It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble Orion image reveals cylindrical object

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been poster earlier, I searched for a while and didn't find anything about this. Please delete if its already been posted.

Got this from the Unknowncountry.com newsletter.

An image of the Orion Nebula taken by the Hubble Telescope last year shows a cylindrical object in space somewhere between the telescope and the nebula, which is 1,500 light years from earth.

I downloaded the huge image and found the object and created some zoomed in pictures of it.

Click image for full size

Click image for full size

Download the original image from hubblesite.org

These are huge 18000 x 18000 pixels, don't try to open these with an older computer.
Full tiff image (394mb)

Full jpg image (24mb)

Smaller version:
JPG 79kb

Rest of the newsletter:

There is no way to tell how far the cylinder is from the Hubble telescope, but an examination of the high-resolution TIFF file available on the Hubble site reveals that it is not a camera artifact or a digital inclusion, but an actual part of the image as taken by the telescope.
This is because there is a star behind the object, and flare from that star can be seen around the lower part of the object. This flaring has been examined, and it is in no way disturbed by digital manipulation. It is a flare of starlight around an actual object.
However, there is evidence of digital manipulation of this image. There are four apparent airbrush marks, two beside each end of the object. If these are indeed airbrush marks, and there is little else they could be, then the image has been altered to remove four smaller objects, two of which were present at each end of the cylinder.
Had such an object grouping been imaged by Hubble, it would have been irrefutable evidence of the presence of a craft of intelligent design somewhere between the telescope and the nebula.
As it is, it is possible--just--to argue that the cylinder is an asteroid.
It might be noted that NASA hacker Gary McKinnon has reported that he found evidence of the existence of a NASA airbrushing facility when he hacked into their computer system, as well as lists that suggested a large human and/or alien presence off-planet.
To see the cylinder on an image taken directly from the Hubble site, you will need to download one of their JPGs or their large TIFF file into an image viewer and zoom in. The object will quickly become visible. If you continue to zoom to 200% magnification, the four probable airbrush marks will be visible, too.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by quick]

`````````````````````````
Link to Unknowncountry

[edit on 10/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Interesting photo. I remember being amazed in one of my Astronomy classes looking at images from Hubble. Some of our lab assignments included measuring and calculating distances of features. I remember one nebula in particular. On an 8 1/2 X 11 inch photo, a single 1" jet of gas on the edge of the picture turned out to be over 30 LY long !

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Those are Scout Ships for an Interplanetary means.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Do you realize how big that thing'd have to be to show up in that photo?

It'd've to be many, many times bigger than many many suns slapped together.

On an 8 1/2 X 11 inch photo, a single 1" jet of gas on the edge of the picture turned out to be over 30 LY long !

Case in point.

As it is, it is possible--just--to argue that the cylinder is an asteroid.

I wouldnt' take anything that site says seriously, if they are suggesting that its an asteroid.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wounldn't NASA call that a baggy? Great find, I will say it is interesting.

Always facinated to see what the members here have to say.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
No doubt that it must be huge! But just because its huge doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Doesn't really look like an asteroid to me.

Also it could be much closer than the orion nebula. We just know its somewhere in between the Hubble and the orion nebula.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Could be just a blotch of different colored nebula. Could be anything, just an irregularity. It looks too amorphous to be a ship.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Do you realize how big that thing'd have to be to show up in that photo?

This was the first thought i had as well.

The second thought i had was could part of this "object" be due to shadow cast from the object onto particular matter around the object?

These are a few of my first thoughts after viewing the picture and reading the intro and other posts.

Thanks,
john

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I used to have this very image as my desktop and never noticed it.

This is clearly just another part of the Dark Nebulae which is prevalent in the overall image. A dark nebula is dust particles that blocks whatever is behind it, which is a star in this case. It is actually very interesting, but hardly a cylindrical UFO.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

Those are Scout Ships for an Interplanetary means.

And how exactly do you know that?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Gosh, our new members can really find the important stuff. Great work quick.
In my opinion, a photo analyst I'm not, the cylinder pic you brought us is quite large. And it seems to have detail rather than just round and long.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by quick
No doubt that it must be huge! But just because its huge doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Think about it. Where do the materials to make stuff come from? From planets.

How can you have something that is many many many many times bigger than the biggest of the suns that are bigger than all the planets around them?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
looks like someone took a giant space dump infront of the camera

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Wow thats witty, you must be what about 15?

I wonder what area that 1 pixel covers? Like some of you say, this thing is very, very big whatever it is. Ive heard/read about large city size space ships but not sun sized ships.
Im wondering though. How much closer is this thing than the Nebula is?
If it was to close, then it most likely would be really out of focus right?
Im just speculating here, i honestly have no clue or opinion on what this could be..
Maybe the hubble site put it in as a joke lmao

Originally posted by red eye agnostic
looks like someone took a giant space dump infront of the camera

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Is this the only photo?Icant believe they would not return to the same co-ordinates at a regular o
interval so we could judge its direction and speed...
At that distance it really has to be large, but not nessessarily the size of many suns....it sure looks to me like its way closer than the baackdrop galaxie....
It kind of reminds me of the wierd shaped UFO filmed over the UK ...
wwhich looked like a streamlined auto without wheels.
Is there any info besides this one shot?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I downloaded the 300mb + image and I cant seem to find it

Nevermind, i found it. Its almost directly in the center.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ok,I need to detail what we are seeing here:

1. The Orion Nebula
2. An object, so huge, it is caught in an image taken all the way from the Hubble.
3. The object is so close to one of the stars, that it shows the effects of the star's light in only a portion of the object.

Unless somebody can give evidence that this really isn't an object at all, (I don't care whether it is intelligently controlled or not), this would be a truly astounding mass.

Nothing like it should exist. Anything that large should have long since changed into one of the known celestial body types. A star or group of stars, etc.

It can't be.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
There seems to be light reflecting off of two sides of it. The top and the bottom at almost the same places. Find the reflection on the top and then look just below it on the bottom of the object.
i dont think that even metallic asteroids have this much reflective properties..
very interesting pic, i wonder how many of these have been missed in the past thousands and thousands of HST images..

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Let us not forget that this is a nebula, the birthing location for stars. Stars are born in the deep recesses of these kinds of clouds of interstellar gas and dust. Once they condense far enough, they spark to life, and start to burn. During that process, they move towards the outside of the nebula, sometimes dragging trails of dust and debris behind it. Look no further for evidence than the very same Orion Nebula:

isc.astro.cornell.edu...

To me, it's nothing more than another star birth. Such a beautiful thing to see, isn't it?

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Let us not forget that this is a nebula, the birthing location for stars. Stars are born in the deep recesses of these kinds of clouds of interstellar gas and dust. Once they condense far enough, they spark to life, and start to burn. During that process, they move towards the outside of the nebula, sometimes dragging trails of dust and debris behind it. Look no further for evidence than the very same Orion Nebula:

isc.astro.cornell.edu...

To me, it's nothing more than another star birth. Such a beautiful thing to see, isn't it?

TheBorg

I hope you are right. The thought of a "solid mass" that large, gave me the willies.

Anybody who understands the sizes and distances at the core of this discussion, knows just how INSANE something like this would be.

It would be like finding a mass that is many times the size of our solar system. It can't be.

I think the heavy dust cloud theory is a good fit. But, I still don't understand the reflection.

Ok Horri... stop thinking, stop thinking, stop thinking...

[edit on 2/11/2007 by Horrificus]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join