It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Church: Not Your Average Christian Church

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

That aside, I don't have a problem with any candidates religion so long as they realize the "religion of their office" comes first. That is, they give the priorities in decision-making to the Constitution, and to defer to the interests of the voters.

what if their religion hates blacks

As a mission for a church congregation, there are far worse things than being dedicated towards the advancement of people of color in a world controlled by the white man.

"people of colour"- I have never EVER seen a colourless person, where are these people you speak of.

How about the advancement of "PEOPLE" in general, how about that. "controlled by the white man", which white man?Literally ALLl hundreds of millions of white men, the poor, the disabled, the rich, the middle class, the so so rich, the unemployed all thinking an controlling as one body?!?!

Obama has more "control" and "Power" than this white man, so maybe I will start a church up.

You need to stop dehumanising people into neat little victim groups and segments

[edit on 24-6-2008 by blueorder]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Barack Obama has encountered questions and controversy regarding his past schooling and his religion. But his supporters have consistently portrayed him as being just your regular Christian, and have pointed to the church he is a member of, the Chicago's Trinity United Church Of Christ as proof. However, a closer look at this church reveals that it is strongly dedicated to Black values and traditions, and imparts political messages to it's members.

www.sweetness-light.com
Trinity United Church of Christ

About Us

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian… Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee chaired by Vallmer Jordan in 1981. We believe in the following 12 precepts and covenantal statements. These Black Ethics must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Blacks are gathered. They must reflect on the following concepts:

1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the Black Community
3. Commitment to the Black Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness"
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This seems to conflict with Obama's message of oneness and inclusion when he makes his speeches in front of the public. The church is also strongly very political and anti-Bush administration, as illustrated by the sermon What's Goin' On, included in the source link.

Related News Links:
www.tucc.org

I'm not racist at all but I do find it alarmingly funny that if a different church had to write the same thing as the above and replace every "black" with "white" people would be up in arms screaming "KKK!"

You just gotta love how racism actually just means, "anti-black" these days, the rest of us obviously dont have a race and certainly cant be proud of it. But on closer inspection, whats there to be proud about when speaking of race ?? .. It's not like YOU did anything to achieve your race, how can you be proud ? ... surely we should just BE... I mean honestly people... how can anyone be proud to be black, or white, or chinese... I'm not proud that I'm white at all, I'm just white and thats that, it's what I know and am and thats where the buck stops. I wouldnt want to be any other race purely because it's unknown to me and hence uncomfortable to what I know. End of story really.

- Sorry I know that was off-topic... I just had to cut loose a bit...

J

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Togetic

I agree that Obama is a racist by several comments made throughout his campaign and in his speeches. His affiliation with a church that has this type of philosopy promoting blacks to the exclusion of every other race only confirms my belief that he is indeed a racist and pray he does not get into the White House or we shall all be damned.

Some comments I heard during his speeches:

my grandmother "a typical white woman"
"you can't get to the front of the bus if you can't afford to get on the bus"
When he won the Dem. nomination, he state "I'd like to thank all my bothers and sisters", he was referring to the black community!

And most importantly to show what a racist he really is -- why does he refer to himself as African-American and not as bi-racial (is he ashamed that he is half white)? He is infact half white, half black. He definitely is not African American regardless of the color of his skin. He is just an American, like any other American born citizen.

Do I think he will have all americans' interest at heart? -- i'm not so sure!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

And most importantly to show what a racist he really is -- why does he refer to himself as African-American and not as bi-racial (is he ashamed that he is half white)?

Excuse me, but am I to understand that it is racist of Obama to not be white enough? If he'd make the most of his whiteness we'd be OK with him, but he just insists on being so dang black, so we can only conclude that he is a racist?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Maybe he should start calling himself blight... that way he won't hurt anyone's feelings.

Or how about Caucafrican.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Didn't the McCain campaign already start calling Obama a blight? It seems like they should have anyway- the rest of their campaign could easily segway into that. Muslim Anti-Christ Terrorist Cultmember Blight: It just rolls off the tongue, as most effective lies do.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by laiguana

it's not about racial ties, it's about cultural ties. it's basically the same as going to a polish catholic church that still holds 1 mass every week in polish.

i've read the statement, it really doesn't scare those who don't have a racial bias.

could someone highlight the racism?

oh... and he doesn't really have ties to islam at all. it's just bigoted fear mongering.

