It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET's religion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Or maybe the aliens are trying to save us from empty worship of a god created to support the status quo, keep the surfs in line, and keep the monarchs and oppulent in power.

I doubt ET's have any religion.

"God is a dream of good Government"

link   
Well, I for one certainly hope that the ETs — when and if they ever go public — are not "scientific" in the same way humans are scientific. I hope they don't admire our greatest scientists, who have left us a legacy of poorly executed half-thoughts.

What we know as the Scientific Method is only about six centuries old, and it's half-baked at the very best. We employ our Science to achieve specific goals, but we seemingly don't go all the way to ensure that our scientific advances are in harmony with our environment. I'm willing to venture that you can't name even one product of human Science that doesn't have a serious environmental drawback in either its production, distribution or implementation. I don't care if you're talking about transportation, energy production, medicine, communications, or whatever... It always comes at a cost that compromises the environment in unforseen ways.

Harnessing electricity and putting it to use, for example, was one of Mankind's greatest triumphs — until we discovered we were creating potentially hazardous electromagnetic fields that enveloped us in almost every aspect of our lives. Another example is the internal combustion engine, which became the workhorse of Mankind, and in the process has polluted our atmosphere to near intolerable levels. And, of course, there is the magic of modern medicine, which has enabled our human population to explode beyond our capacity to sustain it into Earth's future.

To all appearances, these and many other wonderful scientific achievements are only half-thought-out "quick fixes" that have positively dreadful consequences for our species and for all life on this planet. And that is the hallmark of our species — creating larger and more toxic messes that we didn't foresee and that we can't possibly repair. Welcome to Earth.

No, I don't believe that any extraterrestrial intelligence capable of visiting us and interacting with us will perceive our "science" and "mathematics" and our soaring technological achievements as anything more than short-sighted and addle-brained child's play. To an ET, it might appear that our "greatest scientists" are like chimpanzees that have learned how to boil water, at best, and that the rest of us spend our days boiling water to answer all of life's demands — Got a rash? Pour boiling water on it. Crabgrass in your lawn? Boiling water. International terrorists? Retaliate with boiling water. Space travel? Boiling water.

I mean, that's how primitive our best Science may appear to them.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/27/2007 by Doc Velocity]

link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
The point is that the aliens are no better. Just because they have technology that is more advanced than our own does not make them better. Spiritually, they are evil.

How do you know this? How can you be certain? Have you never encountered an abduction report that didn't negatively impact the abductee? Are all aliens "evil' or just a few races?

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inca_Roads

The point is that the aliens are no better. Just because they have technology that is more advanced than our own does not make them better. Spiritually, they are evil.

How do you know this? How can you be certain? Have you never encountered an abduction report that didn't negatively impact the abductee? Are all aliens "evil' or just a few races?

Just going by the evidence. Abductees have some terrifying experiences to tell. Here is a bit of unsolicited advice...if the aliens ever invite you aboard their ship...DON'T GO!!

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

And what about religion?

That is what I want to know at this moment, what do you think about alien religion?

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Just going by the evidence. Abductees have some terrifying experiences to tell. Here is a bit of unsolicited advice...if the aliens ever invite you aboard their ship...DON'T GO!!

Im sure when scientist tranquilize a large cats to run tests and track such a animal its a terrifying experience for the Cat. They are Drugged have biological samples taken and even tagged and remotely monitored.

I dont think anyone would claim scientists are doing such with evil intent. Infact scientist that do such work are doing it to understand better and conserve such animals.

Such actions in my opinion do not automatically equal evil intent.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Im sure when scientist tranquilize a large cats to run tests and track such a animal its a terrifying experience for the Cat. They are Drugged have biological samples taken and even tagged and remotely monitored.

I dont think anyone would claim scientists are doing such with evil intent. Infact scientist that do such work are doing it to understand better and conserve such animals.

Such actions in my opinion do not automatically equal evil intent.

The scientists do not rape and impregnate the animals as the aliens do to humans. And, while we are on the subject of animals, the aliens mutilate farm animals without permission from the rancher and dump their carcasses on the field like trash. The aliens demonstrate contempt for all living things.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The scientists do not rape and impregnate the animals as the aliens do to humans.

Wrong again.
Scientists impregnate and toy with their genetics all the time. I'm sorry if this come as a shock to you.

You have some 'interesting' points of view regarding aliens and abductions, speaking as if you know their agenda based on some alledged abductions reports and your own faith.

The most curious aspect of your words, however, is that although you claim that the aliens want to enslave us and be our gods, I can't help but wonder that your thoughts are already enslaved by your own religion.

Have you ever been abducted? Do you have any proof of what you are saying? Or you're expecting people to do a "blind leap of faith" as it seems you already have regarding this matter.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
And what about religion? That is what I want to know at this moment, what do you think about alien religion?

Well, I wanted to address the "science" angle first, as a great many folks out there seem to be laboring under the delusion that we humans and the ETs may be only a few hundred years separated in technology. The greater likelihood is the ETs (if they are a separate and indeed exotic species) are several evolutionary steps above us, which may separate our cultures and technologies by millions of years, such that our best human scientific achievements may seem as simplistic as our religions. Maybe more so.

