It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Billy Meier (Hoax) story - what does ATS think?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote

Billy Meier was the real deal but his flagrant abuse of the knowledge and experience he was allowed coupled with his ego meant that his contact was cut short...

if that's the case i almost feel pity for them (all involved parties). i honestly don't know why, but the entire Plejaren story leaves a very stale aftertaste. perhaps a result of the elaborate nature of the whole thing, perhaps it's outright and obvious logical fallacies that are intermittently found in the texts... yes i admit i did read a few of them.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

^^^
That's pretty much how I feel about the Billy Meier story.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

^^^
That's pretty much how I feel about the Billy Meier story.

Me too but I have really been waiting for a solid debunking on this guy. Simply because the pictures are so crisp and clear I thought somebody would have ripped them apart. Not just an opinion but a valid interpretation of how the photos and objects were faked.

Also what about the multiple witnesses over several years? What about that Winter guy who claims to have seeked out Meier and then lived with him for a while - he is fairly convincing when he explains his sightings and contact with the Meier aliens. With all the threads dulcimer posted and the varying opinions should i dare say the jury is still out on this crazy swede after 30 + years?

[edit on 10-3-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
Me too but I have really been waiting for a solid debunking on this guy. Simply because the pictures are so crisp and clear I thought somebody would have ripped them apart. Not just an opinion but a valid interpretation of how the photos and objects were faked.

There are some that show how some of the objects are like a dustbin lid. I'm sure I saw them or linked through to them on ATS but I haven't been able to find it, if I do I will post it. The smoking gun was the lip of lid, it was pretty much identical to one of his photos. It's just a question of if you think one was fake, they all are... or not.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
It's just a question of if you think one was fake, they all are... or not.

Absolutely! If just ONE picture has been proved a fake then IMO all of them are. Please if you find this analysis I would be satisfied that Meier was a hoax. Though I have to admit some of the scout craft coming in from far away look very, very good - it's the closer photos, like the wedding cake ship, that make me question it.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
it's the closer photos, like the wedding cake ship, that make me question it.

I think it was one or two of those, they have the small balls on it. I don't know if that was the same as the dustbin lid or others. I'm rubbish at using ATS search features, someone will dig it up if I don't but rest assured, if you are on the fence, some of this analysis will knock you off it.. maybe.

EDIT: Try these, I will come back and edit to add more links, this is the ATS stuff...

Billy Meier, What a Joke!
New Confirmation and Corroboration of the Meier UFO Case
Billy Meier, Debunking, Defending, whichever....
Meier Photos Replicated

[edit on 10/3/07 by Prote]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
I'm just a computer guy with a good eye, and even I see that his photos' perpectives, lighting, and atmospheric density are wrong. They just don't fool my brain into seeing what the photo is supposed to represent.

Thank you. You have said exactly what I was thinking. The so-called spacecraft in these images look like small models to me. There is something about the reflectiveness and other qualities of the craft that scream tiny model. Also, they don't look like technologically advanced space craft, but rather what a person imagines they would look like. Especially, a person who solidified their concepts in the fifties. They just look like silly models that you would expect to see in an Ed Wood movie. Well, okay, maybe they are a little better than an Ed Wood model... But, not much!

EDIT: Still, not bad for someone with one arm. This begs the question whether or not someone has helped him build these. Not trying to diminish the abilities of a single-armed person.

[edit on 3/10/2007 by Rotoplooker]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I met Billy Meier personally in the Seventies when I was about 14 ! No joke ! My opinion after some research: HE IS A FRAUD !

I am Swiss, living in Bern. When I was 14 my brother and I met Billy Meier in Hinterschmidrüti (that's a small village on the hilly hinterland of Zürich)
Billy showed us a tree in his garden. This tree had a hole going through the bole. Meier told us that this hole was fabricated by alien shooting with a laser gun through this tree. At that time I was very impressed but now some years older (45 now) i think a hole through a tree can easily be done without the help of aliens.

here some good link, proving that Meier is a fraud (look at the garbage lid
)
thebiggestsecret.online.fr...

here a vid.
www.youtube.com...

there are also some interesting interviews on the www.paracast.com

[edit on 10-3-2007 by Berner]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
mr horn, is not as good as the others that tell the story. for me i will not believe the meier story, but its sort of in my grey basket, of it may be some sort of government mind control thingy cult.

if there was any truth to these stories, the truth is well gone now, blurred with all those egos etc...

it was an interesting story though, but the group have gone to far with there egos, and billy probably does not help.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Why does Everything have to be Black and White?

