It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
... the next thing you know, we'll have thousands of little duck herds running around, messing up traffic, trampling people. Is this Darwininan Evolution at work to provide a duck species with an alternative to living in polluted skies?

Four-legged mutant duck.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
sadly, it could just be a product of said pollution

however, i've yet to hear anything on the genetics of the duck, so i think it's a bit to early to say anything

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well obviously ducks are evolving to fill the niche of wolves, since we've killed most of them. Thats why it has four legs!

And then, they'll start turning up with TEETH.

And then, pack hunting carnivorous ducks with four legs and teeth that can fly! WOLCKS o noes!

Or maybe its just one of those... you know, weird animal abnormalities like the two headed snake and the multi-legged cow.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BallOfPopulation
and the multi-legged cow.

OH MY GOD! Are you saying that there actually exists cows with more than one leg!?!?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jugg

Originally posted by BallOfPopulation
and the multi-legged cow.

OH MY GOD! Are you saying that there actually exists cows with more than one leg!?!?

You know what I mean!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Is this Darwininan Evolution at work to provide a duck species with an alternative to living in polluted skies?

Darwin's theory that species change via a mechanism of natural selection would apply when this organism reproduces, or fails to reproduce.

Darwin of course was ignorant of the mechanism of mutation, but he did realize that variation existed and was inheritable, and that natural selection was working on those variations and their inheritence.

So Darwin has nothing to do with how that duck came about (if it was the result of a non-inherited mutation, but of course we can see how the inheritance of other traits would've been necessary in order for that mutation to exist in the first place), but has everything to do with its reproduction (even if it never reproduces).

top topics

join