It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Hexagon Spotted On Saturn

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hexagram:

The number 6 is attributed to the Planet Saturn.
Saturn is 6th of the nine planets in distance from the sun.
Saturday is the 6th day of the week
Man was created on the 6th day.
Saturday is the day of Saturn as well.
Saturday is the Jewish Sabbot.
Saturn, shabtai, which comes from Shabbat, and the word
"Satur" or "Saturn's day."
The famous Jewish Symbol is a 6 pointed symbol; the Hexagram. Wow, what a strange coincidence.
Apis: Another name for Saturn, "the hidden one". The calf Apis, known in Egypt as Hepi, or Hapi/Hapy, mystically representative of Osiris." The Golden Calf of Osiris worshiped by the Jews during the Exodus was Saturn?

Someone has go to be able to find more interesting connections.. well, enjoy.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Yes, it's all of the above, with this addition.
It's caused by crazyness...
because there's so much about the universe that we don't understand, nor are we capable of understanding...
so this is caused by the crazyness of things that we don't understand.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Good thing it wasn't a pentagon or there would be lot of freaked out people.

It's more freaky as a hexagon. Saturn is planet #6.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hey look, something weird that we can't properly investigate yet. Lets blame alien technology and other things with equal merit.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The hexagon, a six pointed star, is an interesting symbol to appear on Saturn, from which the word Satan is derived. The ancient Egyptians and Romans worshipped Saturn...and it's symbol was the six pointed star. Maybe this symbol has appeared before on Saturn?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The skunkworks boys will have a junket spitting fest with this one! LOL
"Its a massive behive city where the insectoids live!"

On a more serious note, does it look the same as the last shot or has it grown/shrunk with time?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

You have voted Tom Bedlam for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
Almost looks like a Chladni pattern. Maybe the winds hit the right note!

This is the neatest answer I have seen for this so far, excellent thinking Tom…
Maybe its not that the winds have hit the right note, but rather some sort of vibration is causing it. Isn’t there a natural vibration, which we call a frequency, to all radiated energy? So has something changed in that vibration either on the planet or in space? Could this be an effect from a change in radiated energy since the Suns magnetic poles shifted? Could this be related to the changes in other planets that many folks attribute to the solar system warming?

Interesting idea, interesting topic, anyone here have any thoughts along this line?

For anyone that does not know what a Chladni Pattern is:

You know you can make the same patterns in water by placing a bucket full of it on the metal plate shown above and submitting it to varying frequencies. The gas giants are the same as a big bucket of water; they are gases that as they get denser further in, become liquid, and possibly solids toward the middle. So basically we are looking at the same kind of set up were the planet is the bucket of water, and the solar system is the metal plate.

[edit on 3/28/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Somebody said that people would Freak if it was a PENTagon..

No matter people can use the same analogy and freak just as well!!

Hexagonal shapes are prevalent in nature, I agree, but 9 out of 10 cases have biological relevances.
Hexagonal shapes in clouds sure is .. different..
Then again we have amazing patterns on snowflakes at times

No mountains on Saturn either.

Magnetic lines of force seems to be the closest plausible explanation.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Here is a great link to more information.
New Scientist - Equal Sided Hexagon hovers above saturn!

They clearly state that this has never been seen in nature before.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Could it maybe have something to do with the planets gravity? I don't know anything about weather or formations, it's just an idea. Maybe the planet's gravity or magnetism is equally distributed at the pole so it holds clouds in certain positions or something? As I say, I don't have a clue about this sort of thing so let me know if i'm talking c**p lol

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
Here is a great link to more information.
New Scientist - Equal Sided Hexagon hovers above saturn!

They clearly state that this has never been seen in nature before.

How can that be when you take into consideration things such as the Chladni Patterns shown above? They obviously occur in nature. Animals grow shells in the same pattern, rocks form in the same pattern, crystals form in that pattern, and Bees/wasps form cones in that pattern…

These are all natural events, thus how can they say it does not occur in nature. I think some scientist needs his license pulled for making a remark that silly.

[edit on 3/28/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
When I think natural hexagons, I think mudcracks, like you'd find in a dry lakebed. For some reason, the pattern you get when there is contraction in all directions in a thick semi-fluid like mud is somewhat hexagonal.

To have Saturn's thick atmosphere forming a hexagon at the darkened and colder North Pole might actually make sense in that light.

Actually, as much as I hate to agree with you Vagabond, you make a darn good point.
But I ask the question again, assuming that the clouds are similar in nature to the clouds here on earth, meaning that they are gaseous, and can be formed and reformed with winds, what would make them hold a shape like that for decades?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Actually, as much as I hate to agree with you Vagabond, you make a darn good point.
But I ask the question again, assuming that the clouds are similar in nature to the clouds here on earth, meaning that they are gaseous, and can be formed and reformed with winds, what would make them hold a shape like that for decades?

They are gaseous only at the topmost levels. However; as you go down further, due to the extreme gravitational forces on a planet of that size, they become denser. So at some level the gasses are liquid, and eventually solid.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
Well we can blame the masonists and everyday deceit of black sun worship (saturn).

Are you trying to say that this is a "Masonic conspiracy." Oh,my God!!
Ayeron, not to make fun of what you are insinuating, but you are joking, right?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This is one of the most interesting threads on this site in a while. Alot of good ideas/theories have been mentioned.

There are alot on this site (not necessarily this thread) who believe NASA is a waste of time and money....

Does a find like this justify the NASA program?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
IMHO Tom Bedlam and defcon5 have come up with one of the best suggestions yet on it. The Vagabond also gave a good suggestion.

It could be powered by some sound that the atmospheric conditions are creating there.

No hollow earth, aliens or Satan #6 nonsense though. That's just plain ridiculous and unsubstantiated.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
As TheBandit was saying in an earlier post the Golden Ratio which is part of the fibonacci sequence is common in nature.

The honeycomb is a classic example of a hexagon in nature.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
As TheBandit was saying in an earlier post the Golden Ratio which is part of the fibonacci sequence is common in nature.

The honeycomb is a classic example of a hexagon in nature.

The only problem is that these are created by Living organisms with
a brain or some sort of intelligence.

can the same thing be siad about a gas cloud?

[edit on 28-3-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ice crystals are another good example of natural hexagons

It's pretty irrational to automatically assume that this was done by some form of intelligence any more than to assume that every snowflake was designed by an intelligence.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Ice crystals are another good example of natural hexagons

It's pretty irrational to automatically assume that this was done by some form of intelligence any more than to assume that every snowflake was designed by an intelligence.

I agree, I only want someone in the scientific community to replicate this phenomena with a gas cloud, and keep this shape for a prolonged amount of time , as 21 years is a bit too long to wait.

Im just waiting the official scientific explanation, if any during my lifetime.

[edit on 3/28/2007 by a1ex]

Mod Note: You don't have to quote the whole post, including the picture.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by TheBandit795]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join