It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a... A... AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! ITS BEGINNING!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 12:16 PM
link   
AHA!! Theyre here ripped of his avatar of the IFO, i knew it!

Anyway, "would effectively provide government officials with immediate access to our personal information: all of our communications phone calls, emails and web searches"
Web searches? Now that's ... a little extream

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 04:12 PM
link   
www.darpa.mil...

DO YOU NEED MORE EVIDANCE????????
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
*runs for the hills*

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Human ID at a Distance (HumanID)
Program Manager: Dr. Jonathon Phillips

Program Objective:

The goal of the Human Identification at a Distance (HumanID) program is to develop automated biometric identification technologies to detect, recognize and identify humans at great distances. These technologies will provide critical early warning support for force protection and homeland defense against terrorist, criminal, and other human-based threats, and will prevent or decrease the success rate of such attacks against DoD operational facilities and installations. Methods for fusing biometric technologies into advanced human identification systems will be developed to enable faster, more accurate and unconstrained identification of humans at significant standoff distances.

Program Strategy:

HumanID program has developed a pilot force protection system for standoff human identification in outdoor operational DoD settings, and has performed preliminary assessments of current and future technologies. HumanID will determine the critical factors that affect performance of biometric components, and identify the limits of range, accuracy, and reliability. The program will also conduct multi-modal fusion experiments and performance evaluations, and will demonstrate advanced human recognition capabilities in multiple force protection and/or homeland defense environments.

Plans:

Develop and demonstrate a human identification system that operates out to 150 meters (500 ft.) using visible imagery.

Fuse face and gait recognition into a 24/7 human identification system.

Perform an operational evaluation of a multi-model human identification system.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 10:25 AM
link   
im glad that im not living in the "FREE" america

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 12:59 PM
link   
shore america has some problems, but i wouldnt live anywhere else.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 09:37 PM
link   
what if the formed a national spy agency to spy on us im goin to hmm... wont say but ive got my tickets ready

BTW if this does happen how much more can we take. Whats next disarmament for the sake of national security what about a force religon to rid out them awful muslims. WE must take a stand now before it gets to a point that we cant take a stand.

[Edited on 23-11-2002 by Quicksilver]

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Why do you think I've been so concerned about the lack of support for the American Petition? ( xmb.abovetopsecret.com... )

Even though it was designed with a group effort, the basic idea is to change the current trend of the US government *while the American Public still has the right to do so*. As the government continues to errode the Constitution, they're eventually going to get around to banning the Public from being able to change that government...And then the American Petition would be less-than-worthless for having any effect.

The American Petition is (IMO) the last, best hope for the American Citizens to peacefully take charge of the Nation that has been getting *stolen* from them all these past generations...If the American Petition fails, the only other course for the American Public will be a very violent one.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 09:33 AM
link   
iv iolent one that would leave this country very shaken and open for attack from whomever decides to take it.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 03:46 PM
link   
my country is officially screwed up....why do i still live here....???!

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 02:12 PM
link   
the iao is suppposedly a counter-part of the the information exploitation office.

src: dtsn.darpa.mil...

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I agree with Necro it is the beginning of a survailence system that could apply to any one not just Ts.

top topics

join