It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US tornado kills 15 in school.. Death toll 19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is horrible, seems the storm there in the US is really playing up,

I keep hearing on the news today about tornadoes wreaking havoc over the last day or so,

Its thought that the school stadium collapsed and so far there not sure if the dead are teachers or students or both

My thoughts go to the families and friends

This story in just 1 of the latest

news.sky.com...

A child was killed earlier on today in Missouri,

PLEASE US members take care if you are in areas which are being effected,

Students at Enterprise High School were taking cover in the hallways when the twister hit the building.

"We were sitting there in the halls. All of a sudden, I look out the window, the wind started to pick up and the roof starts to come off and the whole building collapsed on everybody," said Chase Baldwin, a student at Enterprise high school.

"A bunch of people were trapped under cinder blocks and stuff, and people had their heads cut open."

www.cnn.com...

The storms next places

Storm system moving east
The Georgia Emergency Management Agency is anticipating high winds, hail and tornadoes, and was arranging conference calls Thursday with county emergency management offices to ensure they were prepared, said agency spokesman Ken Davis.

"They're quite concerned," Davis said. "We're staffing up for a long night tonight. Other than that, there's not a whole lot you can do."

Severe weather is predicted from Illinois to Florida, and residents are being warned to watch for tornadoes and thunderstorms

[edit on 1-3-2007 by asala]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That's a sad bit of news, and yes, US weather has been mentioned frequently lately. From what I've read (boring scientific papers), we can expect more storms and stronger storms as global warming increases. F5 tornados, once very rare, may be more common in the future unless we can cool the climate back down.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Some reports are saying it could be 13 dead in Alabama, and 40 injured and taken to hospital, though a hospital are saying up to 50 people have been brought in,

The hospital was also damaged but there able to conduct things ok at the moment, there working on power,

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
uPDATE

Death toll is now rising ! 19 are now thought to have died,

Bush has stated he is going to help,

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There saying that 15 of the dead where at the high school,

more as it comes in,

hosted.ap.org...

ENTERPRISE, Ala. (AP) -- Apparent tornadoes killed at least 18 people in Alabama on Thursday, including 15 at a high school where students were trapped under a collapsed roof, state officials said.

Two died elsewhere in Enterprise and one in rural Millers Ferry, where a separate apparent twister wrecked mobile homes, Alabama Emergency Management Agency spokeswoman Yasamie Richardson said.

"The number could very well increase as the search effort continues through the night," she said.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yeah, I made a thread about it in the News forum. It's really sad. I wonder why they didn't close the schools earlier?

top topics

join