It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was posessed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hi there every1, just wanted to share an experience I had when I was younger because i havent seen much about this posted on here.

When I was about 14 years old I went to my Auntys house for prayer. Now I have been raised as a christian since I was born and have seen wierd things and was completely unprepared for what was about to happen.

Me and my cousin were getting prayer for generational curses that may have been passed on to us from our family. My mums side of the family has had a pretty messed up life so we thought it may be a good idea. So we got to the end of the prayer and I felt a little better like a bit of weight had lifted off my shoulders. Just then I went to leave, but as I was walking through the door my mum said hold on a minute theres one more thing I should pray about. When my mother and father were just recently married my dad told her he had a dream that a demon was taunting him and said he would attack his children.

I'm born an bred in New Zealand and am part Maori (pronouced mouldy)but just a tiny bit. The Maori are the indigenous people of my country and are rite into the spirit world. They are warriors and could be compared to red indians or aboriginis.

So my mum sits me down and starts praying for any Maori curses from my fathers side to be broken. Here I am thinking "oh comon i wanna go home already" and then it hits me. All of sudden my eyes slam shut and I cant open them.. I freak out and cant beleive wats going on. Then my back started to get really hot.. like burning hot. My back started to arch forward and i started to choke. For a good 5 minutes I was concious but it felt like I was outside of my body. And fighting to get back in. Sitting in the chair with my back hunched over making noises like sumone was throttling me to death i was shaking but couldnt do a thing. Can you imagine how scary it would be if you couldnt open your eyes or do anything about this..

I knew wat was happening but could do nuthing... So i started to pray to God. Not physically but in my mind in my spirit and in my heart.

Then it stopped. My heart slowed.. my back unstiffened and cooled down and I could finally breath again and open my eyes. Just then I started crying. I felt the most amazing feeling I have ever felt in my entire life better than sex better than drugs better than anything. I had pins and needles throughout my entire body! But they wernt itchy they wernt painfull its hard to describe how good it felt... like every cell in my body was electrified. I stood up and walked to my family and hugged them. It felt as tho i was floating... my body felt lighter than it had ever been.

It took a while for every1 to calm down but I knew I had just been delivered from what ever it was that had posessed me.

My mum cuzin and aunty looked at me strangely and told me to go look in the mirror. They said I looked like a different person a better person. And I did, i stood there and stared into the mirror. I looked like I felt. Alive full of life and glowing.

To this day its by far the scaryest, best and most amazing thing to ever happen to me.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Has any1 else out there experienced sumthing similar?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this it really is an interesting event, One im sure many here will have an opinion on,

Its great to hear this from you first hand and the affects you felt,

I look forward the the responses to this,

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am very glad to know that you were delivered from whatever it was that was "possessing" you. How old are you now and have you remained untroubled by anything similar?

I have never experienced anything like that and I would not want anyone to have to go through possession by a malignant spirit.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Possession is a strange thing.A lot of people say, "Well,I don't mess with things that I don't understand, so,I am not that worried about it." Many times you don't have to "mess with mysterious things," to become possessed.

There are basically two schools of thought. I am caught somewhere between the two.

The first school of thought is that "demons," spirits or some other unknown element possesses the body of the victim.

The second school of thought is that it is an aberration or disease of the victim's mind.

I personally could go either way on this subject. I tend to lean towards the second school of thought, but I certainly do not think that it necessarily accounts for all cases.

Do I believe that another spirit can inhabit the body of an individual? Yes,I think it's possible. How often does it occur? My gut tells me, not very often. You my have very well been one of those who actually experienced a possession... I don't know.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I freak out and cant beleive wats going on. Then my back started to get really hot.. like burning hot.

It looks like you had a kundalini awakening. Can I ask you one question?

Do you feel the light that surrounds and connects everything?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Possession can also be attributed to Thought Forms.

How come only those who believe in possession become possessed? It's seems the beliefs of others connected to the possessed person can also have an influence.

More belief = stronger possibility of that belief becoming a reality? I think so.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I've had a similar experience but in dreams.