Yeah Madnessinmysoul everyone knows Races have no culture sheesh

Madnessinmysoul, you obviously don't like the truth when it goes against what most would consider distasteful in a Presidential Candidate so because Obama says he doesn't have ties to islam, YOU believe him?

Does anyone believe in the adage "where there is smoke there is fire"?

Well I do and we got a situation here

looking into Obama's life.

Around 1979 Obama started college at Occidental in California. He is
very open about his two years at Occidental, he tried all kinds of drugs and was wasting his time but, even though he had a brilliant mind, did not apply himself to his studies. 'Barry' (that was the name he used all his life) during this time had two roommates, Muhammad Hasan Chandoo and Wahid Hamid, both from Pakistan. During the summer of 1981, after his second year in college, he made a 'round the world' trip. Stopping to see his mother in Indonesia, next Hyderabad in India, three weeks in Karachi, Pakistan where he stayed with his roommate's family, then off to Africa to visit his father's family. My question - Where did he get the money for this trip? ! Nether I, nor any one of my children would have ha d money for a trip like this when they where in college. When hecame back he started school at Columbia University in New York. It is at this time he wants everyone to call him Barack - not Barry. Do you know what the tuition is at Columbia? It's not cheap! to say the least. Where did he get money for tuition? Student Loans? Maybe. After Columbia, he went to Chicago to work as a Community Organizer for $12,000. a year. Why Chicago? Why not New York ?

By 'chance' he met Antoin 'Tony' Rezko, born in Aleppo Syria, and a realestate developer in Chicago. Rezko has been convicted of fraud and
bribery this year. Rezko, was named 'Entrepreneur of the Decade' by the
Arab-American Business and Professional Association'. About two years
later, Obama entered Harvard Law School. Do you have any idea what
tuition is for Harvard Law School? Where did he get the money for
LawSchool? More student loans? After Law school, he went back to
Chicago. Rezko offered him a job, which he turned down. But, he did take a job with Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland. Guess what?

They represented 'Rezar' which Rezko's firm. Rezko was one of Obama's firstmajor financial contributors when he ran f! or offi ce in Chicago. In 2003, Rezko threw an early fundraiser for Obama which Chicago Tribune reporter David Mendelland claims was instrumental in providing Obama with 'seed money' for his U.S. Senate race. In 2005, Obama p u rchased a new home in Kenwoood District of Chicago for $1.65 million (less than asking price). With ALL those Student Loans - Where did he get the money for the property? On the same day Rezko's wife, Rita, purchased the adjoining empty lot for full price. The London Times reported that hadhmi Auchi, an Iraqi-born Billionaire loaned Rezko $3.5 million three weeks before Obama's new home was purchased. Obama met Nadhmi Auchi many times with Rezko.

Now, we have Obama running for President. Valerie Jarrett, was Michele
Obama's boss. She is now Obama's chief advisor and he does not make any
major decisions without talking to her first. Where was Jarrett born?
Ready for this? Shiraz, Iran! Do we see a pattern here? Or am I going
crazy?

On May 10, 2008 The Times reported, Robert Malley advisor to Obama was
'sacked' after the press found out he was having regular contacts with
'Hamas', which controls Gaza and is connected with Iran. This past week,buried in the back part of the papers, Iraqi newspapers reported that during Obama's visit to Iraq, he asked their leaders to do nothing about the war until after he is elected, and he will 'Take care of things'.

Oh, and by the way, remember the college roommates that where born in
Pakistan? They are in charge of all those 'small' Internet campaign
contribution for Obama. Where is that money coming from? The poor and
middle class in this country? Or could it be from the Middle East?

And the final bit of news. On September 7, 2008, The Washington Times
posted a verbal slip that was made on 'This Week' with George
Stephanapoulos. Obama on talking about his religion said, 'My Muslim
faith'. When questioned, 'he make a mistake'. Some mistake!

All of the above information I got on line. If you would like to check
it - Wikipedia, encyclopedia, Barack Obama; Tony Rezko; Valerie Jarrett: Daily Times - Obama visited Pakistan in 1981; The Washington Times -September 7, 2008; The Times May 10, 2008.

Now if you think thta church he belongs to is a Christian Church while you watch Rev Wright painting all rich white people as the enemy saying G** Damn America, Notice how often he says "I'm in the bible" or "I'm in the ancient text" Wright Mentor was James Cone creator of Black Liberation Theology and Wright was Obama's Mentor for 20 years he listened to the indoctrination of hate. One of the tenets of Black Liberation Theology is to usurp the white controled Government as agents for change.

