It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did UFOs come from...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I would like to find out where did UFOs come from...

how did the story begin...

and any other things...

I think UFO started in WW2 by the Nazi...

they were really smart and they( as i read some books) invented the anti-gravity and the saucer!

i guess the Nazis were good for something!

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
theres caveman drawings of ufos dude

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
There have been historical accounts of flying sheilds and other anomalies since written history began. Its not a modern phenomenon and IMO, did not originate from this planet.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
theres caveman drawings of ufos dude

if you are not joking please post pics...

BUT NO FAKES!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
I would like to find out where did UFOs come from...

aliens of course

but seriously, people have reported similar objects in the sky ever since history began. i cant think of any specifics, but i have heard them before.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
im not joking, iv seen a number of them on tv/internet

ill try to find some, but i know that theres alot of fakes out there

trust me, i know media of ufo,s its my hobby to collected them

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Russian...
I personally believe the Nazi's were indeed onto something and probably ushered humanity (albeit in secret) into the anti-gravity age.
However, UFO's have been around for a very long time.
Try the following links demonstrating UFO's have been around since before Nazi Germany.

Ancient writings dealing with UFO's

UFO paintings, pictures and artifacts prior to Nazi Germany can be found here

Hope this helps~

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by intelgurl]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
im not sure to trust www.ufoartwork.com...

theres realy no proof of the pics of being real

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I think UFOs are terrestrial as well, Russian.

Those Germans were leap years ahead of everyone else, and I think they made some pretty interesting aircraft.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodBlessAmerica

Those Germans were leap years ahead of everyone else, and I think they made some pretty interesting aircraft.

Well, I have finally found some people I agree with - at least for the most part...
I too feel that the modern day UFO phenomenon has it's roots in clandestine development in Germany in the 1930's and 40's.
I find it no coincidence that the UFO phenomenon began in the late 1940's after Operation Paperclip secured much of the German top secret development projects and scientists.

And of course I find it no coincidence that many of the first UFO sightings were on, around or in a direct flight path between US military bases.

However, my overall opinion as well as my viewpoint's comfort-zone is troubled by the pervasive issue of ancient flying vehicles in holy scriptures of the Judeo-Christain faiths as well as the Hindu faith, writings and reports of flying vehicles throughout the "anno-domini" centuries, plus paintings and cave drawings, impossible architecture for the time periods involved and topographic anomalies such as ancient landing strips in the Andes, etc...

I guess the crux of the matter is that I have not finished my pursuit of adequate information in order to form as steadfast a viewpoint on the subject as you guys~

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well, to put things in perspective, yes UFO's have been sighted since recorded history. Want proof? Simply pick up your Bible....as there are at least 3 accounts there... "Ezekial"(sp?) I believe.... Yes, there are cave drawings of UFO like objects, saucers, and even what some term as "spacemen" men with helmets and antennae, etc....and in many different parts of the world. You can also see UFOs in older works of art (the one that pops into my head is one of the Madonna with Child, and a UFO in the air in the background, clearly saucer shaped...)

Yes, the modern phenomenon started with Nazi Germany. However, it is widely believed that the Nazi's were actually the first to recover a crashed disc (as their radar interfered with the gravitic wave propulsion used by the craft). Nazi scientists were involved in a large program to reverse-engineer these craft (hence the film and photo evidence of numerous saucer crafts attempted by the Luftwaffe), and were largely successful in many areas....as far as the limited tech of the time allowed.

Russia, the US, and Britain all scrambled after the war to round up these scientists (as they were aware of what was going on, after cracking the Nazi code)...this is referred to as Project Paperclip. (the US got the cream of the crop so to speak).

So, all was pretty much settled down, until Roswell. Because no protocols were in place at the time, at first, the military didn't know how to handle it, so they simply went by the book on how they'd react if they recovered a shot down or crashed foreign plane. The press corps released a statement, and the front page was history....The US Army had just announced that they had captured a flying disc.

Because of the post-war patriotism, it was fairly easy to sweep this under the rug at the time. Roswell forced the creation of a special committee (by many names, the most infamous one being Majestic 12, which they appear to no longer go by)...to decide how such events in the future would be handled. So, they did, they initiated the cover story (didn't have to be good, as people trusted the government then...), and even eventually created a coordinated intelligence agency (the CIA) to enable it's upper echelon to funnel the wheat from the chaff so to speak, regarding UFO intel.

Radar seemed to be a bane to the UFOs, and caused several more crashes. Eventually, an agreement was hammered out. (it gets kinda sketchy from here, as to what the agreement was, there are a lot of variations, but the evidence points to it happening...) and since, very few crashes.

