It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would an alien wanna be friends with a human?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i think these type of questions pretty much fly over everyones head when we talk about ufos and ET technology. after any type of disclosure we would eventually be bound to run into perhaps 1000's of different races etc. i think it would be cool to have a ET friend so you could go through space and all that stuff too . then again as i think about it more i dont think associating yourself with a human might be a good thing in an intergalactic community just yet infact it might be a joke to aliens to have a human friend in space

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
so yea, I'd love to trade my music with ETs

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind having an alien babe in my life. I'll even teach her the fine arts of "water sharing"

as for them having a joke on us...

"How many humans does it take to screw in a light bulb?"

But seriously, I would think that they would be just as cautious and curious as we would be. Unless they were here to take over this planet, In that case they would probably be downright hostile.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Of course they can be friends. There are plenty of examples throughout history.

ET
Mac and Me
Lilo and Stitch
Flight of the Navigator
The Explorers

And these are just the ones that involve little kids. Not even talking Star Wars and Star Trek

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
what if your best friend is an alien and you couldn't tell... talk about

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Of course they can be friends. There are plenty of examples throughout history.

ET
Mac and Me
Lilo and Stitch
Flight of the Navigator
The Explorers

And these are just the ones that involve little kids. Not even talking Star Wars and Star Trek

....Enemy Mine starring Lou Gossett Jr and Dennis Quaid. Having to rely on each other to survive on a hostile alien planet.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I want an alien friend.

the question is, would they want to be friends with me?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think it's already been pretty firmly established that Earthlings are very good at barbequeing ribs and chicken and a variety of meats. Our BBQ can't be beat. And we're very good pie makers. Grays are apparently lousy at baking pies.

Personally, I think an alien would want to be friends with be because I'm funny and entertaining and I'd be willing to take them to the airport if they needed to go. And I'm good at making BBQ ribs.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Would you be friend with a cockroach? That's what I thought. Next question.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Would you be friend with a cockroach? That's what I thought. Next question.

if my cat could talk i would be friends with it
i think thats the type of level we are at so maybe they think we are cute loool

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia

....Enemy Mine starring Lou Gossett Jr and Dennis Quaid. Having to rely on each other to survive on a hostile alien planet.

Nice one, forgot all about it. Great movie.

Alien v. Predator.

That's the one where the Predator gets it on with that black chick. Love at first sight.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Originally posted by resistancia

Nice one, forgot all about it. Great movie.

Alien v. Predator.

That's the one where the Predator gets it on with that black chick. Love at first sight.

if they had a child would it look like michael jackson or prince? or if i had sex with a reptilian female would they lay an egg a week later? considering people have sex with animals i can only imagine what would happen between aliens and a human rofl

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This thread is slowly devolving into something really nasty.

Also it would depend on the alien. If they have sentience like us, then well they would all be different like us.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Look, there is a whole lot of life in the universe. I would be willing to bet that there is "intelligent" life also. Look around at life on this planet, and you will find that most species are some kind of insect. If a planet has more or less gravity, i suppose that the size of the species on that planet could vary greatly from what we have.

A startling size difference could be "normal". So the question isn't whether you could be friends with an alien, but could you be friends with a 40 ft. TALL CENTIPEDE? How bout a 150 ft. long alligator? Lets say some aliens that had one head, two arms and two legs showed up in a spaceship. Would you be able to be "friends" with an individual that was less than 1 inch tall? These are some things you might want to think about before deciding you could be friends. If a spaceship landed in my backyard, and scorpions started coming out, I don't care if they just wanted to snuggle, or play basketball, I'm looking for some raid, or a shotgun.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Some scientists have said an alien being would evolve anything similar to us would only be for the dreamers. Even the gray is becoming similar, not so weird today. Kind of small, slappy, and sad. The tall nordic Viking stud is just what he needs to be for some...good-lookin does sell. Again silly. Then the reptile, why not a turtle?
Have a feeling whatever is visiting this planet is beyond what we can handle. A problem they realize that even the skin color between earth beings is a problem, and we will never accept them.
They are watching us, and have no silly romantic dreams of being a friend. As you would think towards a nasty spider, or a worm.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Look, there is a whole lot of life in the universe. I would be willing to bet that there is "intelligent" life also. Look around at life on this planet, and you will find that most species are some kind of insect. If a planet has more or less gravity, i suppose that the size of the species on that planet could vary greatly from what we have.

A startling size difference could be "normal". So the question isn't whether you could be friends with an alien, but could you be friends with a 40 ft. TALL CENTIPEDE? How bout a 150 ft. long alligator? Lets say some aliens that had one head, two arms and two legs showed up in a spaceship. Would you be able to be "friends" with an individual that was less than 1 inch tall? These are some things you might want to think about before deciding you could be friends. If a spaceship landed in my backyard, and scorpions started coming out, I don't care if they just wanted to snuggle, or play basketball, I'm looking for some raid, or a shotgun.

how about a 3-5 foot humanoid who wants to say hello? if something a foot big had intelligence like ours who cares? thats the whole point of learning about diversity and why we arent being told the truth anyways cause we are too concerned about looks

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i think there's enough diversity out there that we could potentially have many alien "friends". (like the kind folks on Serpo)

it would be a great way to teach future children about predjudism to help them avoid turning into the small minded people that passed this world onto them.

a collective knowledge base of shared learning and teaching that can be available to all could be a wonderful thing.

learning about each other's cultures, music, foods, etc. would be very cool.
just think, going to a restaurant that serves asian-serpoian fusion foods.

and hey, i'm not above hanging out with "inchy" my small friend or cuddling with scorpions as long as they knew cuddling didn't involve getting stung. friends would have to meet at an intelligent level over a physical level really. maybe you can't play
xbox with 40ft. tall centipede, but you can go to the park!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Look, there is a whole lot of life in the universe.

Prove it.

Oops. That was just a one-line response, so let me just add:

Prove it.
Prove it.
Prove it.
Prove it.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
maybe if the alien needed a pet.

or, we could be the eyes for some visionless race.

a human- Grey's best friend

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Riley Martin says that most aliens have no intrest in the human race except for the grays. That they make music through telepathic vibrations. and would like to help the human race continue its life after the judgement day on 2012. I think we all gots friends

If you are wonder who Riley Martin is look him up on wikipedea and follow the links to his home page and what have you. He has preformed numerous radio shows and has viewers all over the world facinated with his alien contacts

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join