The sermons are not religious but rather like Obama was when he worked as a community agitator or "organizer" they are to get the people riled up against white people especially rich white people.

Tell me if this doesn't sound exactly like what you see in Obama's Church. atheism.about.com...

[edit on 19-10-2008 by MAINTAL]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
UPDATE

Well ... as of this moment the Obama's haven't picked a DC church to call 'home'. Although they have visited at least one. Here's an account-

ABC News

The Obama family made the first step in finding a new church home in Washington, DC -– attending a Sunday church service at 19th Street Baptist Church in Northwest this morning –- one of the oldest and most historic African-American churches in the district.

Mr. and Mrs. Obama, their daughters, and Michelle's mother, Marian Robinson, received a standing ovation as they walked into the sanctuary as the choir sang.

A female associate pastor led a prayer which she ended –- appropriately using a campaign slogan from Mr. Obama –- “Yes we can, in the name of Jesus we pray, Amen. "

According to the White House, the Obama's aren't doing the Sunday Church thing .. they are doing the stay at home and read the bible thing.

(now why don't I believe that? oh yes .. because these are politicians)

Latest - Washington Times
Obama's seek new church as Easter approaches.

With Easter four days away, the Great Church Search is on for the Obamas, who are seeking a presidential place of worship ....

Yep .. just four days left to find a place to get juuuuuuuuust that right 'candid' shot of the president and his family leaving an Easter worship service.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just a sidebar,

Malcom X, one of the legendary equal rights activists of our time, was not only supportive of his own oppressed people, but oppressed people all over the world.

Take it how you want it.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vyrtigo
but oppressed people all over the world.

I don't remember hearing him say anything good about oppressed white people. Last I heard they were all 'devils' according to him.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I doubt that. Care to site the quote?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by forestlady
But the point is, the very same people that complain about blacks being into their "victimness", are the very same people here who are condemning a church because it's trying to better their own black community, and not be Victims. Hmm, who's the hypocrite here, I wonder? Not that there's any racism on this board, of course...

No, it's the old "two wrongs don't make it right" issue. How does adopting racism help the blacks forget their "victimness" and move forward?

Look at it this way. Any psychologist would tell and help a patient suffering from feelings of being victimized to find a way to get over it and move forward. They wouldn't advocate becoming an oppressor to effect the cure.

And isn't the ultimate goal to become "colorblind". If not, shouldn't it be? How does this church's philosophy help achieve that goal?

Which group of people are the black community oppressing?

Two wrongs don't make a right - you are correct but what is wrong with someone feeling completely hopeless about their life, struggles, hardships turning to their church for comfort and support.

catch 22 I guess.. I have heard over and over again that slavery was so long ago, its not like that anymore. Or minorities don't have it bad anymore ..OK has it really been that long for a whole race to still not be affected by years and years of oppression. I think not, I was just speaking to my great grandfather who still gets choked up from telling the story about his grandfather being dragged out of his home and strung up (in front of his family of course) for "not staying in his place"

My mother can recall having to stand outside in back of a cafe to have food handed to her because she was allowed to spend her money with said establishment but not fit to sit.

So in my world having someone tell me that my church/community serves only to turn me against "whites" is hard to swallow.

If I didn't have my church to uplift me at times who would you suggest I turn to? Oh I know that psychologist

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Obama picks a church for while he's president - Camp David

He won't be getting all the anti-white speeches from the pulpit. He won't be hearing 'God Damn America' either. No Black Liberation Theology "kill God if He doesn't agree with us' junk. No church bulletins with pro-Hamas/anti-Isreal rhetoric.

It'll all be rather quiet and God-focused.

Should be a bit of a shock to his and Michelle's system.

At least for the next 3 1/2 years until the American people send him back to Chicago.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Looks like he's not really done with his old 'church' yet ...

San Francisco Chornicle - Obama Makes Late Push For Black Voters

If Obama looks as if he's going black, he could turn off white people. So he's largely been lying low on the race issues - visibly pushing for the Latino vote, the gay vote, the women's vote, but not the black vote.

But last weekend, he held a conference call with a collection of black preachers that included his old pastor, Jeremiah Wright. He wanted to talk to them about getting out the vote.

Obama Campaign Denies the Rev. Wright Call (but people don't believe the White House

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Not bad point.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Not bad point.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join