpayer! I am a United States citizen - I believe those alone give me the right to have my opinion.
Are you forgetting that we have an all VOLUNTEER military? Nobody has been drafted or conscripted to fight anyone's wars for them!

I do not desire a war with anyone, however I do desire a safe world. It is becoming painfully obvious to me that Iran cares not a whit for the laws or desire of the rest of the world. They have UN resolutions requiring them to STOP urnaium enrichment - ignored. They have illegally kidnapped UK military personnel operating legally under UN mandate. They have ended their cooperation with the IAEA as required by the NPT. They have repeatedly failed to notify the UN of advances in their nuclear program - which violates international law! They are active supporters of HAMAS and Hezbollah. Couple that with their own president's call for the fall or elimination of Israel and you have a recipe for a rogue regime that is dangerous to global security - especially if their intention is to possess nuclear weapons, which may be the case. In any event, I'll err on the side of precaution on such an issue.

How much longer are you willing to allow this lawlessness to continue? I would surmise just long enough to see a mushroom cloud rise up over your city? Give me a freaking break!

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sorry kozmo, you'd better brush up on your history if you want to debate which country breaks the most international laws. But, anyway, yes I do think the people who cheer the loudest should go in first. Just remember it's a long drive from Ignorance USA to Quagmire Iran, so pack a big lunch.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Sorry kozmo, you'd better brush up on your history if you want to debate which country breaks the most international laws. But, anyway, yes I do think the people who cheer the loudest should go in first. Just remember it's a long drive from Ignorance USA to Quagmire Iran, so pack a big lunch.

Too Funny!

Oh, yes... please do EDUCATE me Shar. Yes, please show me the "history" of who exactly is breaking international laws.
I will be anxiously awaiting your report that shows me how little I know about history!

Sounds like you know a bit about good ole "Ignorance USA" - It appears that you've taken up permanent residence.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well Kozmo, as someone who has lived in Vietnam, Korea and now in Central America I have witnessed first hand the imperial legacy of the United States.

Back on topic. Yes, it is foreplay for warmongers. I think Iran have shown great restraint in this matter. I truly believe that Iran does not want to engage in warfare with the "West".

At least we will get to see that the soldiers are alive if we get to see them on T.V. Fair play to them for releasing or intending to release the woman.

Diplomacy is the mark of a civilised world.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
More current discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the current discussion.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join