It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Programs Listed in FY2008 Budget

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Heres a list of all the Special Access Programs (Black Projects) I could spot in the P-1 and R-1 of the 2008 US budget request along with the amount of money requested.

Air Force:
SEEK EAGLE - $22969
SPACE ARCHITECT - $0

Navy:
PILOT FISH - $132131
RETRACT LARCH - $89601 (mysteriously also gets an extra $22365 from the Office of the Secretary of Defense)
RETRACT JUNIPER - $37405
CHALK EAGLE - $211201
CHALK CORAL - $28297
RETRACT MAPLE - $346144
LINK PLUMERIA - $88748
RETRACT ELM - $79144
LINK EVERGREEN - $31607
COBRA JUDY - $132679

Office of the Secretary of Defense:
THERMAL VICAR - $7822

Army:
TRACTOR HIP - $4367
TRACTOR HIKE -$12633
TRACTOR ROSE - $6526
TRACTOR CAGE - $18448 + $15455
TRACTOR CARD - $6514

Defense Information Systems Agency (dont know if this is a SAP but it has an interesting name!):
Teleport Program - $5798

Anybody recognise any of these names from any other research they are doing etc? You never know, one of these could be the next Aurora!

Cheers

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I already posted a thread that is similar to yours a few days ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Strikes me a lot of those amounts are quite small - would only get a couple of the famous NASA hammers and toilet seats.

I would expect Black ops to be asking for sums in the millions not in the thousands, only my opionion tho.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
ATS member Bothered posted this as well

www.designation-systems.net...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Strikes me a lot of those amounts are quite small - would only get a couple of the famous NASA hammers and toilet seats.

I would expect Black ops to be asking for sums in the millions not in the thousands, only my opionion tho.

I assume the posted values are in thousands
1,000 = one thousand thousand = (1 million)

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
I assume the posted values are in thousands
1,000 = one thousand thousand = (1 million)

I thought that as well but its not explicitly stated so I elft it out for discussion.

That also means that projects such as RETRACT MAPLE are getting funding heading for half a billion dollars annually. A big project to say the least!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So was senior prom etc all listed in a similar fashion? And we don't have info on these projects do we?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Good list! However, I supect this isn't all of the SAP's in the budget. One thing I can almost garintee you that is missing from this list are the Waved Programs.

Waved Programs are SAP that are so secret that the program security managers can wave the normal breifing reqirements for a SAP and bypass some of the people who normally be in the loop. The term Waved comes from the fact that they can Wave the normal breifing requirements for a Special Access Program.

Tim

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I wonder if "seek eagle" is a recon version of the F-15...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
SEEK EAGLE is a program for aircraft stores certification at Eglin Air Force Base, Florida. It involves the incorporation of every new weapon and pod onto USAF aircraft.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
PILOT FISH - Navy research and developmnet, test and evaluation program dating back to 1980s

CHALK CORAL - Navy strategic nuclear special access program started in mid-1980s

COBRA JUDY - AN/SPQ-11 ship-based phased array radar installed on U.S.S. Observation Island (AG 154) in 1981

THERMAL VICAR - PACOM special access program

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
Good list! However, I supect this isn't all of the SAP's in the budget. One thing I can almost garintee you that is missing from this list are the Waved Programs.

Waved Programs are SAP that are so secret that the program security managers can wave the normal breifing reqirements for a SAP and bypass some of the people who normally be in the loop. The term Waved comes from the fact that they can Wave the normal breifing requirements for a Special Access Program.

Obviously I never thought I had a complete list, but these must be the least classified of all SAPs.

Great info Shadowhawk, any ideas why a radar installed in 1981 is still recieving ~$132,000 or $132,000,000?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm guessing the radar system is expensive to maintain and operate, but it must be considered critical enough to be worth the expense.

USNS Observation Island operates worldwide, monitoring compliance with strategic arms treaties and supporting U.S. military weapons test programs. It carries the phased-array radar system for collecting data on missile tests. The vessel is operated by Military Sealift Command for the U.S. Air Force Technical Applications Center at Patrick Air Force Base.

By the way, Ghost, it's "waived."

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Origionally posted bygfad:
COBRA JUDY - $132679

I've seen COBRA JUDY before, and I know what it is. COBRA JUDY is a sea based radar tracing station that is used to to track and collect Telemetry information on foriegn missile tests. It was first used against the Russians in cooperation with an airborn component call COBRA BALL. Together, these two systems would track and record data on ICBM and SLBM test that were conducted during the Cold War.

As Shadowhawk said, COBRA JUDY is ship mounted.

Tim

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01

Tim

"Waived" SAPs or no different from traditional SAP but for two minor differences:

1. The government program manager has the authority to implement security requirements that go above and beyond those of a normal SAP, irregardless of cost. As one might expect, Congress is never too thrilled to hand out blank checks, and therefore "waived" SAP constitute less than 1% of a SAPs.

2. Congressional oversight of "waived" SAPs is reduced, due to the sensitivities of the information. Normally, all (eligible) members of both the House and Senate Armed Service and Intelligence committees are briefed annually on all SAPs. However, in "waived" SAPs, on the the ranking members for each party for the four committes (the notorious "Gang of Eight") are read into these programs.

Incidentally, not all of the programs on the posted list are SAPs, but some may well be. A complete listing of all SAPs, including acknowledged, unacknowledged, and waived programs, may not even exist. If it does, it probably resides in the Pentagon with the SAPOC, or the USD for R&D. For every one SAP program identified in an unclassified document, there are countless others that remain well hidden.......

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
i am assuming here, but it would make sense to hide the REALLY secret SAP behind your "run of the mill" SAP's, so when you have PILOT FISH listed on the budget, there is a plausible and mundane explanation for what the program consists of....but actually hiding the more exotic technologies.

lol wishful thinking perhaps!!!

new topics

top topics

join