It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another High School Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Another High School Shooting

abclocal.go.com

(Michigan - AP, March 7, 2007) - A teenager shot his former girlfriend four times outside her high school Wednesday, then killed himself, police said.

Jessica Forsyth, 17, was taken to Hurley Medical Center in Flint, where she was in serious but stable condition, hospital spokeswoman Christie White said Wednesday afternoon.
Midland Police Chief James St. Louis said the gunman died in the parking lot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Here we go with another one!

abclocal.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I don't really understand stuff like this. The whole issue of school shootings is an issue unto itself, but these guys that try to kill ex-girlfriend's and such and then wind up killing themselves is rather bizarre to me. I guess that's why I don't make any concerted effort to try and develop a relationship with anyone is because I know that most of the time it doesn't work..

Anyway, in my hometown, there was an incident similar to this except the guy didn't try to ill his girlfriend. The guy and girl had broke up and from what I understand he was pretty torn up over he whole ordeal. Anyway, a week or two went by and one day, he brought a gun to school and ordered everyone in the classroom to leave. His ex-girlfriend tried to get to where he was, but by the time she got there, he had already shot and killed himself.

It just goes to show what twisted emotions can do to an individual.

As far as the whole school shooting bit. I really don't know what always prompts these things. Sometimes it is done by kids who are "picked on" in school and other times it is a case such as this one. I would guess that this just adds more fuel to the argument of people who want to ban guns and such.

I really wonder what prompts occurences like this at times... I suspect that some "rebel" kids feel like this is sort of a final "F- the world" statement... You know, do it to where a bunch of people can see you and get a bunch of media attention. I mean, to the mind's of a lot of people who do things like this, I suspect that an ultimate slap in the face to society is to kill a bunch of people and then commit suicide in public..

I don't know.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What is starting to worry me is that this sort of incident used to make front page national news. Now it's buried deep in some internet news website. The only reason I heard about this one, is because the girl I am currently dating used to go to school where this shooting happened.

I just have a hard time understanding how someone can end their life at such a young age... Especially over a piece of... I mean a young lady!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It is very hard for me to remember what it was like to be an adolescent, but as I recall; the world revolved around me, my feelings were the only ones that counted, I was very sensitive and could not take criticism and I was dumber than a sack of hammers, I overreacted to everything, I had no concept of reality and was arrogant and thought everyone else was stupid.

In the Hawaiian language, the same word is used for "adolescent" and "insane" ..........

I'm surprised I lived long enough to gain any perspective at all.

I don't know where the blame lies for incidents of this type, maybe their is no blame.....it's just the way it is sometimes. Sad!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
the thot of someone shooting another person in an act of violence is hard to think of myself but what i want to know is what led him to do this. was it more then just being jelous?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by that1guy789
was it more then just being jelous?

Well, I'm sure the kid wasn't mentally stable to begin with. This may just have been the excuse he needed to commit the suicide he had been thinking about for some time.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... I am with you. It is hard to think back to those high school days. And I am assuming that was much more recent for me. Now that I think about it... The world revolved around me and that high-school. What my peers and acquaintances thought of me meant everything. I am also going to assume that this young lady he was having relations with was his first. Do you remember your first? Haha... I sure as hell do!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm dating myself
but i beleive this is a direct result of kids having everything up to and including brand new cars and not having their butts kicked enough as young ones.
No discipline at all for fear of Big Brother.

Its going to get worse, much worse.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i to put some of the blame on discipline but in the other direction. to much discipline can lead a child to think that the only way to solve somthing is with violence. which as we have seen here leads to death.

i think he might have receaved to much discipline.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Ok, where did a teenager get this weapon? He is underage and if someone sold it to him, they have broke the law. If it was his fathers, than his father should face charges. They need to crack down on this crap or its going to futher the case of the ant-gun nuts.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
why should his father face charges for his sons stupidity

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'm a gun owner so don't think this is in any shape or form anti-gun.

The father should face charges if his guns weren't secured. Gun owners should be responsible for their property, just like drivers of automobiles, owners of mean dogs, etc........

Would you feel differently is it was one of your family members that had been shot?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

The father should face charges if his guns weren't secured. Gun owners should be responsible for their property, just like drivers of automobiles, owners of mean dogs, etc........

Would you feel differently is it was one of your family members that had been shot?

Theres a big difference between leaving a loaded gun on the kitchen table and having your kid jimmy open a locked cabinet to reach it. Should the owner be responsable in both situations?

Say I own a dog and some ghetto kid tries to stel my dog, as they often do around here, and my dog mauls him pretty bad. Is that my fault?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'm dating myself
but i beleive this is a direct result of kids having everything up to and including brand new cars and not having their butts kicked enough as young ones.

Its going to get worse, much worse.

I gotta agree here. I am almost 31, and I am a HS teacher, and the kids today are much different than they were 10 years ago. Kids have everything, except discipline. It is sad.

I also thin a smack from mom and dad every now and then is not terrible in the right situations

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dgtempe
I'm dating myself but i beleive this is a direct result of kids having everything up to and including brand new cars and not having their butts kicked enough as young ones.

DGTempe,I agree to a great extent. I don't think that is the whole factor but it is certainly a contributing factor.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
What is starting to worry me is that this sort of incident used to make front page national news. Now it's buried deep in some internet news website. The only reason I heard about this one, is because the girl I am currently dating used to go to school where this shooting happened.

I just have a hard time understanding how someone can end their life at such a young age... Especially over a piece of... I mean a young lady!

This incident didn't make front-line national news because, sadly, it is not sensational. It's not everyday but it's not uncommon for a domestic relationship to end in violent death ... either murder or murder-suicide. This happened to be on school grounds ... right outside the actual campus .. but isn't your typical run around the school random shooting. I wouldn't consider this a school shooting but rather a murder-suicide that occured at a school location.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The kid was 17 years old ... old enough to drive a car, soon to be voting ... probably old enough to be trusted with access to a handgun the family owned. Obviously depending on his maturity and training with a firearm.

Do we even know if he got the firearm from mom and dad or that just a supposition?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Theres a big difference between leaving a loaded gun on the kitchen table and having your kid jimmy open a locked cabinet to reach it. Should the owner be responsable in both situations?

Say I own a dog and some ghetto kid tries to stel my dog, as they often do around here, and my dog mauls him pretty bad. Is that my fault?

i dont think the dad should see chorges in ether case the dad did not physicaly put the gun in his son's hand and tell his son to shoot his ex-girlfriend

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That1guy789

Do you realize that you attributed a post to me that I didn't make?

Please learn how to use the site!!

Start with the edit function!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
sorry

dude

new topics

top topics

join