It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was this cop thinking?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by souls

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas

I agree with another poster on here who said if this was a milkman, taxi driver or what have you the headline wouldn't have had their job title included. But I guess it doesn't garner as much attention.

I also agree, but a milkman, nor a taxi driver have sworn to "protect and serve"

I agree ... officers should hold themselves to a higher standard and if they can't they should expect the public to. This particular case is about have no standards ... there's just no excuse for this situation.

I was mainly commenting on the way media presents a story and decides what is news worthy. This might not have even made the local Chicago news if it wasn't for the fact that this was an off duty cop and because of that one fact it becomes national news.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well, I guess they decided this was news worthy. It made national news. He's not even a cop.

101 year old gets punched

101 year old gets punched

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
A good thing about all of the police making headlines (about 1/2 dozen in my area), the good-ole-boy network, aka "Blue Shield", is strained beyond its limits. They attempted to cover the tracks of one officer in a city not too far from mine, and introduced a strain. Now, they can't cover something as simple as an off duty officer leaving the scene of an accident he was involved in while intoxicated. The city lawyers won't even touch it.

I'd be looking for signs of trouble; i.e., extreme senses of violence because officer xxx-16b couldn't get out of trouble. So now, they're going to take it to the streets and vindicate him.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This is another example why women should take up martial arts training and learn to fight dirty....

the stuff you are not taught in 'class'.

footage is shocking!

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- Authorities are investigating claims that six off-duty Chicago police officers were captured on video assaulting four men in a bar, the second report of police involved in an assault to surface in a week.

Adam Mastrucci, Scott Lowrance and brothers Aaron and Barry Gilfand were playing pool at the Jefferson Tap and Grille on December 15 when the off-duty officers attacked them, their attorney Steven Fine said.

Patrol officers responded to a 911 call, but left after speaking to one of the off-duty officers, Fine said. One of the four men required reconstructive surgery for a broken nose and another had broken ribs, Fine said.

Lawyers did not say what may have prompted the alleged incident.

Stress, drugs, under-pay, need for psych profiles,...

It's getting dangerous. I'm now confirmed in my second guessing of dialing 911 for an emergency. May get the living crap beat out of me.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join