It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you volunteer to time travel?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If you could volunteer to go on time travel missions to help the human
race, would you, and why?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Time traveling only creates problems.

***Courtesy is mandatory***

[edit on 25-3-2007 by HarlemHottie]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'd go back in time if it were possible to only watch and listen without effecting anything. The amount of history that I'd be able to learn would be incredible. Although I agree that it's best not to change anything at all, that could cause all sorts of problems. So I you wind up asking yourself if a butterfly flapped it's wings in China could it cause a hurricane in Florida?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joshua Crick
Time traveling only creates problems. None of you would have the mental maturity to comprehend the amount of damage it could do.

And when you reply with posts saying you have a great deal of maturity, that pretty much proves your ignorance.

Well since you know all about time travelling why dont you go on and tell us about your time travelling adventures?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
id like to go back in time.

but i think human nature would make us want to change things like maybe help a family member win the lottery or to help someone assassinate hitler or stop jack the ripper for a few examples.

i think time travel should be left to the imagination

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin

i think time travel should be left to the imagination

i disagree. I think it should be made real.

i would volunteer to go on time travel missions to help the human
race because it would be cool.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I agree that time travel would be amazing if you couldn't change anything. It would be very interesting to watch history.

-ONIAG

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joshua Crick
Time traveling only creates problems. None of you would have the mental maturity to comprehend the amount of damage it could do.

And when you reply with posts saying you have a great deal of maturity, that pretty much proves your ignorance.

What condecending trash are you on about anyway? Timedrifter only posed a simple question, one that we have probably all asked ourselves at one time or another. And you flame the guy with attitude like that? Puhlease.

Yes, I would volunteer to go, but as an observer only. Perhaps a holographic projection of sorts. It would be completley cool to view history in the present, and perhaps get a better understanding of myself and the world in the process.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by timedrifter
If you could volunteer to go on time travel missions to help the human
race, would you, and why?

No.

Why is time travel necessary? Maybe the answer to this would change my mind.

If time travel were possible, it would not be used to alter the course of history on a specific timeline because the technology would be available to others with different ideas who would be doing the same thing. You get into all kinds of mess if that were reality because for every action you take to change reality, someone else can undo it. Or try to. At what point would you be finished?

Time travel has a purpose but you can't change a timeline with it. It's primary purposes are education of a group or individual and secondly, entertainment.

Oh, I should add that this is opinion.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just wanted to thank you all for your responses thus far and I would like to point out that there is no right or wrong answer as far as I am concerned, this is a hypothetical question.
thanks again.

peace

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Count me in. I think that if I do, I would go around stepping on stuff, talking to people and telling them what numbers to use for the lottery, stop myself from eating those black beans I had the other day, stop a war or three, you know just the regular stuff. Shake things up a little.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Maybe we are all ready, but just don't know it.

Quantum Hyperspace Project - Planetary Time Jumps
Snip~
These are the reasons:

a. A large impactor (asteroid) will strike the earth, causing a mass extinction event.
b. A very large CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) will be released from the sun, causing a serious threat to all life on earth.
c. There is an anticipated invasion from an alien race.

In any event, we KNOW that these PTJs are taking place. It is difficult to conceive of how certain governments on earth would respond, IF these are being generated without their knowledge or consent.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Absolutely no chance.

As much as I would really love to volunteer, I know that I'd be too scared. In my ideal world, someone else would be the first to go, and then when they get back I'd be the first to know.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If there was a chance that I could contribute to this planet in a meaningful and significant way I would do it.

And if there was a chance that I could prevent unspeakable horrors from being perpetrated against human beings I would not hesitate to go.

No question.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yeah, why not?
I don't care if it messed things up, it's not like it could screw them up anymore.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
just thought id say that, in my opinion, its impossible to change the past through time travel because if we was able to travel back and forth through time than we already would have travelled back and forth through time because if we could go into the past then we already would have done it...right?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
just thought id say that, in my opinion, its impossible to change the past through time travel because if we was able to travel back and forth through time than we already would have travelled back and forth through time because if we could go into the past then we already would have done it...right?
I think we are living with the outcome of exactly what you described, I think the timeline we are on now has been altered and we are putting that future together here, moving forward.

in past interviews I had a portion I called "their future, my past", I think this message board and many others are part of it.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hypothetically-

No. Little thing called The Law of Unintended Consequences. You could easily end up creating a much bigger mess than already existed. Which would be inevitable if it weren't just hypothetical.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Hypothetically-

No. Little thing called The Law of Unintended Consequences. You could easily end up creating a much bigger mess than already existed. Which would be inevitable if it weren't just hypothetical.

Yeah but then people could travel into the past/future and fix them, haha. Kidding.

I don't think humans were meant to meddle with time. I mean, imagine how one person's adventure would affect the other 6 billion people in the world. Doesn't sound very fair to me.

Grim said something similar in the religion subforum:

Say you stop AIDS from ever starting by going into the past and giving them the medicine of the future. Everyone is cured of AIDS and it will never re-appear on planet Earth! However, because AIDS medicine is no longer needed, you prevent certain medications from being created which would lead to a medical breakthrough that finds a cure for cancer, so you save 100 million peoples' lives and destroy 500 million peoples' lives.

Oops?? Want to go back into the past and try again and risk destroying man kind even more??

Yeah, life would be all kinds of weird if time travel was put in the hands of the wrong person... Imagine some insane psychopath killer on his biggest and most memorable killing spree -- in the past!! He kills 100 people. Poof! Cindy at Kroger disappears while sacking someone's groceries! And Marcus, the new president of the United States who's just about to sign a peace treaty with the Middle East!

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
no, i would not even consider time travel, because the past is aready done, if you didn't like the choices you or anyone made then you should have done or tried to do something about it, and what makes you think that you would do anything different, or if you would be able to do anything different. As far as the future; the future is what you make it, to try and change it would take away either your own or someone elses free will of choice.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join