For the past few months, it started the night of December 23, 3006, I was laying in my bed, completely calm, my eyes closed about to go to sleep. Then all of a sudden I saw a white light, even though my eyes were closed, come straight toward me and hit me in the chest. My body actually left the bed about and inch or two but my chest was the highest of the bed about 6 inches I guess. I had this strange tingling feeling come throughout my body for hours after that and ended up staying awake.

A week later I started to have a series of dreams about being possesed/oppressed by a demon. After and during every dream that feeling comes back.

The last one I had was the most vivid. I was in a gray room. I got hit by something and then I couldnt move my body. I felt like I was looking through a new pair of eyes. My thoughts even started getting messed up. My body kept looking at my surfboard when I really wanted to look at my lamp on the opposite side, my right side.(I know its weird, try not to make fun of me). I tried yelling and I couldnt open my mouth. I prayed for help out loud in the dream and I woke up still yelling but my mouth seemed like was glued shut and I still coudnt open it.

I've had a few dreams like that, happen about once a week but recently stopped for about a 3 week period and still counting :-D.

I read about sleep paralysis and a bunch of other # so i'm about 50-50 on these situations in believing if its actually a demon or me scaring myself. i just know its weird. I pray for protection from evil every night and it seems to do the trick.

I just decided to write this to say that I kinda relate. I didnt actually leave my body like you did but I did have the feeling of "no control".

I'm just curious if you have ever felt like you got hit by something right when this happened??? Not like a pain to your body but some sort of jolt.

much regards,
Phil

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Wow. Very very interesting story. Somebody in my church experienced something similar. She also described a choking sensation and an out-of-body experience during the possession. Furthermore, she said that she had a vision while this all occurred. Possessions are scary... but enlightening!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Belief (or intent) is very powerful. Combine it with mantras, or prayer, and you have the potential to manipulate the mind. You could have experienced something to do with this maybe, with a combinatino of certain sounds leading to your response (like a fit brought on by stobe lights, but with sound)

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by simonmagus

I freak out and cant beleive wats going on. Then my back started to get really hot.. like burning hot.

It looks like you had a kundalini awakening. Can I ask you one question?

Do you feel the light that surrounds and connects everything?

Hey there simonmagus, First off im not sure wat a Kundalini awakening is... secondly no i dont feel the light that surrounds and connects everything. I often daydream and find myself staring into space.. thinking about the world and thats really it.

I was 14 at the time of the event, so i didnt really know how to handle it I was imature and had a alot to learn. I guess its hard for alot of people to hear about this sort of thing and not want to explain it scientifically. Im not closed minded to the suggestion that things do sumtimes have a scientific bases but in my experience I can tell you the chances of wat happened happining at the same time as the curse i didnt believe in.. is about 1 in 100000000000 lol.

Im 22 years old now and to be honest I have fallen away from God alot in the last few years of my life. Life is hard the devil is deceptive and he know all the tricks of the trade to suck you in and pull you down. I havent had any experiences like it since but have a nightmare everynow and again..

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoothRhythm
I've had a similar experience but in dreams.

For the past few months, it started the night of December 23, 3006, I was laying in my bed, completely calm, my eyes closed about to go to sleep. Then all of a sudden I saw a white light, even though my eyes were closed, come straight toward me and hit me in the chest. My body actually left the bed about and inch or two but my chest was the highest of the bed about 6 inches I guess. I had this strange tingling feeling come throughout my body for hours after that and ended up staying awake.

A week later I started to have a series of dreams about being possesed/oppressed by a demon. After and during every dream that feeling comes back.

The last one I had was the most vivid. I was in a gray room. I got hit by something and then I couldnt move my body. I felt like I was looking through a new pair of eyes. My thoughts even started getting messed up. My body kept looking at my surfboard when I really wanted to look at my lamp on the opposite side, my right side.(I know its weird, try not to make fun of me). I tried yelling and I couldnt open my mouth. I prayed for help out loud in the dream and I woke up still yelling but my mouth seemed like was glued shut and I still coudnt open it.