Ever consider that maybe the Meier story is Part Truth and Part Hoax?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Why would he have to hoax anything if he had any shred of truth with a subject of this magnitude?

Even a little scrap of a hoax should be a red flag with something like this. Where do you draw the line?

"Oh he faked this... this picture is from a TV show... his ex wife says he faked items... oh he only faked 98 percent of the thing it could still be true"

Give me a break.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Billy Meier... IMO the fakest fake in the history of fakedom. And his so called prophecies seem like the kind of things that anyone could come up with just by looking at the political climate, using some deductive reasoning and a little imagination.

BTW His wedding cake ufo photo's remind me of the kind of thing you would find on Hindu religious statuary and now that I think about it - didn't he spend some time in the near east?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
And another thing, those are some pretty garish and cheesy looking UFOs. I wonder if the aliens aboard have fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror too. Not only are ALL of the photos hoaxes, but there was another photo that he claimed he took of a so-called Pleidian on some kind of display screen while aboard a space craft. It turns out that it was a picture of his TV, and the alien female he called "Asket" turned out to be a dancer on the Dean Martin show. As a matter of fact, he admitted these were frauds. Probably because he got caught. Perpetuating hoaxes is his life-long hobby.

Billy Meier Admits 'Asket'
and 'Nera' Pics ARE A Fraud!:
www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What really made me loose faith in Meier was tje fact that the same tree appears in so many of his pictures at different locations. He also supposedly growns miniature trees, you can imagine the rest...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
They look like this guy did alot of playing around with different frisbees.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Why would Meier have to Hoax anything????????????

I WANT PROOF - - I WANT PROOF - - I DEMAND PROOF - - I DEMAND PROOF

Oh - let's see - - what is that other one??

"With extrodinary claims you need extrodinary PROOF"

GEE - - I can't imagine why there might be some real truth to his Contact experience - - - and feeling the need to fake proof.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mitzella
Billy Meier... IMO the fakest fake in the history of fakedom. And his so called prophecies seem like the kind of things that anyone could come up with just by looking at the political climate, using some deductive reasoning and a little imagination.

The political climate would warn you about the WTC destruction 14 years in advance? Deductive reasoning would enable you to guess the name of a comet discovered 11 years later? He may be a fraud but he would have needed a lot of help from someone. It sounds like you just skimmed through a few of the predictions. Take a good look at them.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I think someone who fakes saucers using lids of garbage cans is a fraud. There can't be a "Part Truth"

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Berner

here some good link, proving that Meier is a fraud (look at the garbage lid
)
thebiggestsecret.online.fr...

wow - this proves it. the lid looks just like the base of that ship. it wasn't 100% conclusive but IMO it had to have been faked.

Originally posted by Annee

possibly - if this guy had officially had contact back in the day maybe he would go to great lengths to try and prove it to people. but the fact that he would keep this up after all these years and be so elaborate with all the pictures, stories.. as well as convincing other people, Horn and Winter, to go along with the lie so wholeheartedly is bizarre.

thanks berner.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
RedPill what do you have say about how asteroids are named. You seem to like that prediction:

The first few asteroids were named after figures from Graeco-Roman mythology.

Asteroid naming is not always a free-for-all: there are some types of asteroid for which rules have developed about the sources of names. For instance Centaurs (asteroids orbiting between Saturn and Neptune) are all named after mythological centaurs, Trojans after heroes from the Trojan War, and trans-Neptunian objects after underworld spirits.

Another well-established rule is that comets are named after their discoverer(s), whereas asteroids are not.

So we limit our names already.

What do we have left to pick?

It was discovered on January 4, 1989 by Christian Pollas and was named after the Celtic god Toutatis/Teutates, known to popular culture as Astérix's village-god.

Simply amazing ! Who could have ever guessed that name would ever be used.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join