And another reason I wanted to speak to the scientific aspect is that we humans have used science as a substitute for religion, at least on a personal level, and as an excuse for not believing in God. Today, for example, a great many atheists and scientists will gladly admit that they don't believe in God but that they do believe in science — even though Science and the scientific method are only a few centuries old, compared to the major religions which have received thousands of years of intellectual consideration before Science arrived on the scene.

This is where it gets a little more interesting, for me, anyway... It appears that our species, throughout our history on Earth, has always gravitated to the miraculous, and has consistently created religions in every age, in every culture, right up to the present. Some have said that we are "hardwired" for spirituality, and I can almost buy that — if it contributed to our success as a species (and it did, obviously), then we would be fools to try to close off that area of our minds from exploration.

If intelligent species in this universe do gravitate to spirituality by natural design, then I would imagine that the ETs — being a million years ahead of us evolutionarily — would be that much more spiritual, as well. I doubt that they could drive you to God's doorstep, but they would have much more fully explored their spirituality and incorporated it into every aspect of their lives — including their science.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Thanks for answering, Doc Velocity.

And I understand your opinion about science, many people see it almost like a religion.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If ET has religion, then I'll beat it with a stick.

There has got to be some form of intelligence in the Universe that has progressed beyond tribal chants, believing in fairy-tale books and a willingness to submit to being controlled.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I doubt that advanced aliens have religion like we do, I am not saying that they don't believe in some form of God, but religion is one of the biggest things keeping us from knowing about the universe, and living in peace. So I think that if God exists, they would understand that you can't separate spirituality and science, and wouldn’t tell each other that God would send them to hell if they didn’t believe the right things about God.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

There has got to be some form of intelligence in the Universe that has progressed beyond tribal chants, believing in fairy-tale books and a willingness to submit to being controlled.

Why does Religion have to be any of those things? A Alien religion could simply be a set of beliefs and practices that includes none of that, No creator, no chants, not books etc..

It could be something as simple as them considering "all life" with respect and them trying to live their lives with what they consider good values.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hmm.. this is an interesting question. It is plausible that if there are advanced species out there (which there most likely are) that they might have developed a questioning of where they came from just as we have. Of course there is the possibility that they have more info than we do about how the universe came to be.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If we are going to assume that ET's are enough like us that they also invented Religion, my vote has to be that they dumped it a long time ago.

Religion has been the number one killer of humans for all of recorded history. If we don't dump Religion, I can't see how our race can live long enough to develop the technology necessary to travel the stars.

Why think ET's could survive if they hadn't dumped Religion a Long time ago?

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Firstly let me state that i do not believe in God.

However, if there is a god, whats to say ET's arent gods chosen race? Whos to say that God doesnt converse with them constantly or that they dont share his presence?

In that light, as doc V said, they would be MORE religious than we.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hlesterjerome
Religion has been the number one killer of humans for all of recorded history.

Some Religions are responsible for large amounts of human deaths but you are incorrect to imply Religion as a whole is. There has been many different religions on our small planet.

For example how about Buddhism a major global religion. How many wars and deaths has it been responsible for?

The first of the five precepts that all Buddhists should follow is "Avoid killing, or harming any living thing." Nothing in Buddhist scripture gives any support to the use of violence as a way to resolve conflict. Many Buddhists have refused to take up arms under any circumstances, even knowing that they would be killed as a result

The actions of a small minority in some religions doesn't fairly reflect all Religions and should not taint your views on them all.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

What we know as the Scientific Method is only about six centuries old, and it's half-baked at the very best. We employ our Science to achieve specific goals, but we seemingly don't go all the way to ensure that our scientific advances are in harmony with our environment. I'm willing to venture that you can't name even one product of human Science that doesn't have a serious environmental drawback in either its production, distribution or implementation.

While you're correct in a sense, that the implementation of our science ("technology") can have negative consequences, the principles of the science itself are nearly immutable. For example, the Theory of Gravity and Theory of Evolution are both exceedingly easy to prove wrong, but all evidence ever gathered supports both theories. This is good science, philosophically. Nuclear and atom bombs are good science, in principle, although are used in horrible ways and may lead to our destruction.

My only point here is that the scientific method itself is the best tool we have to learn about reality. Old books, prophets, and oracles most certainly pale in comparison. It's the technology itself that you seem to have issues with, but that has less to do with the principles of science than it does with the beings who implement scientific principles into workable technology.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

And what about religion?

That is what I want to know at this moment, what do you think about alien religion?

Personally I would like to think they view god the way I do. The creator of life and the universe as a whole. However they may know more about the creation of the universe and what space is and how it got there. With space I am talking about pre big bang. I would think in general they would have a more scientific understanding of god or maybe they are pure athiest.
Evolution is part of life and occurs due to enviroment and genetic mutations. Man or ET was not created in gods image we just evolved to what we are today.

This is a very complexe question and one of the main reasons that we do not have disclosure today or anywhere near the horizon in the future.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
The first of the five precepts that all Buddhists should follow is "Avoid killing, or harming any living thing."

So, all Buddhists are vegetarians?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join