I've had a few dreams like that, happen about once a week but recently stopped for about a 3 week period and still counting :-D.

I read about sleep paralysis and a bunch of other # so i'm about 50-50 on these situations in believing if its actually a demon or me scaring myself. i just know its weird. I pray for protection from evil every night and it seems to do the trick.

I just decided to write this to say that I kinda relate. I didnt actually leave my body like you did but I did have the feeling of "no control".

I'm just curious if you have ever felt like you got hit by something right when this happened??? Not like a pain to your body but some sort of jolt.

much regards,
Phil

Hey man, There are alot of times where im half asleep and will feel asthough im free falling really fast and then BAM i wake up and am freakin out but ive thats quite normal. As for your dreams I dont know. Even as a young kid I had alot of disturbing nightmares so I can relate. Sumtimes I would be posessed and be dragged into a dark toilet by an invisible powerful and evil force and it would throw my up to the roof and pin me there. I would scream to my family and tell them to stay away so it couldnt get them. Other times demons and dogs would be chasing me and I would have to lie there while they ripped the skin and muscle clean from my body. Satanic cerimonies in egypt where I was forced to drink the blood of a goat or be killed by a high preist of sum sort... and all this when I was between 11-14 years old. Way too young to understand it or have experienced or seen anything like it yet all these terrible and vivid things were happening to me.

There was a period of about 2 years where I would have a nightmare everynight and my parents couldnt figure it out. I would get prayer but nuthing helped. Untill one day when I was old enough I said enuff sat down and prayed to god for about an hour. An then it stopped.

Your dreams may be trying to tell you sumthing... I dont know. But if you are afraid I think you would find it helpful and be at peace if you went and had prayer. Will take 5 minutes and could help alot

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Possession can also be attributed to Thought Forms.

How come only those who believe in possession become possessed? It's seems the beliefs of others connected to the possessed person can also have an influence.

More belief = stronger possibility of that belief becoming a reality? I think so.

Hey Kruel,

Im not sure sumtimes I think there are people that are influencial and just a little nutty. There was a series on tv called "John safran vs God" an independant reporter went around the world visiting every religion he could and partook and every ceremony. Vampiric blood drinking voodoo new age stuff the lot he did it. the last ceremony he wanted to go and see a priest and ask about exercism. The priest took a look at him and asked what he had been involved in. So John explained and the priest shook his head and said you need prayer. John still joking not believing a thing these religions had told him not at all knowing the seriousnous of the things he had been envolved in. He thought the idea that he was about to have demons cast out of him was funny. Untill they started coming out. He couldnt do a thing, started shaking making weird noises and losing the plot. the camera man was freaking out and couldnt beleive it. Ever since John safran has become a born again christian and tells his story everywhere.

You should have a watch I think the episodes can be downloaded from sumwhere.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by ka0s69]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It is one of the most powerful secrets in mysticism & yoga. Basically your energy centers (chakras) goes through a transformation process. Common symptom is heat from the spine and sometimes spontaneous levitation, various levels of awareness, and/or other powers.

Devoted practitioners of many religions including christian saints and stigmatics are afflicted with it. The transformation process can be dangerous for some people that are not mentally balanced since it will amplify certain elements within them.

I believe it is the link to what we truly are and another form of energy not yet understood by modern science.

KUNDALINI SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
www.elcollie.com...

[edit on 2-3-2007 by simonmagus]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ka0s69
like every cell in my body was electrified.. It felt as tho i was floating... my body felt lighter than it had ever been.

I had an infilling of the Holy Spirit. Every cell in my body 'bloomed'. I felt alive. Every cell felt alive. I also felt like I was in my body, but also way way way up and out of my body at the same time. I managed to open my eyes, but everything looked strange like I was drunk.

I understand that 'every cell' thing. Definately.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hey ka0s69,

just to comfort you, freefalling and then waking up is actually literally 'falling' asleep. Your muscles start to relax and hence the falling experience when you're half asleep!

top topics

join