Secret bases were set up to both reverse engineer the craft, and gain tech advances from it (by funnelling it out through government contractors, and making it appear that they had originated the idea...). Some bases were to deal solely with the bodies of crash victims, as well as the living envoy, etc.

Hope this helps!

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Originally posted by GodBlessAmerica

Well, I have finally found some people I agree with - at least for the most part...
I too feel that the modern day UFO phenomenon has it's roots in clandestine development in Germany in the 1930's and 40's.
I find it no coincidence that the UFO phenomenon began in the late 1940's after Operation Paperclip secured much of the German top secret development projects and scientists.

And of course I find it no coincidence that many of the first UFO sightings were on, around or in a direct flight path between US military bases.

However, my overall opinion as well as my viewpoint's comfort-zone is troubled by the pervasive issue of ancient flying vehicles in holy scriptures of the Judeo-Christain faiths as well as the Hindu faith, writings and reports of flying vehicles throughout the "anno-domini" centuries, plus paintings and cave drawings, impossible architecture for the time periods involved and topographic anomalies such as ancient landing strips in the Andes, etc...

I guess the crux of the matter is that I have not finished my pursuit of adequate information in order to form as steadfast a viewpoint on the subject as you guys~

I have a bit of a hybrid theory. Terrestrial perhaps. But more importantly TEMPORAL.

The historic, even ancient accounts and art, especially regarding important events (following the life of Mary, the crucifixtion) and proximity to wars and historic atomic tests (like the air spooking of Saxons sacking of the French, the Indian 'flying assualt' on Alexander the great, ...even the Foo Fighters of WWII) ... certainly seem more observant than anything. Perhaps even HISTORIAN in nature.

Wouldn't it explain the cover-up perfectly? Recovered future technology, or even future US? Imagine the knowledge... Um, you guys might need to come up with a reason to invade Iraq, because in 2012...etc.

The ancient art and cave drawings are just BIZARRE. The Sumer accounts of Gods coming to mine precious minerals. Aztec gods after gold.

It's US. IT'S US!!!!! And the US government KNOWS!

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well, to put things in perspective....

Gaz,
I find nothing that you have written that I can disagree with.
Interesting discussion... I'm enjoying this~

What about ancient earth civilizations and remnants of those civilizations contributing to the UFO phenomenon? I mean the earth has been around how many million or billion years? and man's recorded history goes back... what... maybe 4000bc? there's been plenty of time on this old earth for other civilizations to have existed, ten's of thousands of years ago or even hundreds of thousands of years ago...
Thoughts anyone?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
UFO's come from two places:

1. Our goverment - Once our government started recovering other world spacecraft, they used that alien technology to created thier own craft such as Project Silverbug.

2. Aliens from other planets - These craft were not invented by our government. They slip into our atmosphere for a short time and then head on back to their world.

LtPG97

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i dont think there from another plane, they could be

but the distance they would have to traverl....

i would thing from another time/dimention or there us from wayyyyy in the futer

but anyway, i would still call them aleins....

and yes im sure most of the "real" ufo sightings are man made

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What about ancient earth civilizations and remnants of those civilizations contributing to the UFO phenomenon? I mean the earth has been around how many million or billion years? and man's recorded history goes back... what... maybe 4000bc? there's been plenty of time on this old earth for other civilizations to have existed, ten's of thousands of years ago or even hundreds of thousands of years ago...
Thoughts anyone?

This kind of dips into another forum, but it does involve both... It's always been my theory that aliens did indeed attempt contact, but not understanding primitive man, they left without so much as a dialogue... This then jump started our old legends of gods, and some kind of "intelligence" from the sky. But, it also inspired ancient man, by showing that he could, if he put his mind to it, eventually strive for the heavens. It is this striving for the heavens, that led to the building of pyramids, etc. But, I don't think there was more than casual contact, and then taken out of context by the locals....

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   

(as their radar interfered with the gravitic wave propulsion used by the craft).

But is it not true that the British were the ones to invent radar? Which was a massive factor in the outcome of WWII?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod

But is it not true that the British were the ones to invent radar? Which was a massive factor in the outcome of WWII?

So they say -Sir Robert Watson-Watt
www.geocities.com...

As a Brit, I'm feeling kinda smug...

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yes, there are cave drawings of UFO like objects, saucers, and even what some term as "spacemen" men with helmets and antennae, etc

Hi Gazrok!!

Sounds like von Daniken (Chariots of the Gods, et al) might help here?

www.daniken.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join